Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
herbalgirl

scar removal procedures for people on Dan's regimen

Hi ,

So I'm basically clear from Dan's BP (yay!), but I'm quite confused about my "scars". Some of the imperfections look like scars, but some other ones are a bit soft (but my skin is soft in general...) and it looks like they might have puss underneath still, but they won't erupt for months and I have no active inflammations. I'm wondering what if anyone out there who's been cleared on Dan's BP has done fraxel or other scar removal treatment, and whether or not you guys think that it wouold cause a breakout if we have to stop BP on the fraxel treatment (do we have to stop the BP)?

So basically, I know that BP is not a cure, but then when is it appropriate to consider scar removal procedures? I have this uneasy feeling that, since I won't be 100% unless I'm on BP (I'm 95% clear without BP), I'm not "really clear' yet and it might be inappropriate for me to consider e.g. fraxel or soemthing...

Thanks!

You would need to see a Derm anyway for those scar treatments, so you might as well make an appointment and ask if your skin is ready for scar revision treatments. Let the doctor know what you are using to keep your acne under control, and ask if your skin is ready for scar treatments.

Derms usually recommend getting the acne under control first.

I'm going for a peel next month. I'm excited about that. :)

You would need to see a Derm anyway for those scar treatments, so you might as well make an appointment and ask if your skin is ready for scar revision treatments. Let the doctor know what you are using to keep your acne under control, and ask if your skin is ready for scar treatments.

Derms usually recommend getting the acne under control first.

I'm going for a peel next month. I'm excited about that. :)

Hey thanks Brandy =)

So, I'm wondering, do you religiously use Dan's regimen or have you tried to skip a few days to see what would happen? Also, how long have u been completely clear?

I've been on the Regimen for 2 1/2 years now. :) And I never, ever, ever skip an application. ;) I have modified it a bit due to suit my needs. I use the bp during the day, and Green Cream (a retinol cream) at night. I may get a tiny pimple that correlates with my cycle, but otherwise I've been clear a loooooooooong time. :)