Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

i was just wondering what types of guys like which types of girls ?

so if your a skater would you prefer a chick who is also a skater or a more of a preppy girl?

just say what "social group" you are close to and what type of girl/guy you prefer...

Similarities attract, but then again, so do opposites.

All depends on the individual. ;)

As for the second part of your question, as Siouxsie has stated.. I'm an adult so I do not label myself like that..

(Geek metalhead :P)

Are you in high school? Once you are an adult you don't tend to define yourself with terms like that...

I like guys with whom I share common interests, but the guys who like me often have little in common with me. :shrug:

iam a sophmore in highschool to me I tend to like more of the preppy girls and some rocker girls. As for me I dont know what I classify as at school. I hang out with football players yet I dont play football :rolleyes: . sometimes with skater/rocker type too it depends

compatibilty takes time.. its not something you see right away.. for your question i think it just depends on the individuals.. they dont need to have something in common to be attracted to each other..

i don't know. i'm 18 and have yet to meet a single girl i was interested in.

that's what happens when you live in a shitty old people/wigger suburban community of san diego.

oh and the whole label thing is just fucking stupid.

I don't know, I'm friends with this guy, at first glance he wasn't good looking, but then I got to know him more and found him cuter and cuter, probably cause his personality shined through.

Too bad he doesn't like me back, eh?

You can't really like a "kind" of person, everybody's different, even

if they put themselves in a particular group.

For myself, I'm very strate laced and boring, and I prefer my

opposite a lot of the time. :badgrin:

I'm old and I don't use terms like "skater" or "prep". Although amongst college grads and professionals, terms like "techies" (engineers, scientists, computer science), "mathies" (mathematicians, accountants) and "artsies" (poli-sci, liberal arts, fine arts) get thrown around depending on what type of work each person does. My own experience is limited but I know that techies should not be with other techies unless you have vastly different interests. Otherwise, conversation is extremely boring. I think I'm most compatible with techies that understand when I make a joke that only an engineer can get (the world is very funny in engineering terms; movies are a great source of unintended comedy) but who is also interested in a completely different field. Of course, hobbies and other interests outside of school / work should at least have some intersection.

I get along with hippies and nerds. Which probably means I'm a hippy and a nerd myself. Yeah, overall, the whole subculture label doesn't really apply (no one gives a rats ass if I call myself a goth or whatever I called myself in high school), but as default user said, people with similar interests (i.e techies or hippies in my case) tend to gravitate towards each other, even in adulthood. I'm not likely to find a hardcore Christian in the New Age bookstore that I frequent, so the people I'm going to meet there are probably going to be more like-minded like myself.

My ten year high school reunion is coming up in a couple of years, it sometimes amazes me how far away and sometimes, how close, all of that labeling - for worse and for better - still feels.

*sighs*

To the original OP: Compatatitablity has more to do with personality than social groups. There have been plenty of people whom I used to call "preps" who I now consider good friends - it's the personality that counts, not the social circle. Do you have similar interests? Can you spend time with each other without wanting to beat the other in with a frying pan? Can you settle on a comprimise of music when you both are driving in a car? That stuff makes or breaks it for a relationship.

i was just wondering what types of guys like which types of girls ?

so if your a skater would you prefer a chick who is also a skater or a more of a preppy girl?

just say what "social group" you are close to and what type of girl/guy you prefer...

ive seen a lot of guys my age, they all wear the hoodies, rip-curl and all that "skater" clothes and you know what i don't think many of them actually like it - they just feel like they need to wear those clothes to fit in....so is that a sign that they don't have enough confidence or back-bone to wear what they like and not what other people wear?...

..i think it is

I would say that I am attracted to someone with a good personality, who has things in common with me, and is at least average in physical appearance.

If I had to put it in terms of social labels then:

Me (sort of nerd, geek)

Girl I would like (nerd, geek, artsy, preppy, goth, asian, tomboy, athletic, hippie, and probably some other ones I can't think of at the moment.)

Hmm, I like girls with similar interest and clothing style but I also like other girls like rocker style or "preppy". I don't like the nerd/geek/goth type of look. But in general the most important part on whether I prefer skater, rocker style, preppy style etc is personality. A bitch is a bitch no matter what clothes she wear ;)

I think its more or less almost based upon which group you are with most, I hang out at work a lot, so now I tend to go towards the "techies" as someone classified my degree as :) Before I was hanging out with them, I was with the "math" people -- other engineers, but I tended to like people from "that category"

that being said, regardless of who I've liked or had crushes on...whatever different categories they may have fallen under, not a single guy that I've liked, has liked me back :(

Awww hopeful yet, you will find a guy you like that likes you back :) just give it time!

Again, im an adult so im not a "type" im into abit of everything :)

General rule of thumb, a guy has to know more about cars than i do...otherwise its just odd lol.

Dating experts say you should project your personality to what type of person you want to attract, eg if you want a quiet, laxed out partner you shouldnt be hyperactive, really loud and outspoken around them. This could work for if you want a skater bf you should be a skater chick :P

Guest sm_oore

it's been a while since high school and those cliques still kind of freak me out a little. lol

But i use to skate(board) a lot back then and if you are trying to get a "skater" boyfriend i wouldn't try to become something different than you already are. Just be yourself. I know that sounds so boring but i guess its true. Most skaters (not the posers) don't really like the popular girls.

Oh, and I wouldn't try to wear like skating clothes and shoes and start skating seriously, esp if you don't like it, cause more than likely they'll think of you as one of the guys if you do get to know X.

I don't know, when i was in HS i didn't really like or care that much for the popular girls, they were always too fake and i know i'd have nothing in common with them.

I personally believe that opposite interests and opposite attitudes can attract on 'some' level. For instance an artistic person can absolutely get along with a engineer, even though their interests are different (visible beauty versus numerical beauty), co-existing is possible in this aspect (however if there is little 'shared' common interest, there won't be much to talk about). And opposite attitudes have the ability to attract, for instance a quiet person might end up being great friends with a talkative person. Two talkative people may bump heads, while two quiet people will have trouble forming a friendship due to a lack of talking. The opposite may also be true, a quiet person may dislike a talkative person and a talkative person may dislike a quiet person..etc... but the one thing that determines co-existence of opposite interests and opposite attitudes attracting is life perspectives (prospect or core beliefs). A person who lives their life peacefully versus a person who lives their life chaotically ... these different 'life perspective' will probably butt heads the most and never result in a truly co-cohesive environment even if they share the same interests or attitude. The thing is a quiet loving person will most enjoy a talkative 'loving' person (the case here is that the 'life perspective' is the common denominator). A quiet loving person will be most dis-interested and repelled by a loud hateful talkative person (the common denominator is 'life perspective'). A quiet loving person will be nuetral and or enjoy another quiet loving person (common denominator 'life perspective). A quiet loving person will probably be repelled by a quiet hateful person (life perspective).

To determine who you date purely by 'interest' is absurd; to determine who you date based on attitude is ignorant; to determine who you date by life perspective is better. Take into account all three and you have a pretty 'sound' decision.

I personally believe that opposite interests and opposite attitudes can attract on 'some' level. For instance an artistic person can absolutely get along with a engineer, even though their interests are different (visible beauty versus numerical beauty), co-existing is possible in this aspect (however if there is little 'shared' common interest, there won't be much to talk about). And opposite attitudes have the ability to attract, for instance a quiet person might end up being great friends with a talkative person. Two talkative people may bump heads, while two quiet people will have trouble forming a friendship due to a lack of talking. The opposite may also be true, a quiet person may dislike a talkative person and a talkative person may dislike a quiet person..etc... but the one thing that determines co-existence of opposite interests and opposite attitudes attracting is life perspectives (prospect or core beliefs). A person who lives their life peacefully versus a person who lives their life chaotically ... these different 'life perspective' will probably butt heads the most and never result in a truly co-cohesive environment even if they share the same interests or attitude. The thing is a quiet loving person will most enjoy a talkative 'loving' person (the case here is that the 'life perspective' is the common denominator). A quiet loving person will be most dis-interested and repelled by a loud hateful talkative person (the common denominator is 'life perspective'). A quiet loving person will be nuetral and or enjoy another quiet loving person (common denominator 'life perspective). A quiet loving person will probably be repelled by a quiet hateful person (life perspective).

To determine who you date purely by 'interest' is absurd; to determine who you date based on attitude is ignorant; to determine who you date by life perspective is better. Take into account all three and you have a pretty 'sound' decision.

I dunno if its a psychological thing because of my acne but i dont ever really seem to fancy any guys, if i do its really rare, but thats because most of the point im thinking "whats the fucking point, they wouldnt look at u twice and if they do its a double take because therye shocked at ur acne" :(

I suppose it helps to have common interests but unless theres that 'chemistry' (hate that word) it doesn't really matter. I think quite often there has to be some level of physical attraction too. I noticed the other day certain celebs that I find attractive are all quite similar looking, all blonde too, however unoriginal that may be. Thats another thing - hair colour anyone notice a correlation between dark and fair hair relationships? I can think of many exceptions but it's pretty unusual to see dark haired girls with dark haired guys or fair haired couples. I have black hair and mainly fancy blonde girls.

lol that theory is so bollocks it's untrue but I'm leaving it out there.

I suppose it helps to have common interests but unless theres that 'chemistry' (hate that word) it doesn't really matter. I think quite often there has to be some level of physical attraction too. I noticed the other day certain celebs that I find attractive are all quite similar looking, all blonde too, however unoriginal that may be. Thats another thing - hair colour anyone notice a correlation between dark and fair hair relationships? I can think of many exceptions but it's pretty unusual to see dark haired girls with dark haired guys or fair haired couples. I have black hair and mainly fancy blonde girls.

lol that theory is so bollocks it's untrue but I'm leaving it out there.