Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
dragon10

How not to be insecure?

I hate it, like at home I can be all normal with family. but in school I'm so insecure...

I always think people are looking at me, even though they aren't.

I can't seem to make friends like I used back in middle school, like I would just sit

there in class while everyone else is having fun and laughing. I never talk to anyone

I don't know if they don't talk to me first. I used to have a lot of friends I could just

chill with, but nowadays I'm always by myself. I sit behind this kid who used to be one of my best friends back in middle school, we always used to be cracking jokes in class, but now when we talk we don't have much to say but he's still cracking jokes. Even my "best" friends don't ask me to do things with them a whole lot anymore. I'm especially bad at talking to girls, I always don't know what to say, while I try to play it "cool", the guys next to me always makes them laugh cuz they're outspoken and funny. I seem to quiet, and I wasn't like this before. actually I haven't met one the whole month since school started, and I think I met two and that's because they talked to me first, while my friends are always making friends with everyone. I constantly go to the restroom to check on myself..after every class every day. I'm terrified of standing in front of the room to talk in front of the class. When I think someone is looking at me I get all hot inside, and I don't even have anything to hide. what can I do?

Are you my clone? I wasn't aware I had one.

Yeah, my life is one big :redface: , I'm unsure of how to

get rid of it. I just pretend like I'm confident, sometimes it's

cool, and sometimes everyone sees right through me.

Good luck, keep working on it :D

I'm the same way sorta. I'm the funnest and coolest guy to be with unless I'm in school. I guess I'm really focused and school isn't fun-time. But that's me, you need to figure out what your own needs are.

take every social ideaology u can think of throw it out the window as if it never exsisted and live in your own means where all that dosent matter if u can let all that go u will never be insecure

I'm the same way sorta. I'm the funnest and coolest guy to be with unless I'm in school. I guess I'm really focused and school isn't fun-time. But that's me, you need to figure out what your own needs are.

I always say that to cheer myself up when I'm not talking to people, but after a while it's just dumb to me.. I'm like who am I kidding?

My advice is to stop spending too much time checkin' out yourself in the mirror or stop spending too much time grooming yourself obssessively. These things will make you more insecure. I used to spend so much time covering my acne with makeup and obssessing about them. But now that I've lessen my time in the mirror I'm so much less insecure than ever before and I'm enjoying myself more! I don't compare myself too much to others...and I'm more accepting of myself now.

Good Luck!

xxx

I hate it, like at home I can be all normal with family. but in school I'm so insecure...

I always think people are looking at me, even though they aren't.

I can't seem to make friends like I used back in middle school, like I would just sit

there in class while everyone else is having fun and laughing. I never talk to anyone

I don't know if they don't talk to me first. I used to have a lot of friends I could just

chill with, but nowadays I'm always by myself. I sit behind this kid who used to be one of my best friends back in middle school, we always used to be cracking jokes in class, but now when we talk we don't have much to say but he's still cracking jokes. Even my "best" friends don't ask me to do things with them a whole lot anymore. I'm especially bad at talking to girls, I always don't know what to say, while I try to play it "cool", the guys next to me always makes them laugh cuz they're outspoken and funny. I seem to quiet, and I wasn't like this before. actually I haven't met one the whole month since school started, and I think I met two and that's because they talked to me first, while my friends are always making friends with everyone. I constantly go to the restroom to check on myself..after every class every day. I'm terrified of standing in front of the room to talk in front of the class. When I think someone is looking at me I get all hot inside, and I don't even have anything to hide. what can I do?

Soon as anyone finds out how to deal with insecurity please do share, i got on my Bus today and since the school and college term has started all the kids are on their and i have to stand really close to people, just think they're looking at my skin and thinking how gross it looks :( couldn't stop shaking for most of the journey, which made me feel even more anxious, which made me shake more.

Gonna have to start getting up earlier to avoid them all.

I think the best approach to fixing insecurity is to be secure with yourself and confident.

Remember that your skin is only one part of your appearance, which in turn is only one part of the person you are as a whole. Having said that, work on every area in your life that you can.

Appearance-

Skin: Dermatologist visit and treatment methods

Body: Exercise

Wardrobe: Whatever clothing you feel comfortable in that presents you well

Person-

Mindset: Try to have a positive mindset all the time

Interests: Spend time doing things you enjoy

Social skills: Once you develop your interests, find other people who like the same thing. Just put yourself out there while paying attention to what you and other people do.

I used to be a very insecure person and I was often full of self doubt. But when you spend time on yourself, you will realize all that you have to offer people in social relationships. This is the beginning of inner strength.

I know I have issues with this. At times I can be sort of ok and other times I just cant seem to feel confident and once i feel a bit insecure I start thinking or I shake and get more anxious about that and its really embarrassing.

I have improved alot though lately by doing positive reinforcement. You have to everyday say good things about yourself and even though you might not beleive them at first just keep doing it and after a while(can take weeks) you will start bleieiving and looking at the good side.

I think we should all say something positive about each person in this thread and focus on that. I know your probably think yeah right this is crap but seriously just keep at it as even if its not the answer it may help you deal with it better.

Life can suck if you let it... Sometimes for a happy ending you just have to write your own.

Just try to be happy, don't focus on the bad stuff.

Being positive is the best remedy for insecurity.

I know I have issues with this. At times I can be sort of ok and other times I just cant seem to feel confident and once i feel a bit insecure I start thinking or I shake and get more anxious about that and its really embarrassing.

I have improved alot though lately by doing positive reinforcement. You have to everyday say good things about yourself and even though you might not beleive them at first just keep doing it and after a while(can take weeks) you will start bleieiving and looking at the good side.

I think we should all say something positive about each person in this thread and focus on that. I know your probably think yeah right this is crap but seriously just keep at it as even if its not the answer it may help you deal with it better.

Well your guy friends doesn't care about your acne. Stop thinking they do. Act like yourself around your guy friends and acne isn't a problem.

With girls it's harder to not be self concious about your looks, and I haven't found much things that help except being lucky and getting a clear day and/or alcohol.

Yeah i tried doing that aswell, everyday i would just say to myself i looked "fantastic" or something along those lines, i also tried to fix myself up as much as possible, normally i come home from work and just lounge about in comfortable clothes and tie my hair up, i try now to put on clothes i feel better in and pay more attention to how i look when noone is around just for personal gratification.

Times be hard sometimes, you just won't feel like being happy and want to mope, just try and do something you enjoy and take your mind off whats bothering you. I used to play guitar to vent, then i slept awkwardly on my hand one night when i was drunk and ended up causing nerve damage in some of my fingers and had to do some physiotherapy in order to regain the feeling, now that it's back i'm trying to play again, for too long i would finish work and then have nothing that motivated me to come home to, so i'd sit around doing nothing and being depressed. Makes me feel a lot better and confident if i'm doing something i enjoy before i go out somewhere, so try and do something like that to put you in a good mood if you're going out somewhere you would normally feel anxious about, if you're attitude is positive people will respond to you better and dispel majoity of the anxiety traits.