Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
HOLLYMH84

Blood pimple?

I have had a few zits that I popped (I know bad) and they have bled a lot more than normal. Now, on my left cheek I have what looks like blood trapped under my skin. There is not a new bump on top of it - it just looks like it is there. This has been like over a month now. What can I do? And what is this? I feel like I need to break the skin to get the blood out of it. Has anyone ever had this happen? Or know what to do about it now?

I have had a few zits that I popped (I know bad) and they have bled a lot more than normal. Now, on my left cheek I have what looks like blood trapped under my skin. There is not a new bump on top of it - it just looks like it is there. This has been like over a month now. What can I do? And what is this? I feel like I need to break the skin to get the blood out of it. Has anyone ever had this happen? Or know what to do about it now?

I have had this happen several times before. In my case, the blood trapped under the skin looked very dark, almost like a black spot.

What I did was I sterilized a needle, took a long hot shower, and then poked myself in the darkest area I could see. I then drained all of the blood out, mostly by gently squeezing the area and mopping up with a tissue. Then I put some neosporin on. Usually this would take care of 99% of the problem.

I only did this when the underlying, initial acne was totally gone, i.e. no more inflammation, no raised surface, etc.

omg I hate those kind of pimples. I have two of them now that have been there for going on two months. I honestly dont know what to do about it either. Icing hasnt helped and going to a derm isnt an option as my derm is twenty five minutes away from where I live driving distance, I dont drive, and my parents are refusing to drive me to my derm.

Go see a dermatologist, I would not try and pop or squeeze anything that looks like it can be squeezed or popped...you could end up making scars or really deep scars

I had a couple of these a long time ago. I know exactly what you are talking about. Mine took forever to go away. I honestly don't remember what I did to them - probably tried squeezing the blood out, but given how long they'd stick around, I am guessing that didn't work. You might try going to a doctor to get it drained. If there is any inflamation, icing it might help as well.