Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
hobbo

accutane advise(uk users)

starting accutane in next few week,once blood tests come through ok.not sure what dosage yet though!!

whats the best lip balm to use in uk??

best mosturiser??

any other advise??

cheers

starting accutane in next few week,once blood tests come through ok.not sure what dosage yet though!!

whats the best lip balm to use in uk??

best mosturiser??

any other advise??

cheers

Hi, Good luck with the accutane. As for tips, moisturiser - i use Neutrogena simply clear as its oil free, but sometimes i need something better so i use aqueous cream. Lip balm, i bought every lip balm in Boots, but i find the best one is Vaseline - i use the aloe vera one indoors and the one with SPF when i'm outside. Hope that helps.

thanks for that,vaseline is good for lips but very shiny,lads at work will think im wearing lip gloss!!! lol

ill have a look at that moisturiser..

finally got accutane after being on antibiotics for 8 years!! i have mild to moderate acne,so i decided to see a derm and didn't wait for nhs i just went to bupa and saw one and he putting me on accutane. but i actually get an nhs prscription for the drug so it wont cost much..

thanks for that,vaseline is good for lips but very shiny,lads at work will think im wearing lip gloss!!! lol

ill have a look at that moisturiser..

finally got accutane after being on antibiotics for 8 years!! i have mild to moderate acne,so i decided to see a derm and didn't wait for nhs i just went to bupa and saw one and he putting me on accutane. but i actually get an nhs prscription for the drug so it wont cost much..

That's a good point about the vaseline, maybe try regular lypsyl that worked ok for me too and it won't leave your lips all shiny. With the moisturiser i tend to use the aqueous one at night and let it sink in, and the oil free one during the day under make up, but i'm assuming you won't have that problem, haha.

I was on antibiotics for years before i was even referred to a derm. Been on roaccutane for about three months now, just a couple of annoying cysts that don't seem to want to go. But good luck with it. Any more questions just ask, or PM me.

burts bees is the best lipbalm i have found, as for the moisturisers i think its trial and error really btu you will find one that suits your skin