Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
dvdgal

When to add BHA and AHA with Dan's regimen?

I've been using Dan's regimen since July now, so far so good. I've been clearing up and lesser blackheads. However, I still have some new blackheads and whiteheads formed occasionally and therefore some of them have become new acne... I've been reading this forum quite sometimes now. So you guys told me I should use BHA and AHA to help prevent forming black/whiteheads. However, I'm not sure how to add BHA and AHA into the regimen. Esp BHA... Any ideas?? Thank you!

If you've been on since July, and if you're clear of most of your inflammatory acne, you can add in something else if you want to. I'd go with the AHA, personally. You might try the one Dan recommends, Alpha Hydrox Enhanced Lotion.

I like using AHA during the moisturizing step after BP once a day, keeps it pretty simple. Both AHA and BHA in addition to BP might be a little much, though. If you want to use BHA, I'd recommend using BHA as a replacement for BP during the morning routine rather than deal with layering both products. If you want to use BHA and BP at the same time on your skin, though, I'd wash, then BHA, wait, then BP, wait, then moisturize, but be careful if you go this route because using both topicals because it may take some adjusting to handle both at the same time.

I've been doing the regimen also since July 20th I think. My skin is definitly clearing up, but now I have to deal with flakes and fine lines and whatnot. I have been using Dan's BP now for a few days instead of Nuetrogena BP. I'm still trying to get used to it. I'm thinking of waiting about 1 more month till I add Nuetrogena Healthy Skin.