Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Okay...I know A LOT of people on this site HATE Pro Activ. But do you hate the 3 step system or all the products? I was wondering if I should just get like..the cleanser. It had good reviews on makupalley. So anyways.....if you like any of the Proactive products can you tell me which ones and why you like em?

Thanks! = ]

The cleanser was the worst for me, the repairing lotion the best. I hated the cleanser because it had scrubby bits that ripped up my skin (literally, it ripped open some pimples and then the bits got stuck in some active acne). The benzoyl peroxide in it didn't seem to help my acne at all, either. It also did a number on the towels I used with it, bleaching them way more than any leave-on treatment ever has. The repairing lotion had a nice texture, but I found it hard to get the last 1/3 of it or so out of the bottle, even when I mutilated it with scissors and all. I hope they've changed the bottle design since a couple of years ago, but probably not. The toner was meh, it was just colored water to me, didn't make my skin better or worse.

yeah, proactiv didn't work for me........ using all those medicated products i think were just too much. when i first did dan's regimen, i had left over repair lotion that i used. i actually really liked it, it's just too expensive to use with the regimen.

my honest review of the other products:

scrub - this stuff was just way too harsh. i have dry, sensitive skin, and it always kind of tore at my skin. i tried to "toughen it out" thinking that if it would help my skin get better, i would stick with it, but after finding acne.org, i honestly believe this cleanser was what was keeping me from being clear. it also didn't remove make-up, so i was always using another cleanser in conjunction.

toner - i actually liked this stuff too, but think it's an unnecessary step. it has glycolic acid in it and is not irritating.

repair lotion - like i said before, this is the only product i really liked and would consider using again. :)

oil-free moisturizer - this stuff was just okay. nothing special and not hydrating enough for my dry skin.

refining mask - this stuff was pretty cool, but you know how in the infomericals people say they used it as a spot treatment and the zit basically disappeared overnight? yeah, that never worked for me. i didn't like the sulfur smell, but it did make my skin softer and tightened my pores after use, so i wouldn't say it was all bad. honestly though, this, like the toner, i think is an unnecessary step. i have some left over from over a year ago that i never use.

i hope this helps lala!!! my overall opinion of proactiv is that you can find better products for cheaper elsewhere, but the only one i really wouldn't use again is the scrub. i would never use a scrub cleanser again.

the Renewing Cleanser is a scrub? i guess i didnt catch that when i read about it haha. maybe i should just try the other cleanser i was thinking about.

yeah, it's a scrub. you're supposed to be able to use it daily, but that just didn't work for me. what were you thinking of using instead? the aqua glycolic? i know molly uses that and really likes it. it also got great reviews on mua.

Yeah thats the one. I hope it works. Ive used BHAs before. I have the Paulas Choice one that is 2% and its the gel kind. I used it for like.. almost 2 months and didnt see results. I am thinking about trying it again but using it a lil diff. I have really bad acne on my cheeks that NEVER go away. and its not like whiteheads..they are like reddish and what not. Ive had em for like ever.

i had a really hard time figuring out something that would work for me too. i started off doing dan's regimen, but my skin was way too sensitive for that much bp. then i went off completely and tried the goat's milk regimen. i saw initial improvement, but then i started to break out again.

on a fluke, i started using heavier moisturizer, and saw improvement without topicals. turns out i have really dry skin, and using a lot of these acne products did nothing for me. i'm back on dan's regimen again, but super modified. i use a lot less bp and only do it at night. i'm seeing a lot of improvement!! you'll find something. :D

I recently(about 8 days ago) bought the Proactiv gentle line that uses SA instead of BP. So far, I love all of the products. I even bought the Green tea moisturizer which is just awesome, if you have a kiosk in the mall sample it, it's not greasy and just really leaves your skin looking and feeling nice. I dont have severe acne, I would say mine is very mild, I only have some tiny tiny bumps here and there. If you are looking for something that wont tear up your skin or irritate it I would recommend this line to anyone! The cleanser is very gentle, but you definetly have to be very sparing on the night lotion, when I wake up in the morning my forehead is very greasy. The toner too, I just put a quater size drop in my one hand and dip the cotton ball in that. The key thing with proactiv is... you dont need to over do it with the product....dime size everything, even less for the lotion though. I am very excited about my results thus far, but I want everyone to know that I never had the pustule type acne, so it may not work for that. Good Luck :dance:

I like the Repairing Lotion, and their toner is pretty nice. But Dan's BP works

just as well, without the expense :D

I defenitely didn't like the cleanser, it was grainy, instead beads like a lot of

other cleansers. It was very harsh.

the only thing i liked from ProActive was the refining mask; and i still use it once in a while. but like somebody said earlier it doesnt work overnight. i just like how it dries up the spot if i leave it on while i sleep