Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
rayodeluz

piercings a couple weeks off tane

Hey all

I know everyone says no piercings/tattoos while you're on tane...but I'm in Chile and it's sooo much cheaper here! My course ends mid-November and I leave Dec. 9th. So by the time I leave, my body will be two weeks in getting off tane...So would it be a horrible idea to get a piercing right before I leave? I have multiple piercings and have had no problems with them healing regularly.

Wait, can u get piercings, or should I say 'should' you get piercings whilst on accutane???

You should NOT get piercings while on accutane.

Wait, can u get piercings, or should I say 'should' you get piercings whilst on accutane???

You should NOT get piercings while on accutane.

Well I'm gonna ask my doc, I really wanna get my ears pierced soon. Perhaps I could go for magnetics? I've never tried them. My earlobes aren't thick but their certaintly not thin either.

I wonder why I can't recall seeing this on the package, leaflet, websites....

I emailed my derm and asked her and she said she has never believed the theory that skin will heal worse on accutane. As for me, I agree with her because my skin seems to be healing better if I get any scabs from pimples or cuts. Theyre flatter and go away faster. So she said piercings would prob be fine, but she can't say for tattoos. I think I'm gonna get pierced before I leave but wait on the tat.

I emailed my derm and asked her and she said she has never believed the theory that skin will heal worse on accutane. As for me, I agree with her because my skin seems to be healing better if I get any scabs from pimples or cuts. Theyre flatter and go away faster. So she said piercings would prob be fine, but she can't say for tattoos. I think I'm gonna get pierced before I leave but wait on the tat.

I emailed my derm and asked her and she said she has never believed the theory that skin will heal worse on accutane.