Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Iliad

If you hate Proactiv

So, lotsa people on these forums know that Proactiv is a ridiculous company that has hardly helped anyone with acne like ours.

Have you tried PA and know it to be false?

Have you gotten sick of all the celebrity endorsments for an overpriced, over rated product?

Do you hate proactiv? I do. Post it in your sig! just copy paste this into your sig and make a stand! #I hate Proactiv!#

And reply to this thread so we all know. :boogie:

eh, it's not that bad. BP is BP. but i know a few people that use it and it works. i love their refining mask though.

Sure BP is BP, it's just more of the whole multi million dollar money making farce that they use, and all the stupid adevertising and trivializing of the condition.

Jessica Simpson drives me nuts. She just stares vacantly at you from behind the camera, reading her script about how Proactiv saved her skin and rescued her from the treacherous days of having about 3 pimples on her chin. The fact that she was on Accutane never seems to garner a mention in the Proactiv commercial she gets paid 3 million to endorse.

Post it in your sig! just copy paste this into your sig and make a stand! #I hate Proactiv!#

I don't think that's going to bring down any multi-million dollar acne corporations.

no i don't hate proactiv

it is actually helping me

i'm using their SA wash

then their toner

and their BP at night

in the day i apply jojoba oil

i skip on all the salty foods

it seems to be okay

*chagrined*

Okay, okay, fine. Maybe I was being a bit brash and unreasonable. Whatever. Next time I should just turn down the volume to the voices in my head... :crazy2: Still, I kinda like it in my signature...

And thanks Scuby, I like your sig too. *smirk* :sneaky:

scoobydoobydoobydoobydoobydoo!!

Just kidding. but you may wanna fix that. ^^

It didn't work for me and there's a number of reasons why I wouldn't recommend it for other people, but I'm not going to troll against it. It's just one of many options out there to treat acne and one of many that happened not to help me out. It's not like it shot my puppy or anything.

So, lotsa people on these forums know that Proactiv is a ridiculous company that has hardly helped anyone with acne like ours.

Have you gotten sick of all the celebrity endorsments for an overpriced, over rated product?

Do you hate proactiv? I do. Post it in your sig! just copy paste this into your sig and make a stand! #I hate Proactiv!#

*chagrined*

Okay, okay, fine. Maybe I was being a bit brash and unreasonable. Whatever. Next time I should just turn down the volume to the voices in my head... :crazy2: Still, I kinda like it in my signature...

And thanks Scuby, I like your sig too. *smirk* :sneaky:

scoobydoobydoobydoobydoobydoo!!

Just kidding. but you may wanna fix that. ^^

lol.. yeah i hate it too, its so overrated! but i like the sulfur mask though, it helps lol

But then again, i only used to for like 1 month, and noticed my skin becoming worse and i stopped using it immediately =/

But one thing for certain: i agree with Tearless, it smells nice! lol

To be honest, it's the advert's that piss me off the most.

Then again, I also hate clearasil commercials, go figure :doh:

every thing did not work for me except for the masking it is really good i highly recommend,u could really feel the soothing of the mask.If i'm not wrong it contains sulfur.

i hate proactiv, celebrites,... basically all fake people. they make a promise of clear skin for good as long as you use it. the stuff won't clear anyone with the persistant, moderate, or severe types.

also no one on the proactiv infomercials have real acne. they all have such a temporary mild form you could kill it with a drugstore bp in a day or few weeks. (mostly you can't see it :rolleyes:) i also think most of them are over-exaggerating and delude themselves into thinking they have "horrible" skin. everyone on the infomericals are idiots and have their heads stuck up their asses. lol. lets see people with real acne and manage to stay clear not because of accutane. :rolleyes:

i dunno, the BP of theirs is the nicest smelling one out of all the BP's i've ever tried :think:

if my skin doesn't look clean, dammit at least i smell nice!

:redface:

Tearless

God what I would give to take back those months I wasted on proactiv with nothing to show but further acne scarring. Perhaps it does something for people with very very VERY minor acne that's triggered by things like cosmetic irritation, but for people who have real, deep-down, genetic-driven acne, it is worthless.

I throw them all in the same boat...... Proactiv, murad, sephora products, DKR, acne free, urine, egg whites, generic bp.....

my motto is the 1/3 rule...... they totally help 1/3, partially help 1/3, and leave 1/3 stranded with a sense of total failure and sometimes even worsened acne.....

there is no real accountablility...... thats why the commercials are so annoying..... making it seem like this condition is easy to treat....

It's easy if you have very mild non-persistent acne......... the commercials make it seem like that's the case for everyone.....

There really are no complete acne scams........ just lack of accountability for those people who have tougher cases...

I for one certainly do hate proactiv. Before using proactiv, I used to have extremely mild acne. After a month of use, I started breaking out a lot more, and with cysts. Prior to that, I've never ever had a cyst in my life.

Because of proactiv (or so I think) I am now on Roaccutane. :P.