Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
notjude

Should I go back on Accutane a month after my 6-month course?

Just like the title says. I'm trying to decide whether I should start another low-dose course. I finished my first 6-month course a little over a month ago but now I'm starting to break out again. The pimples are very small, but the number of them only seems to be increasing with time.

I think I might start again tonight since I have plenty of 'tane left. Do you think I should wait?

i was reading about it earlier in a drug encyclopedia where i work (pharmacy) and it said repeat courses should be started at least 8 weeks after ending the first course, as the tane keeps clearing your skin upto 8 weeks after you come off

does that make sense? im rubbish at explaining things lol

I don't think that's the case, Ash, given that I seem to be getting more pimples over time.

Does anyone else have a good reason why I shouldn't start my second course tonight? Cast your vote.

If it's not severe, don't. Try something like the DKR or a regimen with OTC products. If it still doesn't help, go back on Tane.

no,wait at least 8 weeks. accutane continues to clear your skin for 2 months after you are done taking it.