Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
stellaranne

Everyday Minerals vs. Bare Esscentuals?

Well I have severe acne, red marks, blah blah etc etc. We all have these issues!

Reading posts on this forum, it seems most of you prefer Everyday Minerals over Bare Esscentuals. I havent tried either, but was strongly considering BE till I came across everyones posts.

Could anyone tell me why EM is amazing compared to BE? Id love to try it if its really better! Thanks ladies

I love EM :wub:

I think I've spent a total of about $30 and I'll still have make up for another year!

The veils? heaven. I look like a fricking DOLL. :)

What first seduced me with EM was the price. WAAAAAY more affordable than BE, and the kits are that much better. You get full sizes and a lot of them with EM, unlike BE which charges you MORE for less makeup.

Plus I much prefer the quality of EM. There are more colors, more options, more everything and superior customer service, not just for a makeup company.

I use EM and love it for the most part, pretty much all parts. I haven't used BE but the word is that it makes faces shinier and makes people break out. I think BE is for people with acne free complexions and EM is more for people with acne and or scars. Also, there's an ingredient in BE, not sure the name of it (brain fart) that irritates skin. EM is more natural.

What first seduced me with EM was the price. WAAAAAY more affordable than BE, and the kits are that much better. You get full sizes and a lot of them with EM, unlike BE which charges you MORE for less makeup.

Plus I much prefer the quality of EM. There are more colors, more options, more everything and superior customer service, not just for a makeup company.

I used both, and EM beats BE out of the water!!!

EM covers SOOO MUCH BETTER! And yes, BE makes your face all shiny, and I could not find a good color so my face was always orange.

With EM it's way cheaper, and the kits are soo much better.

I am seriously amazed with EM all together, customer service is EXCELLENT, colors are great, makeup is fabulous, price-you can't beat it!

EM ALL THE WAY!

I had been using Bare Escentuals (before that Sheer Cover, and before that Physicians Formula Mineral Make-up) and I couldnt figure out why I developed cystic acne, which I never had a problem with before. After doing researh I discovered the BE and SC contain the binder bismuth oxychloride, which is a byproduct of lead refining and clogs pores. So my almost brand-new containers of BE are being gifted to my sister-in-law (who doesn't break out from it--but she also doesn't have acne-prone skin) and I have ordered the free sample from Everyday Minerals, and also another sample from a company called Sheer Miracle, which also does not use bismuth oxychloride.

Here are a few good reason to give EM a try before BE: EM is cheaper, rave reviews by people who have acne that use it, AND the FREE Sample (just pay shipping!), absence bismuth oxychloride.