Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
mooshu

forehead acne

I keep getting acne on my forehead. It's the only part of my face where i continously get acne there. I have short hair so it's not the hair...i know it's the moisturizer cause everytime i apply it to my forehead i break out the next day. If i don't apply moisturizer to my forehead i get flakes, then it eventually gets irratating and i break out anyways. I'm not sure what else to turn to i've used a variety of moisturizers: aveeno, dans moisturizer, cetaphil, neutrogena, jojob oil, etc

How about you try fruit of the earth at night and in the day time use both fruit of the earth and CeraVe Moisturizing Cream. Both can be purchased at drugstore.com. I wouldnt use the CeraVe at night though

i tried fruit of earth that made me breakout too but haven't tried cerave yet...i have numerous bottles and tubes of moisturizers which i only use once....and they go to waste :/

morning:

1. Wet my face with warm water for about 5 seconds, then apply Dan's cleanser gently for 10 seconds.

2. rinse off for about 15 seconds then towel dry gently

3. wait 5 minutes then apply Dan's bp

4. wait for 15minutes then apply cetaphil moisturizer. *This is the step where i avoid putting moisturizer on my forehead cause every time I do so I ALWAYS break out the next day. Even if i don't put moisturizer it gets really dry and irritating...and i eventually break out this way too, but it's minor breakouts compared to if i do put on moisturizer.

Evening:

Exact same thing as above.

I can't really tell without pictures, but this sounds like Seborrheic Dermatitis. It is quite common and is commonly on the forehead along with the scalp. It by itself can create pimples, but it also can lead to secondary infections and make acne much worse. I know for me, whenever my SD gets bad, so does my acne.

Is the skin on your forehead red and flaky?

Do you ever get dandruff on your scalp?, Is your scalp itchy and irritated too?

If you show me pictures in good lighting, I will probably be able to tell you within seconds if that is what you have. Or you could just go to the doctor and ask about it, and skip showing the pics because you will probably have a better time treating it with the help of a doctor or dermatologist.

I have not tried it, but I have heard that Apple Cider Vinegar diluted with an equal amount of water applied topically for a half hour before you shower will completely get rid of Seborrheic Dermatitis within a week or so. Although it will still probably come back eventually.

I can't really tell without pictures, but this sounds like Seborrheic Dermatitis. It is quite common and is commonly on the forehead along with the scalp. It by itself can create pimples, but it also can lead to secondary infections and make acne much worse. I know for me, whenever my SD gets bad, so does my acne.

Is the skin on your forehead red and flaky?

Do you ever get dandruff on your scalp?, Is your scalp itchy and irritated too?

If you show me pictures in good lighting, I will probably be able to tell you within seconds if that is what you have. Or you could just go to the doctor and ask about it, and skip showing the pics because you will probably have a better time treating it with the help of a doctor or dermatologist.

I have not tried it, but I have heard that Apple Cider Vinegar diluted with an equal amount of water applied topically for a half hour before you shower will completely get rid of Seborrheic Dermatitis within a week or so. Although it will still probably come back eventually.