Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
RCRanger03

Death by Ramen

Hey i was wondering if eating crazy amounts of ramen noodles (i eat the bricks straight out of the bag) could mess with my acne. I'm a college student, and the bags are 10 for a dollar so you can see why its an attractive food source.

It's possible as they do have a lot of salt in them and salt has iodine and iodine is implicated in acne breakouts. Excess salt isn't all that good for one.

PS: I'm moving this to the Nutrition and Holistic Health forum where you'll likely get more replies as this isn't a regimen log...unless you do intend to try to eat Ramen to death. Please don't, though. ;)

Off topic but.... I only tried ramen noodles once... and that was after my friend poured boiling water on my hand while cooking them.......... and they weren't even good tasting :cry:

I love the spicy korean ones, they're the best. Perfect for days I don't feel like going out to buy meals. What kind of ramen noodles are 10 for $1 though? The cheapest I've ever found was 29cents.

Anyway, I've heard a rumor, more like an urban legend really, that a uni student bought an expensive car, then has to eat cheapy instant noodles everyday, for every meal. After 3 months, he's dead. True story? Who knows? But eating too much of that stuff definitely isn't good.

Hey i was wondering if eating crazy amounts of ramen noodles (i eat the bricks straight out of the bag) could mess with my acne. I'm a college student, and the bags are 10 for a dollar so you can see why its an attractive food source.

Ramen noodles are among the worst food you can eat. I looked at a bag and it had about 50 ingredients! 4 kinds of hydrogenated fat, several diffrent forms of msg, colorings, preservatives, soy and a bunch of other crap.

You could just aswell buy a bag of flour or sugar and eat that. It's better for you. And propably even cheaper.

I think that most of those ingredients with all the salt and such are in the flavor packets of which i just throw away. I truly just open the bag and bite chunks straight off the brick of raw noodles.

I didn't realize that they were wheat though thank you healthoid. I'll try and cut back on them, but when i cant get to the dining hall, and i'm all out of other foods. Ramen noodles generally carry me til the first of the month when i have money to go get real food.

However i dont think i have a food allergy to wheat because for as long as i can remember my dad bought wheat bread for our family, and now in college i've subconciously carried on the tradition.

Guest delta force operators

soon da accutane should kick it man, no worries bro

If you have any type of health problem, massive ammounts of ramen noodles will surely make it worse. The fact that they are so cheap reflects their quality. I'm sure a bag of white flour and a spoon is a cheap source of food as well.

If you have any type of health problem, massive ammounts of ramen noodles will surely make it worse. The fact that they are so cheap reflects their quality. I'm sure a bag of white flour and a spoon is a cheap source of food as well.

I think that most of those ingredients with all the salt and such are in the flavor packets of which i just throw away. I truly just open the bag and bite chunks straight off the brick of raw noodles.

I love the spicy korean ones, they're the best. Perfect for days I don't feel like going out to buy meals. What kind of ramen noodles are 10 for $1 though? The cheapest I've ever found was 29cents.

Ramen itself may be bad for acne (quickly rises blood sugar), but if you are living on that much Ramen you are probably going to be deficient in many nutrients. Nutrient deficiencies can cause acne also, so don't plan on eating ramen for every meal, or even most meals. You are much better off eating a wide variety of foods.

What is wrong with Ramen:

Too much sodium, which is bad for the kidneys and liver.

High glycemic.

Wheat based.

Nutrionless.

What is good about it:

It's cheap.

It tastes good.

You know what else fits the bottom two with none of the above, health wise? Rice.

You don't need money OR cooking skills to buy a large bag of brown rice from the grocery store ($1.25) put it in a rice cooker for 15 minutes, add a little salt (and if you want to get fancy, maybe open a can of beans or some tomatoe sauce) and eat away.

That would be cheaper, healthier,and taste better than some pre-packaged gunk from Japan.

And if you are willing to live off Ramen, don't come complaining here about how frustrated you are with acne. It's your body telling you to stop being such an idiot.