Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Stephen must rock

Accutane at 50

I'm sorry to bother you guys but I just wanna know anyone took accutane at a later age say like forties and fifties and does it work as well or will it work against you instead?

I'm asking this question on behalf of my mom. My bro has severe acne is currently on accutane. Hearing that accutane could be the cure to acne problems, my mom is wondering whether she should go on it as well. My mothers is quite mild with ocassional big bumps but she has scarring showing that she suffered from quite bad acne in the past like my bro. She still breakouts out sometimes even though she's already 50.

She did ask the doctor about taking it. The doctor says its fine but she is rather worried because most take accutane at a younger age.

Thanks!

We've had a few people in their 40's who have taken it, but I don't think they're active on the forums anymore.

One man in particular went by the username of PimplesandWrinkles. He had an Accutane log and a post-Accutane log. They're probably still both in the Accutane Logs section if you want to search for them. From what I remember, he didn't have any particular trouble with it besides some heel and joint pain. He stayed very physically active while on it though, a generally healthy man.

I'm sorry to bother you guys but I just wanna know anyone took accutane at a later age say like forties and fifties and does it work as well or will it work against you instead?

I'm asking this question on behalf of my mom. My bro has severe acne is currently on accutane. Hearing that accutane could be the cure to acne problems, my mom is wondering whether she should go on it as well. My mothers is quite mild with ocassional big bumps but she has scarring showing that she suffered from quite bad acne in the past like my bro. She still breakouts out sometimes even though she's already 50.

She did ask the doctor about taking it. The doctor says its fine but she is rather worried because most take accutane at a younger age.

Thanks!

Thanks!

Women its different, there hormones around the time they have a period and when there pregnant and all the other stuff women go threw can trigger acne. I believe(am praying to god)that most blokes will outgrow it by 30 at the very very latest as our oil production has really settled down by then.

Women who perhaps dont have acne during their teens and twentys but then develop it by mid to late 30's can easily be cured with BCP or something like Spiro, there are alot more hormonal treatments available to women that attack acne at the source. In-fact, why are there any women walking around with acne when all they have to do is go on the pill or spiro? Men only really have accutane to use, docs wont prescribe hormonal treatment for male acne.

Thanks!

I started my course just as I was turning 39.

See my signature.

If she is a healthy person and the dr has no concerns, than she should be fine.