Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
oreo_

accutane watch

okay, so ive tried every topicals out there and all the antibiotics, now its time for me to go on accutane. i have seen 3 different dermatologists and my family doctor, and they all best believe accutane is my best and only option left. Now, my question is, who should i get to prescribe me accutane? my family doctor or a dermatologist. the wait time whenever you go see a dermatologist is ridiculous, at least an hour if not longer, and when the dermatologist sees you, they are in and out of the room in less than one minute, the 3 derms ive seen are all the same, they dont really seem to "care" about you, whereas, my family doctor is a very good people's doctor, he listens to you and takes his time with you, appointments are easily made and the waiting time is very minimal, however, dermatologists are well.. skin doctors so they are more experienced with dealing with accutane whereas im not sure if my family doctor would be the best choice here, like how he would deal with the side effects and such. what do you guys think? im just worried that my family doc wont see something that is wrong with my body from the side effects whereas a derm would quickly spot it out and stop treatment right away or something.

i think u could do either. i mean they both went to medical school... they both know how to prescribe medicines. if you have any worries, your regular dr. can prolly help you out as much as a derm would...

well you could get the family doctor to prescribe the accutane first and then if u feel something its not right with your body or something then u can go back to the dermatologist .

i am probably going for accutane too.:)

yeah, i think ill just get it prescribed by my family doctor, im sick of putting creams on my face, sick of taking pills twice a day with food, sick of having acne, period.

I'd do it w/ the dermatologist. He would have all the forms and would know what he's doing. My doctor thought accutane was banned when I asked him about it.

i use a family dr...

make sure your dr is registered with ipledge... or he cant prescribe it in the US.

you usually get a big Pamphlet with all the possible side effects. you'll definitely know if something is not right with you.

all the dr really does is ask you about side effects and check your blood test are good every month...

goin to the derm is real hassle for me... it 100x easier with my family dr... i took tane in the past... so i kinda know all the issues on tane...

the good thing with a derm though is you can get cortisone shots if you have a bad flare up...

the derm will also be able to answer all your questions that you may have... if its your 1st time, you'll prob have a bunch of questions...

in general, i dont think family dr know to much about tane...