Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
El_Nino

My bad journey

Hi guys i've decided to register and post due to those encouraging comments tat u guys have posted.. i guess not many ppl are able to understand the pain im going through other then u guys. im having the worst breakout in my entire life man as your can see from the attachment. im currently 2 weeks into isotretinoin (acnotin).. currently on 20mg.. din c any improvement at all.. other than FLARE UPs.. sigh.. im getting impatient and discouraged although i know 2 weeks a short period only.. as im a self conscious person.. now i feel like hiding myself at home,dun even feel like going to work! omg wat shld i do.

post-63193-1189584383_thumb.jpg

post-63193-1189584383_thumb.jpg

You're asian? ^_^. sweeeeeeeeeeet! asians rule! lol. okay okay anyways. haha..

Your acne looks like it hurts. Uhmmm.... I never heard of ANY of the medicines that you're talking about. Are you talking about ACCUTANE?

I think you should give the stuff you're using for about a month. =).

I personally think retin A micro would be good for you. But that one takes 2 and half months to work. hahaha.. BUT, the results are AMAZING.

You can try buying a zinc cream called Margarite. works well. Or you could just take zinc supplements of 60mg-90mg. There's been numerous studies that show zinc can seriously help with acne. And... I"m currently taking it. It's worked REALLY REALLY REALLY WELL. I don't get any inflammatory pimples, or whiteheads anymore. THE WORST I'll get is a blackhead every now and then... =) SO I would try that..^^

You can maybe find a good mask? And use that once a week. I use a honey mask. ALL NATURAL. You can buy it a grocery store or something. I use GUNTER'S honey.

hmmmmmmmmm..........I guess if you're not seeing a docter, then you should go meet with one and discuss your problems. They would know more stuff than me. lol.

ANYWAYS, just give the stuff you're using a bit more time. But seriously, after 2 months, and it's still the same, TOSS IT! Don't wait for it do magically do something... =).

GOOD LUCK! <3

i guess ur asian as well rite? haha... y r u so excited? yeaaaa it hurts.. both mentally n physically.. oh my god.. lots of them are cystic and so resistant.. damn. what im taking now are prescribed by my doc.. i have taken courses of anitbiotics but to no avail.. therefore my doc recommend me this.. sort of like accutane.. the content (isotretinoin) is the same as accutane. yea really hope it works well for me.. betta not wait till 1 month later then can c the effect, thou everyday i woke up n see the same result.. disappointed. well thanks much for ur advice. im not quite sure abt the zinc supplement ur talking about.. is it sort of like pills like vit A all tis? are u one of the sufferer as well? :rolleyes:

haha.. I'm HALF asian (korean). But I look white..so... i'm not that special. lol I'm excited cause asian guys are cute. =)

Well.........ask your docter about RETIN A MICRO, or DIFFERIN. they work reeeeeeeaaaaaaaaaallllllllyyyyyyy well. my friend had bad acne (used acutane 2 times) and retin A micro helped her. And, I used it,..... helped a lot.

Yea.. zinc is a pill. Like you can take pills for vitamin A, B, C, D,....?? THey have one for zinc. ^_^.

I'm a sufferer of acne, but I don't have it that bad. But I have like...9 friends who have SEVERE SEVERE SEVERE SEVERE acne. lol.

hmmm.... no problem! I love supporting people. xD

okay.. well... you can e-mail me if you want. or if you have any more questions. I'm going to bed. I have school tomorrow!!! *frick!* lol

<3 bye duuuude

Hi guys i've decided to register and post due to those encouraging comments tat u guys have posted.. i guess not many ppl are able to understand the pain im going through other then u guys. im having the worst breakout in my entire life man as your can see from the attachment. im currently 2 weeks into isotretinoin (acnotin).. currently on 20mg.. din c any improvement at all.. other than FLARE UPs.. sigh.. im getting impatient and discouraged although i know 2 weeks a short period only.. as im a self conscious person.. now i feel like hiding myself at home,dun even feel like going to work! omg wat shld i do.

Expect no results until at least close to the end of your course. I know it's discouraging but you just have to be patient. In fact some people don't clear up until after taking their entire dose!

Expect no results until at least close to the end of your course. I know it's discouraging but you just have to be patient. In fact some people don't clear up until after taking their entire dose!

omg.. until close to end of course?! Im gonna faint.. n hide at home for this entire course. I just hope it gets better everyday.. at least not like now... feel like monster myself. :wall:

Hey El Nino -

Do not be discouraged! Acne can be so frustrating but you will beat it! I don't know if you want to try something new since you just started your regime, but my doc recommended Kiss My Face products (cheesy name, I know). She developed severe cystic acne when she was 30, started using KMF, and it cleared up. Pretty sweet. I started using it 3 1/2 weeks ago and I am happy with the results. I only have 2 active pimples right now and my red marks are fading.

Here's my daily routine:

Morning:

Kiss My Face Clean for a Day wash

Wait 5 minutes

KMF UnderAge lotion

KMF BreakOut Acne Gel (this stuff is GREAT. It has tea tree oil and witch hazel and mint)

Throughout the day:

Spot treat any pimples with 100% pure tea tree oil

Zeno any larger pimples

Drink 8 glasses of water and avoid milk & soda

Night:

Kiss My Face Clean for a Day wash

Wait 5 minutes

KMF UnderAge lotion

KMF BreakOut Acne Gel

Spot treat any pimples with 100% pure tea tree oil

Zeno any larger pimples

100mg minocycline

If you go to the KMF web site, you can enter where you live and it will tell you where KMF products are sold. GOOD LUCK and do not lose heart!

hey thanks for ur words.. actually its easier said than done for me.. kinda low self esteem now.. dun dare to go out.. hmm as for the KMF products sad to say my country do not have it... was it really tat gd? cos my cystic acne is quite resistant... n lots of it too! :confused:

Hey, just wanted to add that everyone goes through something difficult in life. What would be the point of life if you are always happy and there isn't a challenge to make it interesting and worthwhile? Trust me, once the acne goes (which I'm sure it will eventually), you will become much more mature and appreciate the difficulty you just went through. Life will be a breeze after that and hard times will seem easier as you will be much stronger

Anyhow, good luck! Try your best not to pop

Also, one more thing. Check that you are not allergic to anything that you put on your face. Because you acne seems to be very localized there might be chance that something you're using is causing it. Just a heads up

hmm.. wat u said is true oso.. but one can never be satisfied wth wat he has.. especially me who's so self conscious.. but thanks anyway..

hmm wat do u mean by my acne is localized? can elaborate?

I understand the feeling of not wanting to go out. I have definitely been there and it sucks. I would still see your friends if possible, though, because they could really cheer you up! When I'm depressed or self-conscious I do not want to see anybody, but then I feel more depressed because all my friends are hanging out and I'm not. I know it's hard, though.

And KMF is working for me and it worked for my doctor, but everyone is different. What works great for me and her might not work for someone else. I agree with the posting above, though. Your acne seems really localized on your cheek. Maybe something you're applying is making it worse?

Hang in there - it is so hard now, but you will make it through! :)

I understand the feeling of not wanting to go out. I have definitely been there and it sucks. I would still see your friends if possible, though, because they could really cheer you up! When I'm depressed or self-conscious I do not want to see anybody, but then I feel more depressed because all my friends are hanging out and I'm not. I know it's hard, though.

And KMF is working for me and it worked for my doctor, but everyone is different. What works great for me and her might not work for someone else. I agree with the posting above, though. Your acne seems really localized on your cheek. Maybe something you're applying is making it worse?

Hang in there - it is so hard now, but you will make it through! :)

hey thanks for those encouraging words.. hmm some of my frens do know my condition but yet to seen it.. the reason i wana stay home is because of people out there and not my frens.. i dun feel comfortable if they happened to look at my face or something..

Maybe its this picture ur might think my acne is localized.. infact it stretched from my cheeks down until the neck.. on both side of my face as well..

hmm.. wat u said is true oso.. but one can never be satisfied wth wat he has.. especially me who's so self conscious.. but thanks anyway..

hmm wat do u mean by my acne is localized? can elaborate?

Hey again. From the pic it looks like you only have acne around the cheek area and other places seem to be fine. Do you use any topicals or other such things on the area? Did you get acne all of a sudden or did it appear slowly?

One last suggestion... if you can try to get one of those food sensitivity tests at a local doctor that specializes in that. That way you can also be sure you're not allergic to any foods you might be eating.

hey thanks huh.. haha.. i juz cant get the idea out of my mind.. i kept thinking tat people look at me cos of my acne condition.. and im quite sure im not wrong.. cos its diff kinda look compared to before. well i shld say it starts coming bit y bit.. but at a fast pace.. maybe initially i di really to go n bother it cos sometimes i do get pimples n got used to it.. din know tat it all came to fast and so become like tis..

my acne spreads from cheek down to neck on both side of face.. do u think its stil localized?

I guess by localized I mean it's not all over your face, just in those specific areas. So if you were using a certain product in just those areas when your face started breaking out, maybe that contributed to the problem. Just a thought :)

And I agree with Wirebound - you are a very good-looking guy! Acne is never as noticeable as you think it is.

hey thanks huh.. haha.. i juz cant get the idea out of my mind.. i kept thinking tat people look at me cos of my acne condition.. and im quite sure im not wrong.. cos its diff kinda look compared to before. well i shld say it starts coming bit y bit.. but at a fast pace.. maybe initially i di really to go n bother it cos sometimes i do get pimples n got used to it.. din know tat it all came to fast and so become like tis..

my acne spreads from cheek down to neck on both side of face.. do u think its stil localized?

Hi, let me be the first to say I wish the acne condition would just go away :wall:

I agree with the other people who posted here. It's hard to believe it when you're looking at yourself in the mirror every day, but acne CAN be overlooked. Acne doesn't define a person.

A few things I think that need to be pointed out (you might already be aware of this):

Depression is a known side effect of isotretinoin. I know it's easier said than done, but you have to keep it from bothering you, in a few months everything will be fine!

While you are on isotretinoin, it is common to have a huge initial breakout. Sometimes the initial dosage is lowered specifically to prevent such an initial breakout, but it may still happen anyways. So, don't give up on the treatment 2 weeks in... it will take awhile before the results become positive, but isotretinoin WILL eventually work.

Also, you never mentioned if you had a routine or if you use(d) any topical antibiotics, etc. It could be relevant.

Never give up,

-Me

i guess its not cause by any topical cream or antibiotics.. cos i din use them before tis breakout..

hmm intially was on 20gm/day but recently juz upped dosage to 40gm, as the doc say wont cause bigger flareup.. juz more on the side effects... although he said its up to my preference on the dosage, its ok to stay at 20gm oso. really hope no more flare up for me.. and start to do the healing for me.. anyway.. i notice the affected area become redder, is it part of the effect of isotretinoin? now my both side of face are 2 red patches. :confused:

;) Hi- This is the first time I've ever been on this site and I read your message and just wanted to hopefully somewhat lift your spirit a bit. I too had/have cystic acne ( I am now 41 years old-2 small children and my skin was pretty good for like ages 32-40 and then BAM! They're back! I'm devasted! Just wanted you to know that all through school and life I have always been self conscious and I had to ALWAYS play up this awesome personality. (Which you know-it's the last thing you feel is happy, but I'd put on the face) Real people and real friends really will see you for you and like or love you for you!!! So, we know this hand we were dealt is NOT fair. But I guess it is what it is and YOU will make it through! I am actually seeing derm and plastic surgeon-so now it's just a waiting game. Had an injection today and waiting for swelling to go down. Good luck to you! I will add you to my prayers tonight. Please try to smile! I know I always look better when I do.!

thanks guys.. really thanks for all the encouragement.. while i gotta face it. Frankly speaking, now when im out i do really try to hide my face.. really feel uncomfortable having eyes on my face. I have some question to u all, is it true that taking oily or fried food often causes acne? do u all still take those foods even when there's breakout?

You're really good looking - that's the first thing I noticed. The second thing I noticed (because I was looking for it due to your post) was your IB and an IB is what you're having. In a month or so it'll be muchmuch better. Plough through it dear.