Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
PrznKing

WHat should I look for in a facial mask?

What should I be looking for? What are active ingredients that are good? Also, after I cleanse and put the mask on, do I moisturize when I take it off or just take it off and that's it?

Sorry, I don't know what ingredients you should be looking for but I would recommend Queen Helene's Mint Julep Mask. Its great at cleaning your pores and it's also great as a spot treatment over night. If you use it on your entire face, you should moisturize afterwards because it can be drying.

http://www.queenhelene.com//skincaremaskscrub2.php

The mint julep mask. It has sulfur AND zinc! Really an awesome non comedogenic mask. Try it out, you will love it. Gentle too, and does a great job. It's cheap as can be, and also available at cvs. Their scrub is amazing too, the oatmeal scrub, it's fine small grains so it does not irritate it used gently. You can also use a baby brush if you don't want a scrub. Either way, those are very good options and cost friendly!

I love the Queen Helene Mint Julep mask. I use it occasionally as a mask. Recently I had to use it as a spot treatment when a makeup broke me out something fierce. Grrr. But the five lesions faded in three days with BP and QH mask.

As an exfoliant, I recommend the baby's hair brush method (see my signature below) or an electric toothbrush with a spinning head and a gentle cleanser, or a 10% glycolic acid product. See the link in my signature for glycolic acid products that people frequently recommend.

Thanks...awesome links

So I'm going to stay clear of facial scrubs because the baby brush from what I'm reading looks really good.

For the masks, I'm used to having products like Zirh and Anthony Logistics. Are they any different than the QH?? I'm not used to spending 4 bucks on something that actually works, lol. Should I just buy the three and see what works best or stick with QH??

I love bentonite clay mask, but only for oily skin, it draws out the impurities from the pores and makes you feel squaky clean.

I use the QH Mint Julep masque too, and I really, really love it. But I can't tell you how it compares to others, bc it's the only one I've ever used.

When I first used it, I left it on for the amount of time in the directions (10-15 min?), but now I usually leave it on overnight. I have really oily skin, but if yours is dry I wouldn't do this bc the masque is really drying (probably why I love it...). I usually do it about once/week, sometimes a little more or less.

Also agree that it's great for spot treatment (again, I leave it on overnight).

Since I do the overnight thing, I rinse it off with my hands and water (cause that stuff will stick to a washcloth like mad), then wash my face, bp, etc. as usual.

I find it helps spots go away more quickly, dries up that oily skin feeling, and yes indeedy, makes my pores seem smaller.

And yes, it's cheap...and so am I...but it works fantastically for me.