Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
alexWHO?

New healthy lifestyle

Hello all!

I feel that my current lifestyle is not that healthy. I play on my computer for 3+ hours straight each day, I eat lots of junk food, I used to go outside and hang out with friends but now I will just sit inside and do nothing. I am here because I want to change that.

Last week my mom found out that she has diabetes. I've heard that if my parents have diabetes then I have an increased chance of getting diabetes and I want to try and reduce my chances by eating healthy and exercising. So I am here to ask if yall could point me in the right direction of starting a new and healthy life.

Would it be a good idea to see a nutritionist?

What kind of foods should I eat?

What kind of exercises should I do?

Does a good diet help fight acne?

As you can see I'm pretty much in the dark about this subject, but I am willing to change! Any help is greatly appreciated!

I think The Paleo Diet was the best diet book ever, totally helped me out.

Even if you don't follow it exactly, just doing some of the things in there

will defenitely help.

I have glucose problems and a diabetes risk, and this diet is awesome! I

had a glucose of 140 :shock: , and now I'm 113. Okay, that's still high, but

I defenitely brought it down. And it greatly improved my skin as well :D

Check out the book, and good luck :D

Hello all!

I feel that my current lifestyle is not that healthy. I play on my computer for 3+ hours straight each day, I eat lots of junk food, I used to go outside and hang out with friends but now I will just sit inside and do nothing. I am here because I want to change that.

Last week my mom found out that she has diabetes. I've heard that if my parents have diabetes then I have an increased chance of getting diabetes and I want to try and reduce my chances by eating healthy and exercising. So I am here to ask if yall could point me in the right direction of starting a new and healthy life.

Would it be a good idea to see a nutritionist?

What kind of foods should I eat?

What kind of exercises should I do?

Does a good diet help fight acne?

As you can see I'm pretty much in the dark about this subject, but I am willing to change! Any help is greatly appreciated!

Why don't you have a look at "Body for Life" and start a challenge?

Although it is mostly "common sense" it is combined together in a way that has helped hundreds of people. And although the first "challenges" were for people who just wanted to have a "better looking" body, with the years and thanks to web communities more and more people are taking the challenge to improve their health, their self-confidence, their energy/concentration levels and resistance to the point that at least 2-3 winners every year are either invalid people or people with serious problems improving their confidence, body appareance but health too. Most inspiring have been the challenges of a girl with muscular distrophy and a woman, mother of three children, with cancer. She created a web with pics after the challenge and you could clearly see the transformation in everything, from her attitude with the children and her smile to the face definition and posture.

What is very inspiring is the community support and how you're reminded that if they "could" do it, you sure have "no excuses" to not do it too. For example this woman I was talking about could only lift coins at the beginning and could only walk for 5 minutes around her bed cause she was connected to a breathing machine and slowly she went from this from lifting real weights and running outside. If you have tried to change your lifestyle, body, confidence, strength and health before but you didn't success one big reason is a lack of daily support from people who are attempting the same or have succeeded in the past.

Some people have an official challenge (in which they could win up to 50.000 dollars for their transformation) but many just do it unofficially following though the guidelines.

It's worth a try since you seem like the right person for this kind of challenge:

Body For Life

My grandma has to use insulin, and my mom luckily isn't that bad. Still she has to check her blood sugar every so often, eat on a regular interval basis, and watch what she eats.

Let me say that it is absolutely wonderful when a person decides to take care of their body. It is seriously amazing how much any person can accomplish with some effort.

My recommendations:

Seeing a nutritionist would be good, learn about food that should be avoided for those with a family history of diabetes to prevent its development

Get your mom to purchase a blood sugar testing meter and start recording logs of what you and you mom eat, and what your blood sugar is like an hour after you eat. This way you and your mom will know how much specific food you eat effect your blood sugar level.

As far as foods go, avoid anything with excess sugar. Usually this is sodas and candy. Try measuring out the amount of sugar you read on some of these labels and you will be surprised when you see how much it really is. There are lots of good sugar free drinks and candies.

Cardiovascular exercise is great for the body. Walking, jogging, running, and swimming are all good examples. Jogging and running require proper form so as to minimize knee wear, swimming is very low impact on joints.

According to what some people say, a good diet will help to prevent acne. The amount to which it helps probably varies from person to person and from diet to diet.