Notifications
Clear all

Dianette

MemberMember
(@fishbowl)

Posted : 09/11/2007 2:58 pm

I have been on dianette for 2 weeks now, and the first 1.5 my skin seemed to improve well, however, ove rteh last 3 days I have had terrible breakouts in places I did not before! Im really worried, are initial breakouts common with dianette and if so do they continue for a long time!!?

Thanks so much for any help

MemberMember
(@fishbowl)

Posted : 09/12/2007 2:23 pm

Hola!!!?

MemberMember
(@laura-jane)

Posted : 09/23/2007 8:57 am

my skin was the worst ever up untill about 2months in (perhaps a bit less) , please stay on it tho - im on month 4 now and not a spot, just scarring. Plz stay on this.

MemberMember
(@dru-am)

Posted : 10/11/2007 3:42 am

hi fish bowl

i started taking dianette recently and im currently in week 2.5. well i have also had a breakout much like what you probably experienced! arrghh! its so frustrating cos i also thought that my skin was improving!

anyway i think you started dianette probably 3 wks before i did, so how is your skin at the moment so i know what to expect for the coming days! x

MemberMember
(@fishbowl)

Posted : 10/18/2007 5:52 am

Ive just finished my 2nd pack now and skin is still not imporving, but I am going to stick it out as I know it takes a while to kick in! fingers crossed!!!

Ive just finished my 2nd pack now and skin is still not imporving, but I am going to stick it out as I know it takes a while to kick in! fingers crossed!!!

MemberMember
(@sundaegirl)

Posted : 10/18/2007 1:59 pm

Hi

I've been on Dianette for 2 weeks also. I thought my skin was getting better but today it seems to be up to its old tricks! That could be cos I was very naughty and squeezed one area though. Paying for it now. Am so fed up as I get red marks now as well, I don't need this at my age, feeling like a freak. There is no reason why should get IBs on Dianette that I can see. I do no it takes a very very long time to work though - like months Only going on what I've read about it and what the booklet says so in meantime may need to find another way to keep acne under control. Typical that the unpleasant side effects kick in straight away though..! If there are any experienced users out there it would be nice to get some infon though :)

MemberMember
(@dru-am)

Posted : 11/28/2007 7:05 am

hello to all users on here

i have now started week 8 and i must say that i have seen an improvement in my skin recently. dont get me wrong i still get spots but they seem to be smaller, not as frequent and seem to disappear quicker than before.

it would be nice to know how you all are getting on?xxx

MemberMember
(@fishbowl)

Posted : 11/28/2007 11:14 am

Heya! Im on pack 4 now and I think over the last week or two things may have started improving slightly but I cant tell for sure yet! My acne is only mild and apparantly it takes longer to kick in for the milder cases so Im going to stick it out and keep my fingers crossed!! x

MemberMember
(@dru-am)

Posted : 11/29/2007 8:41 am

hi fishbowl

where did you hear that it takes longer for the pill to work on mild acne?

i am very new to all things acne related (besides having it all over my face ofcourse! lol!)

MemberMember
(@angelsmomma)

Posted : 12/04/2007 6:42 am

hi everyone,

im from the UK and am one my forth pack of Dianette, its hard because you really want to see a good change really fast and there have been times when i have made myself believe that my skin is looking better when its no different,

so much dissapointment and heart ache comes with acne but this place is great because we can all share and help each other,

so month 4 of Dianette and i still dont see the clear skin i long for, i have mild acne but blackheads are my main problem,

my doc said Dianette is the best for acne but im still not convinced,

its annoying because my skin can look ok for a day or two and then It looks dull and un-even and i cant bare to look in the mirror, im trying to not use foundation just to see of it has any impact on my face,

as for cleansers and moisturisers...... well im still trying to find the right ones..!!!!

i get very dry skin so its hard to moisturise and not clog at the same time...

GRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR TO ACNE GRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR

LETS KEEP UPDATED ON HOW WE ALL GET ON WITH DIANETTE, IT WILL BE GOOD TO SEE WHO IT HELPS... ALL OF US I HOPE

MemberMember
(@stereophonic)

Posted : 12/04/2007 11:03 am

Ive been on dianette since July 2006 and i can say hand on heart,that going on it was the best thing ive ever done! It takes varied amount of times to start seeing results ive heard.Sometimes only a few months,for others its 7-9 or almost a year.Just dont give up on it...unless its necessary to,obviously.Im so glad i stayed on it and didnt go on Roaccutane,much safer this way.

MemberMember
(@sammy1)

Posted : 12/11/2007 5:18 pm

hiiii:-)

just wondering how everyone sgetting on with dianette?

ive jsu finsihed my second pack

and no great results sof ar

hoping it starts clearing wehn i start my third pack and no more breakouts!

xx

MemberMember
(@fishbowl)

Posted : 12/12/2007 2:31 am

Just finished by 4th pack and think I am finally seeing improvments, with breakouts reduced! Dont want to speak too soon though but fingers crossed!! How about everyone else!? Hang in there if youve just started, hopefuly it will be worth it!!! x

MemberMember
(@annique)

Posted : 12/12/2007 6:04 am

well, it seems most of the people on here have been on it for a pretty short time. I was on it for about 3 years, and it really works like a miracle!! It does take time though. I cant remember if I broke out on it at first, but the main thing is, you have to wait at least 3 months for an improvement. I waited longer I think, but once it starts working it does an amazing job. Really hope it works out for you!!

MemberMember
(@alicealicealice)

Posted : 12/12/2007 5:19 pm

I'm starting my second pack on Friday. It's too early to tell if there's an improvement or not, but my skin doesn't look any worse either. I had the normal pre-period flare up but it hasn't been so bad because it hasn't been as prolonged as it would be normally when my body is left to its own devices.

I'm thinking breakouts must be normal at first, because surely any existing spots have to rise to the surface and leave that way?

I haven't really had any negative symptoms as yet. A few headaches but I'm not convinced they're even related to Dianette. So nice to actually have a period on the day it's expected too!

MemberMember
(@sundaegirl)

Posted : 12/13/2007 3:00 am

Hi all well I'm nearly at the end of my 3rd pack and have to go and see my doctor to get another prescription on Monday. So far so bad. My skin is worse than before I started taking it. I've also put weight on which I think is due to this pill and feel miserable thinking back to last xmas when my skin was better and I was thinner. After 2 and a half months I think it might be time to call it a day. I wouldn't mind if it was just a case of no improvement but worse... I notice some people said it takes up to a year!!!!!!! I've been told I'll have to take a break after 2 years anyway so probably not worth it. Does anyone know if Spiro is available in UK?

MemberMember
(@robynxo)

Posted : 12/17/2007 6:59 am

I've been on dianette for a few months now, my skin is good at the moment, and a lot less oily. I've not had any major breakouts for awhile, and when I did I relate it to the stress I was under at the time.

In the past month however I've been experiencing a lot of emotional problems for no reason I can explain, I researched about Dianette and it appears that prolonged use of the pill may cause depression. I don't have depression but I don't really like the 'lows' I've felt recently. I remember using Dianette a couple of years ago and I experienced the same thing. I'll see how it goes for another couple of months and if I feel really down again over nothing I'll come off it for a bit and see what happens.

But anyway it's helped my skin loads :D

MemberMember
(@alicealicealice)

Posted : 12/17/2007 4:41 pm

Has anyone found they often feel a bit sick and get headaches? I'm wondering whether it's the Dianette.

MemberMember
(@sammy1)

Posted : 12/18/2007 12:58 pm

Has anyone found they often feel a bit sick and get headaches? I'm wondering whether it's the Dianette.
MemberMember
(@sundaegirl)

Posted : 12/18/2007 2:07 pm

Hi all

well did go back to my doc for repeat prescription - now she's given me 6 months worth. Well I did say I thought it looked worse but she said can't be the D, must've been going to get worse anyway but most people on here seem to think their skin is worse. I'm convinced mine is - I had times when I was clear before the D but very sensitive to stress which gives me bad skin and I have a very stressful life lol which won't change anytime soon. I'm going to stick with it for a bit longer though and now she has given me duac to counteract the problems caused by D

MemberMember
(@alicealicealice)

Posted : 12/19/2007 2:27 am

yeeeeee i get quite bad headacehs but no as bad as when i first started.

i feel nautious sometimes after i eat too...

strange!

hows ur skin doing on it?

im in my third month now and woke up with new spots on my jaw and head...

thought it was clearin up but obviously not!

MemberMember
(@fishbowl)

Posted : 12/19/2007 3:51 pm

I went to the doctors today to pick up my repeat prescription for dianette and minocycline (i have been on mino for about 3-4 years now, and beleve its effectivness has largely worn off but have been weening itself off it since starting dianette). Anyhow, I got a note from my doctor saying i was nto getting prescribed the mino as it wasnt suitable with dianatte and if i came to visit him he would give me a more appropiate anitbiotic, although I think I am going to try and go without as dianette seems to be kicking in now. I was just wondering if anyone had heard this about mino, and if so why isnt it suitable!!?

Thanks very much!!! x

MemberMember
(@vella)

Posted : 12/21/2007 4:02 pm

to everyone who's having breakouts while on the first few weeks of dianette-

I took it for a year in 2005- after about two weeks my skin got AWFUL, I mean really really bad. But I stuck with it. After about three months my skin was AMAZING 100% clear plus just had a really healthy glow- so to everybody having those initial breakouts they will almost certainly clear.

After a six month break I've gone back on it- just hope it works again this time round.

My tip is just to make sure you take them at exactly the same time each day if you can-I found whenever I missed a pill or was late taking it, I broke out especially during those first few months when my body was trying to get used to it.

Good luck everyone!

MemberMember
(@sammy1)

Posted : 12/22/2007 8:18 am

awww hope it works liek that for me... im halfway through my 3rd packet and my skin has got baaaaad again!

big spots all voer my head and jaaaw

sore :-(

xx

MemberMember
(@vella)

Posted : 12/23/2007 7:52 am

awww hope it works liek that for me... im halfway through my 3rd packet and my skin has got baaaaad again!

big spots all voer my head and jaaaw

sore :-(

xx