Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
ClareB

Allergic to Benzoil Peroxide

So, I've read through the steps for the Regimen and I think that there is evidence of tremendous success on this board. Here's the trouble. I'm allergic to BP.

I've been doing the Regimen using Salicylic Acid instead of BP with decent results, but I'm thinking that part of this has to do with the fact that I am no longer picking, touching or popping :)

Any other people with experience using SA instead of BP?

ETA: I also have very oily skin and it seems that whenever I use an acne product that I get even more oily. Suggestions on that?

I cannot use either BP or SA. I have higly sensitive skin. BP puts chemical burns on my face. Im using Aqua Glycolic Facial Cleanser and it really is a miracle product

Oh and welcome to acne.org :wavey: I love your hair and your smile :)

Thanks! I love to smile. Happiness is contagious, so why not spread a little around :)

BP causes little red, angry, itchy bumps to sprout up in all the areas it was applied. The weird part is that Neosporin has the same exact effect.

Where can one find Aqua Glycolic Cleanser? Must it be purchased on the Net or can I find it at my local drug store?

Thanks! I love to smile. Happiness is contagious, so why not spread a little around :)

BP causes little red, angry, itchy bumps to sprout up in all the areas it was applied. The weird part is that Neosporin has the same exact effect.

Where can one find Aqua Glycolic Cleanser? Must it be purchased on the Net or can I find it at my local drug store?

Yes smiling next to laughter and chocolate is the best medicine :D

Thats no good. Im sorry they dont work for ya :comfort:

You can find Aqua Glycolic at some Walgreens but I just ordered two of them from amazon for $22 total :) I have sensitive skin and I love it