Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
PWPager08

Wrinkles on regimen

While being on the regimen for a little bit over 4 weeks, I have noticed two defined wrinkles on my face. Since I'm only 17, I'm pretty sure they are not from natural causes. What should I do to help them go away?

You can use Alpha Hydrox Acids. AHAs contribute to collagen and elastin production in the face. Just make sure that you're well adjusted to BP because AHA can irritate your face.

I worked at a cosmetics counter for almost two years and learned quite a bit about aging skin..a persons skin is like an elastic band that keeps getting stretched again and again over x amount of time..so eventually this elastic band will not go back to its original form and become stretched out. And as many skin care commercials we see on tv about how creams will fix the problem, ultimately it can only do so much. Your skin stretches in its bottom layer (your dermis) not your epidermis which is where you're putting aha's, creams, etc. So what is MORE important than creams is the general movement of muscles in your face. I'm not telling you to avoid smiling or looking surprized, but its a proven fact that the effort to minimize these will slow down the aging process dramatically. If you've noticed, girls usually don't age as quickly as guys (forehead wrinkles, etc.) because women make a conscious effort to avoid extreme facial movements. So while you should still take care of your skin with sunscreen, exfoliation and moisture, this tip will work better than any of those. Sorry for the short book here, haha!

I worked at a cosmetics counter for almost two years and learned quite a bit about aging skin..a persons skin is like an elastic band that keeps getting stretched again and again over x amount of time..so eventually this elastic band will not go back to its original form and become stretched out. And as many skin care commercials we see on tv about how creams will fix the problem, ultimately it can only do so much. Your skin stretches in its bottom layer (your dermis) not your epidermis which is where you're putting aha's, creams, etc. So what is MORE important than creams is the general movement of muscles in your face. I'm not telling you to avoid smiling or looking surprized, but its a proven fact that the effort to minimize these will slow down the aging process dramatically. If you've noticed, girls usually don't age as quickly as guys (forehead wrinkles, etc.) because women make a conscious effort to avoid extreme facial movements. So while you should still take care of your skin with sunscreen, exfoliation and moisture, this tip will work better than any of those. Sorry for the short book here, haha!

the regimen seems to tighten my skin around my eyes and i can see fine wrinkles around my eyes after doin the regimen, but its just cause my face isnt used to the BP yet... these are not permanent

most likely what you have are 'fine lines', not true wrinkles. when i was using BP twice a day i had them in the same place (i'm 19). now i use AHA in the morning rather than BP, and the lines have pretty much disappeared. i think they are caused by dryness from BP. using a moisturizer would probably help as well.

Dan talks about wrinkles here: http://www.acne.org/faq.html#wrinkles

You may need to use more moisturizer, and I also like the recommendation someone mentioned about using an AHA product. Something like Neutrogena Healthy Skin Face Lotion. It has 8% glycolic acid and it also has spf and is a moisturizer. So, it does triple duty. ;)