Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
bradly

Weird: After 5 months.. acne is back?

So I began accutane with moderate pustule (whitehead) acne.

Within a month I was 75% clear.

After 2 months: 90%

3 Months: 100% clear.

Now, just before I enter my last month of accutane, my skin is almost back to normal.

I haven't changed any life habits, anything diet related, no major stress changes, and it can't be an I.B. from the medication because I am using the same dosage and brand as I was when I was clear.

Also: My skin tends to look red and blushy even though I have fairly tan skin.

Any ideas, advice, insight?

Thanks in advance,

Bradly

So I began accutane with moderate pustule (whitehead) acne.

Within a month I was 75% clear.

After 2 months: 90%

3 Months: 100% clear.

Now, just before I enter my last month of accutane, my skin is almost back to normal.

I haven't changed any life habits, anything diet related, no major stress changes, and it can't be an I.B. from the medication because I am using the same dosage and brand as I was when I was clear.

Also: My skin tends to look red and blushy even though I have fairly tan skin.

Any ideas, advice, insight?

Thanks in advance,

Bradly

well, i dont have any advise for for because im pretty much in the same case. for me the 1st month i broke out, 2nd month started seeing improvements, 3rd got better, 4th started braking out again, and im at 4 1/2 months right now and not doing so well. and my derm said id only be on accutane for 5 months. so i hope that has gave you some hope because your not the only one, i feel your pain, and hope we both get better. good luck.

i finished a 5 or 6 month course on dec 15 of last year and i started breaking out again after uh 6 months... i am contemplating a second course but i experienced bone pain (sore knee) while on accutane so im wary to get back on it...