Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
SoCold

Guided Meditation

I believe that 50-60% of my acne is coming from stress (and the remaining percent diet).

Has anyone tried any form of guided meditation? If so what kinds?

Any useful links to some free guided meditation help or audiobooks?

Thanks.

I actually just started meditating last night and it makes u feel emotionally relived, espcially if you live a busy non stop life. I know it helps overall health but im not certain if it will help acne. If done effectively enough to lower your stress horomones in the blood it will probably help acne as well.

I actually just started meditating last night and it makes u feel emotionally relived, espcially if you live a busy non stop life. I know it helps overall health but im not certain if it will help acne. If done effectively enough to lower your stress horomones in the blood it will probably help acne as well.

I'd recommend googling to find a Buddhist or Zen center near you. Often times they have free weekly meditation groups, which can be really helpful when starting a practice.

There's a variety of styles, but I think keeping it simple is a good way to start. Just focus on your breathing. Inhale, and exhale, and count each breath to ten, and then start over. Be aware of the subtle sensation of difference, how air is cool when it is entering the body, and warm on the exhale. From there, in a relaxed state, you can get into more complicated matters, such as the nature of consciousness, visualization, and transcendental meditation. Best of luck.

I'd recommend googling to find a Buddhist or Zen center near you. Often times they have free weekly meditation groups, which can be really helpful when starting a practice.

There's a variety of styles, but I think keeping it simple is a good way to start. Just focus on your breathing. Inhale, and exhale, and count each breath to ten, and then start over. Be aware of the subtle sensation of difference, how air is cool when it is entering the body, and warm on the exhale. From there, in a relaxed state, you can get into more complicated matters, such as the nature of consciousness, visualization, and transcendental meditation. Best of luck.

Last night was my 2nd time meditating ever and i experienced some wild occurances lol. Near the end of the session I felt a eletric type energy in my hands lol, I dunno what it was but it was crazy, it was like i could feel power in my hands. Then after i got done meditating I felt so stress free, it was like it erased all my stressful memories, I was literally high off of life. I was just sitting there for like 20 min looking at my wall smiling LOL. I cant explain how satisfying it is but i know ill continue to do it it every night. It clears the mind, and helps sleep also. A must if u suffer stress, start tonight dont wait lol.

Last night was my 2nd time meditating ever and i experienced some wild occurances lol. Near the end of the session I felt a eletric type energy in my hands lol, I dunno what it was but it was crazy, it was like i could feel power in my hands. Then after i got done meditating I felt so stress free, it was like it erased all my stressful memories, I was literally high off of life. I was just sitting there for like 20 min looking at my wall smiling LOL. I cant explain how satisfying it is but i know ill continue to do it it every night. It clears the mind, and helps sleep also. A must if u suffer stress, start tonight dont wait lol.

lol i dont do drugs, smoke or drink, never have never will. Our bodies constantly have energy running through it, i guess i tapped into another realm that most arent aware of. All i do is sit extremely still, close my eyes and focus on my breathing. Dont think about anything at all, just focus on your breathing. Do this for 15-20 min without letting your mind wander.