Notifications
Clear all

How often do you pop pimples?

MemberMember
(@dis)

Posted : 09/15/2007 4:36 pm

I never used to pop pimples, and I've had acne since I was 12-13. Like most people, I was told the myth that popping pimples is always bad, no matter what.

I'm starting to do it now only on big pustules when the white is showing and I can easily drain the pus and disinfect.

Anyway, how often do you do it? How much is too much? Are there certain parts of the face that are fine for popping or areas to to avoid?

MemberMember
(@i-wonder)

Posted : 09/15/2007 4:44 pm

I never used to pop pimples, and I've had acne since I was 12-13. Like most people, I was told the myth that popping pimples is always bad, no matter what.

I'm starting to do it now only on big pustules when the white is showing and I can easily drain the pus and disinfect.

Anyway, how often do you do it? How much is too much? Are there certain parts of the face that are fine for popping or areas to to avoid?

i try to avoid doing it on the chin, and especially underneath the nose/above the lip...it leaves a small scar for a while..

i dont like pimples on my chin,under nose,nose,near my nose,middle of forehead and middle of eyebrows...

and if i have a pimple i put BP on it and it dries out...i never tried toothpaste

MemberMember
(@smile-for-me)

Posted : 09/15/2007 5:47 pm

NEVER. lol

I only popped one pimple in my LIFE. =) And that was because it was around my upper lip around my nose, and it was so big that I had trouble breathing!! And it hurt so bad. So... I popped it only AFTER it came to a head.

but other than that.... i just leave them alone. And besides, I don't get much pimples nowadays due to zinc supplements. =D

MemberMember
(@dis)

Posted : 09/15/2007 6:38 pm

NEVER. lol

I only popped one pimple in my LIFE. =) And that was because it was around my upper lip around my nose, and it was so big that I had trouble breathing!! And it hurt so bad. So... I popped it only AFTER it came to a head.

but other than that.... i just leave them alone. And besides, I don't get much pimples nowadays due to zinc supplements. =D

Weird, zinc doesn't help me much at all.

MemberMember
(@jfender24)

Posted : 09/16/2007 1:35 am

I always pop them with my knuckles. So that I don't dig my fingernails in my skin. I never apply a lot of pressure. if it doesn't pop easily then it's just not ready =/

MemberMember
(@jane-jones)

Posted : 09/16/2007 2:20 am

NEVER now that I realized whenever I pop a pimple the bacteria moves to the pore next to it, no matter how many precautions I take to disinfect the area. Plus it kind of makes me keloid or something. IDK, I'm half Asian so I think that tends to happen to us more often.

MemberMember
(@grimz)

Posted : 09/16/2007 12:01 pm

I always pop pimples whenever they come to a head. I pop it, then either use BP or honey on it the whole day, and its normally gone the next day.

MemberMember
(@myacneisevil)

Posted : 07/16/2018 1:55 pm

I pop them every time I see them. It's horrible because my acne gets worse and more obvious. The least thing they could do is pay rent.:@

MemberMember
(@pintador)

Posted : 07/18/2018 12:44 pm

Don't do this ever! It is the most common mistake. I strongly advice you to not do it because it will only worsen the inflammation and cause the acne to spread. If you are ever going to pop a pimple I suggest doing it when the white is very visible or when it has almost fallen out and you can just "scrape" it off with your nail. Of course I will sanitize my hands before doing any of this.

MemberMember
(@meruru)

Posted : 07/18/2018 5:25 pm

Bad but if they're big and angry white heads, like visible from a few feet away, then I disinfect a needle with a lighter, prick it, then take two q-tips and squeeze until the sucker comes out. I do this after a shower and immediately apply my products around the area and get the medication on the popped area and around it ASAP. Or, like above, I just rub it off when it's ready with the medication. They just fall off on their own anyway when I apply the stuff.

If they're tiny then I don't even try.

MemberMember
(@lizzieswellness)

Posted : 05/09/2022 8:49 am

Never pop your pimples!! It gets worse when you do so please avoid popping it.