Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
CyberStorm

CyberStorm's Oratane Log

Hello to everyone...

I'm 22. Male. Live in South Africa. Have had acne since high-school. Always thought it would start to go away around 18 or 19. Like so many, I was wrong!

After bitching and moaning about acne and the subsequent marks they left behind and many many months of procrastinating I finally dragged my arse to go see a doctor! He prescribed Oratane for 6.5 months.

I got my first month's supply from the pharmacy on the 11th Sept. This is my log.......

CyberStorm's Oratane Log

Visit cyberst0rm's tech blog - You know you want to

On to business:

I was told to take 1x20mg capsule two times a day with meals.

I use EverySun AQUASPORT SUNSCREEN SPF 40+ (Recognised by the Cancer Association of South Africa). This offers a very high protection factor from both UVA/UVB.

DAY 1

Took 1 after breakfast and another after an early supper. Noticed no side-effects

DAY 2

Woke up with a few aches (which is unusual) Was it because of the Oratane??

Took my capsules. Noticed the first signs of dry lips later on in the day. I always carry my trusty Labello for MEN SPF 6+ with me so I was covered. Otherwise, nothing to report!

DAY 3

Today, I woke up well rested. Took my capsule and went off to work! During the day I could feel a dryness in my nose. Eyes were also a little dry, but nothing I couldn't handle.

CyberStorm's Oratane Log

yoyo! Good luck in your treatment, hopefully them pills will send that acne of yours straight down the gutter aye!

BTW, New Zealand are going to win the world cup this year. ;].

AUS are looking slightly better than average. They are over-rated if you ask me especially when you consider they are ranked no. 2 in the world.

The AUS cricket team did lose however in yesterdays Twenty20 World Cup in their Super 6 match against Pakistan :):)

DAY 4

Inside walls of the nose has started to become dry. Have also noticed a mini outbreak of pimples. Also, skin a little dry.

DAY 5

Nose is still dry, muscle aches when I wake up are no more. Outbreak has worsened though. Noticed that my face has become redder than usual. A little concerning, but I have SPF 40+ sunblock to stave off sunburn.

DAY 6

Woke up just fine. Noticed a few more pimples on my face. Forgot to put moisturizer on my face last night, so my skin is a little flaky this morning. Otherwise, no worries! My face is a little redder than yesterday.

DAY 7

Outbreak has halted..somewhat. Still quite a few pimples around my nose and lips. Skin is very dry. Moisturiser has become essential! Inside of nose is also dry, but I've gotten used to that now.

CyberStorm's Oratane Log

DAY 10

My skin is very dry! At work today, it was very flaky. My face looked like it had dandruff on it. Not a pretty sight!

Shaved my beard off. Skin feels hotter than usual. Very sensitive and a little bit red. Applied Nivea for Men Extra Soothing Moisturiser for Sensitive Skin. Will see how it goes from here!

DAY 10

My skin is very dry! At work today, it was very flaky. My face looked like it had dandruff on it. Not a pretty sight!

Shaved my beard off. Skin feels hotter than usual. Very sensitive and a little bit red. Applied Nivea for Men Extra Soothing Moisturiser for Sensitive Skin. Will see how it goes from here!

Boy, its been a rough first month. At the start of week 2, my IB started. My face was a little redder and flaky but I was feeling good.

At the start of week 3, things took a turn for the worst! My face became very itchy and I constantly needed to apply moisturizer. Worse still, the IB worsened along my jaw line, lower part of my cheeks and around my lips and chin area!! Facial redness has gone done a bit! I also noted that the 'burn' my face felt was now gone.

Week 4 started were week three left off. My face is still itchy, but not as much as last week. The most worrying concern at present is the breakout that has worsened still!! New acne seems to sprout daily with no subsiding in sight. This is causing my face to retain some redness that I though I had shed. Will post some pics later this evening.

I must also mention that I have let my facial hair grow for the past two weeks. This is due to the difficulty in shaving with lots of acne on my face. The beard also helps as protection the skin on my face from the sun.

When will this god forsaken outbreak end?

What can I use to alleviate the itcy face?

CyberStorm's Oratane Log

Tonight at 21.00 (South African Standard Time):

Rugby World Cup Semi-Final 2

South Africa VS Argentina

SPRINGBOKS FOR THE WIN..................... :clap:

Its been a while since I updated this log. Its definitely time, but before I do, I must say:

SPRINGBOKS FOREVER.......Well done the the men in green-and-gold that brought that beautiful William Web Ellis trophy to its rightful resting place in the Springbok rugby cabinet!!!

On to the log:

MONTH 2-AND-A-HALF

In the month since I last posted my face has gotten worse - A lot worse in fact.

Another breakout has come on that rivals my IB. There is scarring, redness and blemishes everywhere although concentrated on my cheeks.

We are fast moving towards summer-time in South Africa and my face has gotten redder (again) in the past few weeks although the 'hotness' feeling isn't there anymore!

My face is once again itchy!

It's now been 2 and a half months since I started using Oratane and the results thus far have been less than expected. I guess I just have ti hang in there and see what happens. I have another four months to go!