Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Last year I was able to enter highschool with a cool group of friends, then I slowly stopped hanging out with them due to my depression with acne. If I had only held on tighter, talked more and been outgoing maybe they would still enjoy my company and I would still be comfortable sitting with them. Now once in a while i'll try but later on i'll just leave in fear of hearing social plans and being left out (usually am. I don't drink alot or do pot anemore) also i've never been much for following...I have many acquaintances but its just not the same. I just feel like im not good enough. physically and mentally. I know some people I can hang out with but I find their friends annoying and I still wouldn't fit in... Im this empty depressed hole. I just feel disgusting still even with less acne I thought this year I would get over that feeling .

:boohoo:

SORRY TO HEAR THAT.i CAN RELATE TOTALLY.I DROPPED OUT OF COLLEGE AND STOPPED HANGING WITH MY MATES.ITS HARD TO TELL THEM WHY I JUS USE SOME LAME EXCUSE.

I am in the same boat and have no idea what to do. Each day gets harder as I am so socially withdrawn. I am on the computer nearly 8 hours a day simply because I have nothing else to do. It is really depressing and I wish I could get myself out of it, alas I can't. Heres to hoping

I can definitely relate, although my case was somewhat different. I didn't so much lose my friends, but these so called friends intentionally lost me :razz:. Not I nice experience I can tell you.

But anyway, I think this gives you ample opportunity to find better ones. People that will stick by you through even the hard times, and not run at the first sight of adversity. Thats what I did; and I haven't looked back. And more importantly, I'm happier.

Ive only just got out of that stage, still a long way to go though.

Thanks to B5 (although its been painfully and frustratingly sloooooow) ive started getting back into social life again, in the past 2 weeks ive seen 3 friends that i hadnt seen for a year. Of course only at night time and with concealer slapped on.

1 week till uni though and im completely shitting it, ill actually have to go out in the daytime!!! Even concealer wont save me now.