Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
User28575

The good that comes out of acne...

is that we all become better people inside. They say suffering breeds understanding. I believe it. I think for every person on this message board who has suffered from acne, it's social, and psychological effects is one less hard edged person in this world. We all learn to judge people less by their physical afflictions and more by 'the content of their character'. I think it makes for one more person in the world who has a softer heart, a rounder edge, and makes for a better companion. So, for anybody who is suffering from acne, and to anybody who has won out against acne. You are one more person in this world who understands, and it's all of you kind people that make my life easier to live. So, thank you!

Yeah thats true to some extent but i also believe that if someone suffered from acne at a young age when perhaps their mind was not as mature then they will learn very little.

i agree acne probably does make the person nicer, certainly for myself the fact that i had it quite bad really makes me appreciate my now clear skin and i will never take it for granted.

on the other hand i do feel it made me to a certain extent image obsessed, i mean i cant help it, i just look at myself quite a lot, too much probably. i no if i hadnt of had acne i wud not do this, it made me incredibly self concious which is definately not a good thing.

whenever i see someone struggling with acne i always want to help them overcome it, too many people make classic mistakes like touching their skin too much, overwashing, washing with soap. but i no that most people with it dont wanna talk about it,on an interpersonal level at least.

Of course that's true ^___________^

But it also made me.. more concerned about myself..

I'm constantly trying to find other ways to enhance my appearance to make up for the acne. -__-" Had I not had acne, I would not look in the mirror as much as I do now. I would probably never have started to use make-up on a daily basis, etc.............

It also makes me wish vulnerabilities on others, those perfect people without acne..

haha.........

Having acne makes me appreciate the little things like nice days and makes me aware of things I probably would't notice before. In a weird way I like the feeling that maybe only I notice things like that.

very good post. i agree with you and i also agree with the rest. yall have a good point =) i personally became more self conscious so thats one negative thing.. but i learned to become more patient, trying real hard not to judge people by their appearance (less shallow?), and i actually appreciate things i took for granted in the past.

things happen for a reason.

Well, I'm certainly more understanding of people with acne and other appearance issues. However, I wouldn't say I've become a better person at all. I've always been pretty "humble" (if I may say so) but now I'm depressed as well. I easily get mad at people because I'm unhappy, and have that general "anti-smile" look about me. If anything, I've probably become a worse person because of acne.

Not to be pessimistic. :P Nice post - I'm glad you're all benefiting.

I was healthy and happy.

Now im fucked (but getting better!)

Acne made me depressed, angry, cynical, bitter and resentful.

The only good thing it did was humble me. But thats not much to hold onto.

It made me enjoy such the little things in life, I walk around smiling when normal skin people walk around looking lost. I am less likely to do something stupid from being out partying all the time. I can't explain it I just feel happy about things people wouldn't even notice.

And I find money alot by looking alot the ground trying to avoid certain people's eye contact , I found 50 dollars the other day when heaps of people were walking past it. And more money over the last few weeks. It's making me rich......lol they say lucky people notice money don't know about that.

like what other people said this thread made me smile

Everything that bad skin is good for, there is a negitive there that cancels it out, well for me anyway. for example

.Im a nicier person, but i cant show emotion in real life anymore

.I eat healthy, but i dont have a six pack anymore ( doesnt make sence does it)

.I learnt how to have sexy skin, but i dont have sexy skin

.I dont make people angry anymore, but i dont make people feel anything

Theres other stuff to but everything that is good, is knocked out for me, i cant wait till my clear!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! then it will be nothing but positives

I wholeheartedly agree that suffering through acne does make you less judgmental of others; and an all around better person inside. Further, for those who have gone through serious depression from acne yet have never stopped fighting, it builds incredible strength of character. These are very positive things about having acne, but how many people would give them up and trade their acne for being a handsome/beautiful normal skin person who is shallow and judgmental? lol That's a tough one...

hahah that's stereotypical of people who suffer, they better understand other people's suffering.

If the world was all pretty rainbows and happy days the earth would explode.

i agree acne probably does make the person nicer, certainly for myself the fact that i had it quite bad really makes me appreciate my now clear skin and i will never take it for granted.

on the other hand i do feel it made me to a certain extent image obsessed, i mean i cant help it, i just look at myself quite a lot, too much probably. i no if i hadnt of had acne i wud not do this, it made me incredibly self concious which is definately not a good thing.

whenever i see someone struggling with acne i always want to help them overcome it, too many people make classic mistakes like touching their skin too much, overwashing, washing with soap. but i no that most people with it dont wanna talk about it,on an interpersonal level at least.

Sounds just like me...

i was never judgmental before acne, and now that i have it i've just felt the lowest in my life. when i tried to stop thinking about my acne i ended up becoming even more judgmental, so it really just fucks with the mind.

i really appleaud this post. ive thought this for many years and ive noticed that i have definately become a stronger tougher person because of having this disease. when bad things happen to me, i don't overract. i know that ive recently come ouy of being severely depressed for years.. and it makes me internally invincible in the fight to keep my brain in check. i also notice my perspective on life has changed intensely and i am constantly viewing situations with more care.. although this may also be from self conciousness. anyhow there i no doubt in my mind.. that acne has built me up as a person.. and even if i don't recover... nothing can shake that. this is who i am now.