Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
KatyLady

Double Dose

Guest AcneProne_1977

Keeping my fingers crossed that you don't get a stress-breakout! :)

I also notice the dry eyes and blurry vision, but no night vision issues as of yet. But you're on double the dose that I am, so it's probably that much more annoying to you! :(

Funny, my lips LOOK fine too, but they certainly don't feel fine. I'm happy that people can't see anything, that would be worse!

YAY for eviction...stand your ground, girl!! LOL

I think it may be a good idea to lower your dose... you'll have lessened side effects and it won't be as annoying.

Tippy is soooooooooooooo cute and funny!!

Day 31!!! !! One Month Down !! :dance:

Sorry for not posting as much! I have been CRAZY busy! Yesterday was my 22nd birthday which was sooooo much fun! :dance: The night before I went out to dinner with a group of my friends, then out to the bar where I sipped on a lovely Dr. Pepper and a Shirley Temple. Yay. Haha! Jamie baked me cupcakes and a cake and spoiled me with gifts and love! He is very sweet! Then after classes were out, we drove home to see our families and eat at my favorite dinner spot because we are on fall break! No classes until Monday! Yay!! It was the best birthday ever! :D

My face... another story. I took my 60th pill last night!!! :dance: I was so happy and I CANNOT believe I have been on this for ONE MONTH! I honestly thought I wouldn't make it to day 10 it seemed to go so slow, then it zoomed by! I have my appointment today and I'm so glad because I hopefully will not have to miss any days being off of Accutane. I have had a few breakouts - nothing too bad. Currently have two actives with a ton of spots that are healing. I've also been getting really dry itchy skin. :wall: I hate it! The vision is really weird. It will be blurry one day and fine the next few. My face is still really red. I've been getting hang nails :confused: much more also - which is really annoying! The only thing that is about to drive me insane is the back aches and the dry lips. I think I've been having spasms in my upper/middle back. Usually it's my lower back, but I was miserable yesterday! Then again we were in the car for two hours... My lips are making me miserable. They are so dry if I don't CONSTANTLY have something smothering them. They get really cracked and one evening I smiled and they split and bled. It was horrible. :sick: In good news: My blackheads have seemed to disapear without my notice! I just quit caring about it and they were just gone! ;) I guess I intimidated them enough... I have my appointment with my dermatologist at 2:30 this afternoon, and I will update later this evening about that visit. Will ask about lowering my doseage so that I can have fewer side effects. Wish me luck!

Anyway, I'm off to enjoy my free day of no classes! Take Jamie out to lunch and do a little shopping now that I'm in KC!! I just HAVE to go to the theatre and see a movie. Just have to! Playing with Tippy who only wants to bite chew and bark. Very cute. Has eaten shoe strings, and is losing SEVERAL teeth! Will post pictures later, but for now I am off to relax!

60 pills down... 240 to go!

Happy Birthday katy !! :) Sounds like you had a great day.

I can't believe we've done a month already , it has gone so quickly !! I just picked up my second month dose today!! So far its going so well, a few side effects but i try not to focus on them, but being so busy lately has really helped !

My fingers have been peeling too!

And i'll join you on the lips, i yawned in bed and i felt it split on my left side of my mouth , it was horrible !! So i've been putting my aquaphor all around my mouth, i look like i've been dribbling !! :)

xx

Hey, sounds like things are going really well with your treatment. I read your whole log today because I was on 40mg and my docter bumped me up to 80mg this month (I weigh 129 pounds). I saw that 80mg is what you started on, so I was curious how your treatment is going. Sounds like things are going pretty well and that you are already seeing results. I am hoping that 80mg gives me a little more healing and less breakout. So far accutane hasn't been too bad. I'm 32 days in already!! I remember we started treatment around the same time. Can't wait till the end. How many months are you going to be on it??

Day 31 continued... :wall:

Special Report: Will be off of Accutane for 7 days.

Hoooookay. So the update I totally have put off (sorry! :( ): The day after my birthday was tragic. I went to see my derm and she was awful! Last Monday, I went to the school health center where I did my one month labs - had my blood taken, and a UA (urine analysis) which also included the monthly pregnancy test. I made sure that I would be prepared for my appointment so there wouldn't be any hangups about the meds. However leave it to Accutane to never go smoothly or as planned. My derm is so unclear about everything. Apparently I was to have my prego test THE DAY OF my appointment which of course I didn't do because I didn't know I needed to that day. Then I guess the student health center messed up my labs and did the two week report and not the one month labs. My Dr. slammed my health center, and was totally rude with me and accused me of not attending my 2 weeks labs two weeks ago! :rolleyes: I almost jumped off of the table in the room after I told her 3 times that I did in fact go to that appointment and that I had the lab results. My health center faxed them and the Dr. "never got them". Sooo annoying. I know this all sounds so confusing - believe me! So long story short she she sent me off to the lab to be poked and prodded for the second time in one week like a little rat. Ugh. :wall:

Anyway, I asked her if she felt that I was on too high of a dosage - which annoyed her that I doubted her "calculations". (Snotty) Eventually I talked her down to 60mg a day instead of 80 which she felt was an "unneccessary" change. We discussed my vision problems, and she recommended that I stay off of the drug for 7 days, and she prescribed me the most horrible thing ever. Ointment for my eyes! I HATE it! I have to put a "ribbon" of ointment that has the consistency of petroleum jelly in my eyes. :sick: I couldn't see for like two hours. :blink: I do give her credit though - she worked really hard to help me with the eye issue. (But she's still a snot!)

So I finally picked up my new 90pills prescription of Clavaris today. I was on Amnesteem and the pills are different which bummed me out because these new ones look like extra long brown Good and Plenty candies. Ugh. And the picture of the DO NOT GET PREGNANT lady is HUGE! Random Secret: My new guilty pleasure is to place the tabs in random places in public where I know unsuspecting people will find them and be very concerned. For example the computer lab at the school is a big favorite. Can you imagine what people must think when they see them? I will begin taking my pills on Friday. So until then I am off which bums me out! I was on such a roll! My face has been SUPER red - even the blemish marks which nearly makes me cry. If I'm running around, laughing, or nervous I look like a fire engine! :redface: If I'm outside for a few minutes my face will get really red. It's awful! My face is starting to get really dry and flaky. I assume it's due to the weather as Jamie's is also changing at the same time. I have been putting loads of lotion on. I've noticed that the insides of my ears are getting flaky too :sick: - how gross and weird is that!? My hands and arms are getting really dry and itchy. I have been applying tons and tons of goo on my lips. If I go an hour without something they are so sore and if I open my mouth, my lips will split open and bleed! :sick: On Friday of last week, they were soooo badly chapped, and I peeled part of it off - except it wasn't part. My entire bottom lip peeled off (not joking), and my lips were exposed raw skin. I thought I was going to die. Literally - it was so painful. The weird thing is they look totally fine if I keep them hydrated, so I look like a nut when I complain about them! My new favorite junk to put on them is Petroleum Jelly with Lavender and Chamomile - very soothing and inexpensive!! I didn't have time to go by a Whole Foods but thanks for the recommendation Juls!!

Other than that things are going pretty well! My birthday was GREAT! :dance: Thanks for all the birthday wishes! You all are too kind! Remember that exam I took on a Saturday morning in September? Well I passed! I am now admitted into the Teacher Ed program!! I'm soo excited! I also have an initiation ceremony into an honor society Sunday! :nag: Brag Brag Brag! But I'm soo pleased with myself! Now, I am off to study for a BIG test that I have tomorrow - which I should have been doing now, but I couldn't stand not updating another day!! I am adding tons of new pics, because I forgot to update my monthly pics!!

Day 35: Left Side (eww! You can see the ointment around my eyes and in lashes. GROSS!)

Day 35: Right Side

Day 35: NO MORE BLACKHEADS ON NOSE!!! just large pores... :(

*Remember that flash is really bright! Redness is not shown! Sorry!

My Kind of Fall Break!

Still 60 pills down... 240 to go!!

Your log is wonderful. I laughed outloud at you leaving the tabs for random people to find them, that's awesome. I start Accutane tomorrow (fingers crossed that the pharmacy has it). I find it very encouraging that you have no blackheads on your nose, it's been years since I've seen my nose without them.

Guest AcneProne_1977

OMG - I love how Tippy's paw is sticking out under the blanket - sooooo cute!

Your skin is looking great, enjoy it!! :)

Guest AcneProne_1977

That's weird... I keep getting emails that you've posted a reply to your log and the email has the content of your post, but when I click on the link to bring me here, nothing shows up. :(

I know! It's sooo lame! It wouldn't let me post for like two days! Every time I post it shows nothing! So I've been deleting and adding and replying, etc. I'll be lucky if this shows. Sorry guys!

Day 32 (from October 19)

I finally got back on Tane Friday October 19th. Now on Claravis taking two 20mg pills in the morning, and one 20mg pill at night for a total of 60mg a day.

You wanna check on swapping brands I heard it's a bad thing to do once you are on one. Just to be safe.

Day 41

I'm really excited about being nearly 6.5 weeks in to Accutane! :dance: It's going quickly!! Jamie is over half way to his completion and I'm sooo thrilled for him!! He looks as HOT as ever and his skin is sooo clear! :clap: I am still having headaches which are painful and annoying. My vision has improved however. My eyes are really sensitive to light, :blink: but they always have been so I'm assuming that the medicine has increased that problem. I did in fact jinx that little comment about "not having any blemishes for so long" too soon. :doh: Two days before the wedding I was in this weekend I noticed a beautiful blemish introducing itself to my cheek. :eh: I left it alone until the morning of the wedding, when it became a lovely active, and I was forced to "take care of it". I simply put a hot wash cloth over it to bring it to surface and gently "resolved the issue". I couldn't look heinous for the bride!! Anyway to my surprise: I really could have cared less about the blemish. How can I be upset over ONE blemish when I'm use to having a ton!?!? I'm really pleased that I didn't get all huffy over it as I normally would. I have never seen my skin this clear. EVER! There are no little bumps and overall my skin tone is unbelievable!! My results are incredible!!

Yesterday morning, I woke up to a miserable cramp in my calf. Felt faint after. Also, after walking around in heels all day and dancing all night, I am extremely sore today. Unfortunately the chest pains are back again. I feel as though I started Accutane all over again just from being off of it for a week. My face has been getting really red :redface: when I get nervous/anxious/warm. I also confess :nag: : Have not been drinking much water. :naughty: I believe that is the root to most of my problems. Would probably alleviate the tension in my head, less cramps, as well as help my skin look better!!!

Rehersal Dinner Jamie and I looking incredible and clear thanks to Accutane!!

Will catch up on pill count ASAP!

Guest AcneProne_1977

Hey Katy,

Glad you're finally able to post!! (That must have been SO annoying.)

You and Jamie look amazing in that photo...I LOVE YOUR DRESS!!!! Your skin is glowing - both of you. :)

Did you watch Desp. Housewives last night... it was soooo good!

Hope your headaches go away soon...

Robyn

Hey Katy,

your blog is so funny and inspirational. Your face looks great. I just went on tane this last Friday been on it for just 5 days now and i am experiencing some of the same problems you have. It's weird because I've had headaches since i was young and migraines so I'm not sure if it's just the normal headaches or tane caused ones. I am being paranoid, my joints hurt and my eyes are really dry so I try to use clear eyes sort of helps moisturize them at times.

Are you on 60mg right now? It's so weird my derm started me at 3x30mg - 90 a day which i guess it's pretty high from what I've read on these blogs here. I hope i don't die anytime soon hehe (i'm exaggerating :liar: ). Keep us updated & good luck!

Day 47!!! 31% completed!!!

Really nothing new with my skin. But because it's my 50th day I thought I should post! My skin is CLEAR CLEAR CLEAR- Not 1 blemish!!!! Two biggest concerns: REDNESS :redface:and red marks. If I am nervous/in a hurry/upset, my face gets extremely flushed. It looks like I am wearing a facial mask that is red. :ninja: Around my eyes/mouth remains normal skin color, but the rest of my face is HOT HOT HOT! ...ridiculous... My :wall: headaches come and go - at least they are not as constant as they were. My eyes are MUCH better, less irritated/blurry- I believe it is due to my lowered dose. My face is not dry nor oily. Have gone to bed two or three times without washing in fear of drying out - which feels terribly gross but have suffered no consequences! Jamie had a HUGE Halloween (my fave holiday! :dance: yay!!) party on Wednesday. Was in heels for 5 hours - for next 3 days my entire body ached. Miserable (cute) shoes. :shifty:

Thank you for your compliments Robyn and Sarah!! So sweet! Desperate Housewives was INCREDIBLE! Cannot wait until Sunday for the Halloween episode! Thank you also PiphiStar for your compliments! You are not being paranoid! ;)The symptoms come and they come quick! I am on 60mg right now - I was on 80mg. I asked to be lowered because I was having blurry vision and really bad aches in my back. My doc assured me that was not too high however I requested to be taken down to 60mgs. Just be mindful of your symptoms and if they worsen ask your derm if you can lower yours as well. Keep in touch! Good luck on your journey!!

Jamie took me on a date last night to see the movie :popcorn:American Gangster which was really good! He feels rotten so I am off to tend and care for him for the entire day. :comfort:

Jamie and I - Halloween 2007 (He was Borat and I was an Army girl.)

Jamie as Borat

Funniest Picture

New count: 47 days down... 103 days to go! 31% completed

Day 57 38% completed!!

Today is my 57th day. (Would be my 58th but I FORGOT :doh: to take my doses yesterday! Sooo mad at myself!) What's one more day at this point huh?

I saw my derm yesterday and she was really impressed with my improvement, and the smoothness of my skin. She could not believe it when I said that I had only had ONE blemish in nearly 4 weeks. :nag: However, she was really concerned about the redness of my face. :redface: It really bummed me out. She took one (down the nose over the glasses) look at me and said, "WOW! You're really red!" Which was mortifying thus I'm sure I flushed every shade of red. I asked her whether or not she felt it would be a permanent issue and her response was that it could be. That I would need to make a decision of whether or not I wanted to worry about acne or rosacea. G R E A T. She said that some people get really red on the medicine - that perhaps my blood vessels are closer to the skin in my face and I have a tendency to be more red than others. She said that if the capillaries are dilated for too long though, that it could result in permanent redness. Anyway I left in tears :cry: freaked out that now I would either have blemishes or redness. All my focus and work on Accutane felt worthless. Then she called me back after talking to another Dr. and he said that in 30 years he sees a lot of people get red, and that it typically goes away once medicine is stopped. If the redness does not go away immediately after treatment, than it could possibly take 6-12 months. In his practice he has found it to very rare for someone to have permanent redness. So I felt better - then she casually threw, "...there are laser treatments that you can always do to reduce the appearance of redness. It's only $450 per treatment..." into the conversation. Right. :rolleyes:

Anyway - other than the (annoying) redness, everything else is going really well. My eyes are pretty bloodshot and red, but right now it kind of goes with the theme... My body is becoming color coordinated and I'm not impressed. :unsure: Lips are dry but I just have to keep GOBS of Aquaphor on them and it does the trick until they need more. Hope all is going well in every one's treatments! The end of the semester is winding down which brings on TONS of stress. Trying to complete all of my school work ASAP!! Enjoy the upcoming Thanksgiving holiday (break if your lucky)!! I know I will for sure! Heaps of mashed potatoes for me!!

xoxo

57 days down... 93 days to go!

Day 67 44% Completed!

Five more days until I have completed 50% of my Accutane journey!! I cannot believe it! So far things are pretty much the same. I DID in fact have one blemish which drove me crazy so I messed with it :naughty: - like a total idiot. :boohoo:

Anyway - it was a small spot near the corner of my mouth for over a month and apparently my derm says it was a blemish that was just waiting to spring up! :rolleyes: Just in time for the holidays. My face is still really red :redface: , and it's been getting dry flakey spots around my mouth/cheeks. I've also noticed these dry patches on my upper arms - have been using Aquaphor to help moisturize!!! My eyes have been really "cloudy" looking - mostly red and bloodshot for the last month. Probably the most annoying side effect besides the redness, has to be the dry lips. I cannot put on enough Aquaphor to keep them moisturized. They are cracked looking, dry, flakey, and super sensitive. If I get a bit of the flakey parts off, they bleed, and it is the most painful raw feeling!! Hate it!! :cry:

Otherwise things are great. Enjoyed the holiday!! Jamie and I celebrated Kansas City's 78th Annual Country Club Plaza Lighting Ceremony on Thanksgiving evening. Every year we go down to see the lights and get hot cocoa and walk around. This year it was 20 degrees so it was miserable and we didn't stay long. It's been snowing here all morning!!

Hope all is well with everyone, and progress is great!! I will take pics in a moment and upload them! xoxo :D

67 days down... 83 to go!! 44% complete!

hiya!

Just read your entire log! Good stuff : )

Anyway I wanted to ask you about your headaches... see im only on day four and on the morning of day 3 I woke up with an awful headache. It felt like "presure" was being put on my head. I took a tylenol and it took care of it...but it returned later that night so I took another tylenol.

This morning I woke up feeling fine...but my question was if your headaches felt like mine did yesterday. The "presure" or what not.

thanks

I love your writing!

Day 75 50% Complete!

HALF WAY POINT! :dance:

Things are the same. I guess it's sort of a good thing that I don't have too much to say (complain about...). My redness is still annoying me. :redface: My friends all say, "What redness? :liar: You can't even tell!" But strangers say, "Why is your face so red? Are you hot? Have you been out in the sun all day?" or my least favorite "Are you having hot flashes? Hahahaha!" - like that's funny. :rolleyes: I love my friends, but I trust the strangers on this one. The biggest complaint I have is my scalp itches terribly. I try not to itch it but it is so irritated!!! My eyes are also still irritated. Really red most of the time, and itchy. Feel very dry.

So I took pics of my face from my last post (Day 70) and forgot to post them so here goes: Day 70: Face (cut above lip is from a Tippy bite...)

Day 70: Left Side

I would appreciate it if anyone would kindly acknowledge the redness and let me know if they are having the same type of inflammation? Thanks for the compliments Odaniv Good luck to you all!!

Jamie and I on Thanksgiving on the Country Club Plaza in KC

Tippy's Halloween Costume

75 days down... 75 to go!!

Guest AcneProne_1977

Your face DOES look red, but not bad at all. When I finish a workout at the gym, I look like a tomato. A sweaty tomato, actually. LOL!

Tippy's halloween costume was soooo cute!!

Your skin is looking great, so happy that you're more than 50% done with your course. YAY!!!

Wow, your skin has really improved. I'm sure you are so happy about that!! I don't think the redness is bad. My skin gets real red too sometimes (after I get out of the shower, apply moisturizer, and then sometimes for no reason at all). My blemishes are still coming so I continue to wear makeup and I think that is why I don't notice it as much. I would just watch it, but dont worry. It is a very common side effect while on the medicine.

Take care and good luck with the last half of treatment!