Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

So my acne is only whiteheads that sort of lie under the skin and then one by one the get inflamed and become this red bump with white stuff on top.

I also have lots of blackheads, really small ones under my skin. Anywho, the pimples are not that problem I have with my skin. The problem I have is my skin complexion, it's just awful. I'm REALLY dry, red, irritated, oily, especially my cheeks.

I'm dry to the point if I give my skin a light pinch I will remove shitloads of skinflakes :S

I'm naturally oily + I'm really dry so it gets extra oily, so what I've found to help me a lot is using moisturizer along with my BP twice a day, and I use a lot of it, I basically cover my face with it and rub it gently until it's totally absorbed.

So my question is, will using a lot of moisturizer give me blackheads/whiteheads? And any other tips to how to treat my skin would be nice.

Your condition is almost definitely Seborrhea/Seborrheic Dermatitis/Acne. Seborrheic dermatitis is causing the flaking, and probably causing your acne to get worse. You should go to a dermatologist and try and get treated for SD, because it is usually easy to treat and when that improves so will your acne.

Your condition sounds like it might just be Seborrheic Dermatitis alone that is making the blackheads worse. It by itself can cause "little whiteheads" and I know that in the place where mine is the worst I also get blackheads (around my nose).

I would not worry about it too much, if you go to a good dermatologist you should be able to improve your SD drastically in a couple of weeks.

Your condition is almost definitely Seborrhea/Seborrheic Dermatitis/Acne. Seborrheic dermatitis is causing the flaking, and probably causing your acne to get worse. You should go to a dermatologist and try and get treated for SD, because it is usually easy to treat and when that improves so will your acne.

Your condition sounds like it might just be Seborrheic Dermatitis alone that is making the blackheads worse. It by itself can cause "little whiteheads" and I know that in the place where mine is the worst I also get blackheads (around my nose).

I would not worry about it too much, if you go to a good dermatologist you should be able to improve your SD drastically in a couple of weeks.

If I have Seborrhic Dermatitis then it would explain a lot actually. I've always felt that my skin is different from others.

"Seborrheic dermatitis is a common, inflammatory skin condition that causes flaky, white to yellowish scales to form on oily areas such as the scalp or inside the ear. It can occur with or without reddened skin."

This matches me, my cheeks and forhead are really oily and there's immense amount of skinflakes there, doesn't matter if I exfoliate or not it's back in a matter of hours.. I always have visible skinflakes, especially on my eyebrows and like I said, a light touch and bam! Skinflakes everywhere.

My due to the oil and dryness my forhead and cheeks are always read and sort of bloated, so my face looks fat, even though I'm a thin guy.

It says it also that you'll have dandruff, which I don't have (or if I have it's very little), but my scalp itches a lot how ever.. I figured it was because I'm on Accutane..

So reading this do you think it's SD?

Edit: The more I read, the more I think it's SD. You've no idea how much it has hurt me being like this, and you possibly might just helped me solve it.

Thank you.

I am pretty confident you have SD. I have not seen what you look like, but from what you are describing it really sounds like it. My scalp never flakes real bad, it just looks really red and itches. It does sometimes flake though.

I have also heard that for some people Accutane makes SD worse, but for others it makes it better.