Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
greenskies

Aqua Glycolic vs. Alpha Hydrox

I've been using Alpha Hydrox 10% AHA Lotion for a couple months now and have seen quite a bit of improvement in my acne and red marks. But I read so much about Aqua Glycolic cleanser and it makes me curious... Has anyone used both? How do they compare? Thanks a lot!

I have used Alpha Hydrox and I have to say it actually works, i got aqua glycolic like a week ago but im not seeing anything yet. when i was on alpha hydrox, i saw like results in within a week

i have only used AG

i dont know if its actually doing much with the red marks, but damn its good stuff. Ive hardly had any spots since ive used it thus allowing the red marks to heal. there has been the odd little pimple but no whoppers like ive had before :)

I myself use Avon's Advanced Retexturizing Peel. It's a 10% glycolic acid product. Glycolic acid is magnificent. It's great for comedonal acne and in the long run may improve cystic acne (but that's only conjecture!)

Some people will begin to see results with glycolic acid within one week. Others will see results after more time. One should see some difference after a month.

Results mean: smoother skin, slight improvement with shallow scarring, slight improvement with hyperpigmentation from acne, improvement in melasma, and decreased comedonal acne. With continued use of glycolic acid since April, I have seen difference in even the deepest and largest boxcars. Their sides are less jagged. I saw this change even before I did a TCA peel and a TCA CROSS.

Please remember that sunscreen is absolutely vital when using any glycolic acid product.

Either product should be just fine, but I think a leave-on has a greater chance of giving one more results. I believe Aqua Glycolic makes a toner, also. Alpha Hydrox's souffle and other products (lotion comes to mind) would work nicely. I use the Souffle for my arms and shoulders and back and chest to minimize the long-term effects of cumulative sun damage.

is alpha hydrox enhanced lotion non- comodgenic? and by that i mean does it actually say it on the bottle. Because everything ive used for my redmarks instantly break me out; actually everything i leave on my face that isnt non-comodgenic breaks me out.

This is a very good topic, because Alpha Hydrox 10% AHA Lotion and Aqua Glycolic cleanser seem to be the two most popular products at the moment.

I recently got the Aqua Glycolic cleanser but have only used it once so far - I was eager to try it out, but then woke up with an extra spot that wasn't there the night before... I'm not being a wuss and refusing to go through the initial outbreak, but I'm just postponing it as I'm going to a Christening at the weekend and would prefer to keep my clear status intact for the time being! Anyway.... depending on how AG works for me, Alpha Hydrox is definitely the next thing on my list to try out. Has anyone actually used them together at the same time? Would that be a really bad idea? :think:

This is a very good topic, because Alpha Hydrox 10% AHA Lotion and Aqua Glycolic cleanser seem to be the two most popular products at the moment.

I recently got the Aqua Glycolic cleanser but have only used it once so far - I was eager to try it out, but then woke up with an extra spot that wasn't there the night before... I'm not being a wuss and refusing to go through the initial outbreak, but I'm just postponing it as I'm going to a Christening at the weekend and would prefer to keep my clear status intact for the time being! Anyway.... depending on how AG works for me, Alpha Hydrox is definitely the next thing on my list to try out. Has anyone actually used them together at the same time? Would that be a really bad idea? :think:

I saw faster results with Aqua Glycolic than I did with Alpha Hydrox and AG stings alot less than Alpha Hydrox does. I haven't finished my bottle of AG and I went through two AH souffles, two AH body lotion and 1 of those peels. But I'm thinking about ordering another body lotion :think:

Is Aqua Glycolic cleanser good at removing makeup?

I wanted to try it, though I'm doing well with the current glycolic products I have. I'm always on the lookout for anything that may be better or that may be added in.