Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
beastclown

Lysol helps!

Hi, i'm new here and noticed that any acne i got was noticed right when i woke up from bed so i started spraying lysol on my sheets and pillow cases thoroughly to kill any bacteria before i go to sleep and it really has helped me a lot, i also try to sleep on my back so my cheeks arnt rubbing against my pillow case. When my acne was at its worse i was always playing video games on my computer and didnt wash my hands often so I started spraying lysol on my computer desk and keyboard 2 times a day and it really is effective, i also started to be very aware of my hands around my face or shoulders/back. Anyone else use this in their routine?

I'd just keep a bunch of clean white pillowcases around to change every couple of days (sleep on one side one night, the other side next night, then switch cases) and wash them frequently, rather than spraying Lysol onto the fabric. That might kill bacteria on the pillow, but hot water and detergent does too, and there's a whole bunch of fragrances and other ingredients in Lysol that could worsen your acne if you rub your face in it.

If I am not mistaken, isnt Lysol carcinogenic? If not at least really bad to have skin contact with?

Just spraying your sheets and pillow case won't cause any problems.