Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Prevents DHT from forming. Surely a good regimen that prevents bacterial acne combined with plenty of Saw Palmetto to treat internal causes of acne will stop acne all together. Has anyone had any joy with Saw Palmetto?

iv also read that some ppl take Saw Palmetto to treat hairloss. and i do have moderate acne for a long time now and recently genetic hairloss started getting obvious. but i also read messing around with hormones is dangerous. yes i'd love to know anyone who has tried or read much into it

It helps me. I've taking 1000 mg a day for a number of months now. This seems like a lot to me, actually, (although the packet says you can take 1,500 mg!) but I haven't noticed any negative effects so far.

I tried halving my dosage to 500 mg last week and got pustules on one side of my jaw. I haven't had them there for ages, so now I'm back up to the full 1000 mg and am clearing up again.

P.S. You might get more replies in the Nutrition and Holistic Health section.

I know mate I should have put it in that section really.

Ive been taking 2 capsules per day for about a month and a half but have been reading thats not enough.

As I have regular acne whitheads does that mean I have a high amount of DHT in me? If so am I going to go bald soon?

Yes, but I also took zinc and vitamin C at the same time so couldn't say for sure how much affect saw palmetto has. But the combination made my skin a lot less oily. This was the first thing that ever helped me, other than identifying a food trigger.

Thanks Willow.

Yes I also take Vit C, Zinc, Vit A, Primrose Oil, B5, Omega 3,6,9 and a few more. Im going to up my Saw palmetto intake and hopefully reduce dht which should stop acne.

I've taken 1000 mg twice a day for almost a year now. It is a food source, so I don't think it will cause you any harm.

It completely gets rid of my cysts and the majority of the little ones, but it also leaves me pretty asexual.

I was working under the impression that I could slowly bring my dose down, but that attempt let to like 8 new cysts in one week lol... so it sure does work, but it will probablly be a forever thing.

I've found that taking a stupid amount of fish oil works better, and gives your skin a nicer look. Within like a week of 2 tablespoons nutrasea per day, my skin looks way more radiant, and it makes it less oily too. My red marks, (which plague me for months) are non-existant, and all my new acne isn't going to form into redmarks which was my major complaint.

For me, I'll usually have at least 5 zits at any time, but if you don't have the accompanying redmarks, I say it doesn't look that bad. Lol. And I'm sexual again! Which makes my bf :)