Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Hey guys....this is the first time I've posted here but i'm just so happy with the success of my Acne Cure Plan that i just HAD to share it with other people...

Firstly, my name's Vanessa, I'm 18 and i live in Australia. My acne started in year 9 and continued until the end of year 12 until i went on this amazing plan and got rid of it for good biggrin.gifbiggrin.gifbiggrin.gif

I know that some of you have heard of Dr Dubrow and his book, "The Acne Cure". I was heaps skeptical when i first read it but i was desperate and so i bought the products he suggested and started it....and then...MAGIC!! Signs of improvement were visable in the first 24 hours.

I went through years of being on the Pill, going to the doctor and the natropath and the dermotologist and being on crazy diets and so I'm still finding it a little hard to believe that only 6 weeks and a total of $30 dollars went into clearing up my face.

I know that a lot of you may have the book (esp those in the UK where it is the only place released - my dad bought it for me on a visit to London) but most of you dont which is why I'm posting a summary of the plan here... PLEASE TRY IT!!! Its so simple and cheap and easy and it actually works...

Ok, here goes...

Step 1

Salicylic Acid of 2% concentration

~ Neutrogena Clear Pore Wash, Acnisal, L’Oreal Pure Zone Deep Purifying Gel Wash

* No other Active Ingredients (especially Glycolic Acid) *

1. Wet the skin with warm water.

2. Pour a small amount (5 cent coin) of the salicylic acid into your palm.

3. Add a few drops of water and rub until the water and acid are completely mixed.

4. Gently massage the mixture into the skin in a circular mixture making sure that every affected area is covered.

5. Leave the lotion in place for as long it takes to brush your teeth and then rinse off with warm water.

6. Do this every morning and evening.

Step 2

Glycolic Acid between 8% and 10% concentration

* No other Active Ingredients (especially Salicylic Acid) *

Apply the acid cream in the MORNING after the Salicylic Acid (using the same technique).

Step 3

Benzoyl Peroxide (BP) 5% concentration

Use this in the EVENING after the Salicylic Acid

1. Run an ice cube over the area you intend to cool down the skin until it is thoroughly wet and feels cold to the touch (without freezing the skin).

2. Apply the Benzoyl Peroxide (that you have kept cold in your refrigerator) using the same technique as used for the salicylic acid and glycolic acid. However, first cool the palm of your hand with the ice to avoid warming the Benzoyl Peroxide too much

3. Place a small amount of the cool Benzoyl Peroxide cream in your palm, then apply it everywhere in an even layer.

4. Once you have applied the Benzoyl Peroxide over the affected (and cool and wet) area, place one or more cold packs on the affected areas (Cold packs you can get from chemists or Priceline)

5. Leave the ice packs in place for about 10 minutes while you lie down and relax.

6. When you’ve finished, wipe off any excess Benzoyl Peroxide with a soft, dry cloth, leaving the residue in place to work on bacteria all night.

AND>>>Vitamins to take every day

§ Vitamin C

§ Alpha Lipoic Acid

§ Vitamin B Complex

§ Folic Acid

§ Vitamin E

§ L-Carnitine

§ Calcium

§ Magnesium

§ Chromium

§ Selenium

§ Zinc

the acne cure helped me out tremendously. my acne is not totally gone but definitely under control and i have been doing it since the summer

gymrat,

how much of the vitamins do you take?

where did you get the glycolic acid wash?

and where do you find acnisal in the US?

thanks!