Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Devinn

Could use some advice for these red marks

Okay well I have very mild - slightly moderate acne, and my problem now is the red marks on mostly my cheeks that have been left behind.

For a little over a month I have done this (as prescribed by my Dermatologist)

Doxycycline 50 MG; 2 times a day (breakfast then at Dinner)

Clenia wash; morning then at night (Sodium Sulfacetamide 10% and Sulfur 5%)

then after the Clenia wash

Benzaclin Gel

then I put on what my doctor prescribed moisturizer

Clindamycin Phosphate Lotion 1%

(please take note that someday I only use at night, and not during the morning if my face gets too dry!)

My acne is pretty much ALL gone, which is great! but I now notice all the little red marks (especially in the light) left behind from a year or 2 ago. The doctor said that would be my main problem. I know that Clenia and Benzaclin have a bleaching agent in them both to help aid with that, but I don't feel that it's enough. What do you think I could add in there to reduce the red marks a lot faster than with what I'm doing now? I'm thinking about using the Tape method or St. Ives "Peel off" Hydroxy Masque (Alpha Hydroxy) after I use the Clenia wash and before I use the Benzaclin. Any thoughts about those 2, or even doing both; or suggestions on other product I could buy? I also hear vitamin E aids in red marks decently, could I add that in with my benzaclin?

-devin

Yes, do try alpha-hydroxy acid, those help with fading red marks. Right now, I am using the Aqua Glycolic Cleanser first, then I apply my Benzaclin. I wait about 5-6 min. then I apply my Aqua Glycolic Face Cream.

I used to use Alpha-Hydrox 10% Glycolic Acid Enhanced Lotion after I apply Benzaclin, I actually got real quick results with that, so you should try the Alpha-Hydrox or Aqua Glycolic. OR, try the Neutrogena Healthy Skin Lotion WITH Alpha-Hydroxy Acid, get the Night or Non-Greasy version, the SPF 15 one is too greasy.

hmmmm, the Alpha Hydroxy stuff I have is a peel off, so think I could use it after my wash, then the peel, then the benzaclin? I'll definately look into those products, and I'm also going to be taking some Vitamin E and Omega fatty acid supplements to see how that will work.

I think you should try the 10% AHA Enhanced Lotion, and the cleanser. Benzaclin is a prescribed topical.. so yeah...

I think you should try the 10% AHA Enhanced Lotion, and the cleanser. Benzaclin is a prescribed topical.. so yeah...

could you give me a link to what product you use that worked for you so I could purchase it? please =)