Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Natedawg

brown mark.. hyperpigmentation

okay i have pimples here and there.. i leave them alone and they go away but leaves brown marks... or sometimes they pop on their own.. whats the best product that will fade them away.. i've tried hydroquinone 4% for about a month or 2 didn't see any result.. tried ambi fade cream for a month or 2 didn;t see resuults.. please refer me something that really works.. heres a pic or 2

Picture188-1.jpg

post-56901-1190007651_thumb.jpg

post-56901-1190007651_thumb.jpg

According to a book written by a dermatologist (I can't recall the doctor's name at the moment), Asian and African skin tend to show scarring more easily and take longer to heal.

I would recommend giving the hydroquinone a bit longer to work. At 4% concetnration, it is stronger than ordinary over-the-counter products, so I'm surprised you saw no results. Also, if the product you were using didn't contain AHA or BHA, adding one of these ingredients will speed up the process (but don't use AHA/BHA in high concentrations).

Aloette Lumitone PC Pigment Correcting Spot Treatment may also help. The ingredients are considered to be safer than hydroquinone and are safe for persons of all skin colors. Again, though, it takes a while to see results.

Kojic acid, derived from Japenese mushrooms, is considered effective in treating hyperpigmentation and acne scars. Perhaps someone can suggest products containing this ingredient as I haven't used any myself.

Good luck.

if you still have acne i suggest you try to get the under control first..

there's a lot of treatments for PIH depending on your skintone as well..

-chemical peels

-light treatments

-like you said hq(although this has been linked to causing skin cancers)

marks go away on its own but it takes time.. these various treatments speed up the process..

goodluck...

help needed so use the hydroquninone again for some time? i didn;t want to catch skin cancer.. and u said use the hydroqunione along with a bha or aha product like what a cleanser.. help needed..

My skin is just like yours, but with alot more hyperpigmentation.

I'm 21, and Ive been using hydroquinone on and off since I was about 16, and I have never seen any improvement. Personally, I think Hydroquinone is useless. I believe it's just harmful crap. I'm trying this new cream by godiva, and it's been awesome for me so far.

Here's the link to the topic :

http://www.acne.org/messageboard/index.php...142318&st=0

---

According to a book written by a dermatologist (I can't recall the doctor's name at the moment), Asian and African skin tend to show scarring more easily and take longer to heal.

---

True. I think you're talking about Dr Susan Taylor. I have her number in my cellphone, and I see her about once a month for chemical peels.

help needed so use the hydroquninone again for some time? i didn;t want to catch skin cancer.. and u said use the hydroqunione along with a bha or aha product like what a cleanser.. help needed..

I have Asian skin, and have the same problem. The marks used to take 3-4 months to go away but now I cover the marks (and about an inch around them) lavishly in kojic acid and they go away in about a month.

i was thinkin about getting AHA souffle 12% from walgreens u think that would help me at all.. how would i use it and do i need a mostiuzier(sp)

thanks

Actually I have heard hydroquinone is bad for the skin.... But anyway, currently I am using Alpha-Hydrox 10% Glycolic AHA Enhanced Lotion and I think it's great. I also have Aqua Glycolic but for some reason I prefer Alpha-Hydrox over it for various reasons. I think you should try the Alpha-Hydrox or try the Neutrogena Healthy Skin Lotion with AHA,(get the Night or Non-Greasy Formula)

i was thinkin about getting AHA souffle 12% from walgreens u think that would help me at all.. how would i use it and do i need a mostiuzier(sp)

thanks