Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
emg13

Has the regimen stopped working for me?

Hi, everyone. I have been using the DKR since July of 2006 and experienced almost an entire year of acne-free skin. I admit to being lazy here and there (at night) during that year, but no major breakouts ever happened. Then, suddenly, around June of 2007, I started to get pimples again. I thought, "Uh oh, okay, I've learned my lesson: no more being lazy ever." So I haven't missed a step since, but I'm still breaking out. The breakouts are not as bad or as frequent as before I started the regimen, but I'm wondering, after three months of being completely faithful to the regimen, why I'm breaking out at all. Right now, I have a cluster on the bottom right half of my face that includes two large white heads and an even larger cyst (which is red, painful, and without a head). Can anyone help? Any advice would be very appreciated. I feel like this is contributing to me sliding into a depression and not wanting to leave my apartment, and I can't let that happen. Thank you for reading.

Acne can better or worsen over time. My guess would be that your acne could be getting worse so you mihgt want to try using more bp from now on.

Could be hormonal fluctuations or something similar causing your acne to become a bit more persistent than before. You might use an extra dab of BP on the areas you are having the most problems with and see if that helps better manage the breakouts.

yeah thats happening to me too! ive been on the regimen since January of 2006 and ive only used BP at night and it worked fine for me. but over the summer i went to my cousins house and stayed there for 2 weeks. and i only used BP like 6 times. 2 weeks after i come back home and back on the regimen, i start breaking out. and still till this day, im getting new pimples! i havent changed my regimen or anything, i dont know whats going on but its pissing me off. :wall:

Thanks so much for your responses. I have a feeling that the return of my acne also has to do with my lack of exercise and proper nutrition. I have now joined Weight Watchers and am incorporating exercise into my daily routine. I hope to see my skin clear up soon (as it seems to be doing already). I'm almost 25 years old and was hoping I wouldn't have to worry about this anymore by now, but c'est la vie. Thanks again.