Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Saphire82

Need help with colorstay

I decided to give colorstay a try and see if I could get a really nice look and coverage with it since Ive heard so much about it here (besides EDM). Well I tried it a few times and I need some help with these issues.

-I didnt get much coverage at all, which Im using a foundation brush.

-It really made my dry areas show up, like none other foundation Ive used

-How the heck are you supposed to get it off??!!

-Should I mix it with a little moisturizer so it doesnt dry so fast?

Im thinking of going back to my Almay skin smoothing compact if I cant get the colorstay to work better for me.

Any help? Thanks ;)

I have never had good results with colorstay.... The things u mentioned are exactly what i deal with with it....and not only that... It breaks me out AWFUL! And then it seems to make the acne not heal very fast.... and leaves a nasty scar... My face has been prone to scars awhile, but these are BIG and dark in pigmentation..

I LOVE the coverage i get on my scars; dark pigmentations... but it is not worth the slow healing time for me... It seems to make my problem worse other than better.

But i do use it if I go out - or somewhere where i need to look my best cuz it does conceal well :)

Just my 2 cents

Okay, a foundation brush does not work with colorstay, period. I find that any foundation brush I use "eats" the colorstay up and doesn't blend it in very well at all. I smear it around in one layer with my index finger and then pat it in with a damp non-latex sponge. Pat, do not rub. It gives about medium coverage that way and can be layered up to three times without looking cakey. Work in one area at a time (cheek, nose, forehead, etc) since it dries so quickly. Also, you must use moisturizer liberally under it. It is not an option. Remove it with cold cream and then follow with your normal face wash. :)

Thanks sephora=) Ill have to give it another shot then, what is cold cream? Sounds like vapor rub or cream from your fridge...IDK. Does it take long to do it the way your telling me? I need something that I can just wipe on and blend which is why I might go back to my almay (well I already have but I guess I should say ill be sticking to it)

I used to wear Colorstay when I was younger then switched to something else when I didn't need something so fierce. Before I found EM, I tried Colorstay again and it broke me out like CRAAZY. I think it's the new ingredients (Softflex or something).

I decided to give colorstay a try and see if I could get a really nice look and coverage with it since Ive heard so much about it here (besides EDM). Well I tried it a few times and I need some help with these issues.

-I didnt get much coverage at all, which Im using a foundation brush.

-It really made my dry areas show up, like none other foundation Ive used

-How the heck are you supposed to get it off??!!

-Should I mix it with a little moisturizer so it doesnt dry so fast?

Im thinking of going back to my Almay skin smoothing compact if I cant get the colorstay to work better for me.

Any help? Thanks ;)

Wow MandyAnn thats really good coverage! Are you using the concealer on all the red spots as well or is most of that from the colorstay? Im not sure if the colorstay broke me out but I was getting my zits on my jawline after using it for two days but I know I forgot to wash my face at night (Im really bad at that) so Im not sure which caused it, probably both.

Yeah I definitely use concealer all over my red spots, but colorstay also provides me a lot of coverage. As for the breakouts.... ouch! You definitely gotta wash your face after wearing colorstay for a day.. one time I wore it from one morning all the way to a next morning when I went to a party... and I ended up getting a few new zits :dry: