Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Carolyn13

Flax Oil AND Fish Oil

My sister (and father) have been taking Flax Oil in liquid form for a while now. I bought a bottle of Rexall Organic Flax Oil with Omega 3 and started taking a spoonful a day since last Friday. Now, I've read that fish oil is so much better to get the Omega 3's, but since both my dad and sis swear by the flax oil, I think I'd like to continue taking it in the evening.

I did, however, buy some actual fish oil today though (in pill form which I figured would be easier to take at lunch while at work). Here is what I bought: [post=http://www.drugstore.com/products/prod.asp?pid=149040&catid=2652]Fish Oil

Basically, my question is this: Would it hurt to take 2 fish oil pills at lunch and then my spoonful of flax w/omega 3 in the evening or would I truly see a more profound difference in my skin, hair.... health! if I just nix the flax oil and start taking the fish oil twice a day?

Lastly, is the kind a bought a good brand? It does say thats its been purified on the bottle, but all of this talk about mercury and whatnot has me a little nervous.

Thanks for your help!! :)

Carolyn

My sister (and father) have been taking Flax Oil in liquid form for a while now. I bought a bottle of Rexall Organic Flax Oil with Omega 3 and started taking a spoonful a day since last Friday. Now, I've read that fish oil is so much better to get the Omega 3's, but since both my dad and sis swear by the flax oil, I think I'd like to continue taking it in the evening.

I did, however, buy some actual fish oil today though (in pill form which I figured would be easier to take at lunch while at work). Here is what I bought: Fish Oil

Basically, my question is this: Would it hurt to take 2 fish oil pills at lunch and then my spoonful of flax w/omega 3 in the evening or would I truly see a more profound difference in my skin, hair.... health! if I just nix the flax oil and start taking the fish oil twice a day?

Lastly, is the kind a bought a good brand? It does say thats its been purified on the bottle, but all of this talk about mercury and whatnot has me a little nervous.

Thanks for your help!! :)

Carolyn

You will be fine adding that in along with flax :) Or you could just buy fish oil liquid, it's the purest form. No fillers involved because most of the capsule is made with other oil, so if you find a negative effect, it's from the fillers (chances are you won't, but just in case).

The link is invalid :(

You will be fine adding that in along with flax :) Or you could just buy fish oil liquid, it's the purest form. No fillers involved because most of the capsule is made with other oil, so if you find a negative effect, it's from the fillers (chances are you won't, but just in case).

The link is invalid :(

That brand is good for capsules. The capsules have fillers, take a look at the ingredients :) You will notice 600 mg is omega 3 out of the 1,200 mg capsule, and the rest is 'filler' oil. The liquids do not have fillers and is pure. :D

That brand is good for capsules. The capsules have fillers, take a look at the ingredients :) You will notice 600 mg is omega 3 out of the 1,200 mg capsule, and the rest is 'filler' oil. The liquids do not have fillers and is pure. :D

Ooooh, I see. :) Perhaps when I finish the bottle (and if I have no weird side effects from the fillers which would cause me to stop taking it early), I'll buy some actual fish oil liquid. Do you have any suggestions on brands I should keep an eye out for?

Thanks again for your help - I really appreciate it :)

Ooooh, I see. :) Perhaps when I finish the bottle (and if I have no weird side effects from the fillers which would cause me to stop taking it early), I'll buy some actual fish oil liquid. Do you have any suggestions on brands I should keep an eye out for?

Thanks again for your help - I really appreciate it :)

gnc cod liver oil =)