Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
rebecca_seattle

Rebecca's regimin log

Started the DKR on the evening of 9/6/07. Used all 3 DKR products. Just 1/3 finger BP. Experienced burning and redness after moisturizing. Burning and redness never went away.

Morning of 9/7/07, used no BP at all, just cleanser and moisturizer. Moisturizer still burned. Evening of 9/7/07, cleanser, 1/3 finger BP and moisturizer. Still burning. Pimples drying up though.

Morning of 9/8/07, no BP, just cleanser and moisturizer. Still burning. Put ice on my face for some temporary relief. Became concerned that I might be allergic to something in the moisturizer. Afternoon, washed face again, applied a different moisturizer -- Eucarin Sensitive Skin Anti-Aging Q10. Still burned. Face feels more oily. Got a new pimple. Evening, no BP at all. Think I started BP too fast. Switching to using it every other day. Used cleanser and Eucarin moisturizer. Still burning.

That sucks. The same thing happened to me. I had to quit Dans regimen. I was on it for about five weeks. You may need to give it more time. You didnt ramp up too quickly by the way. 1/3 of yoru finger is perfectly attiquit (as you see I cannot spell).

Some people have suggested that my skin might just be super sensitive to the BP and the moisturizer is burning just because the BP has irritated my skin so much that anything would burn. Hoping that using the BP only every other day will reduce the irritation enough so the moisturizer stops burning.

Some people have suggested that my skin might just be super sensitive to the BP and the moisturizer is burning just because the BP has irritated my skin so much that anything would burn. Hoping that using the BP only every other day will reduce the irritation enough so the moisturizer stops burning.

Hi Rebecca -

Sorry to hear that you are having this problem with the products causing a burning sensation. Although this isn't a part of the DKR, there is a way you might be able to get your skin used to the BP. The short-contact method for the first couple of weeks might help your skin adjust to the BP. Here is what you do:

Nights 1-3: wash face, apply BP, wash BP off after 15 min

Nights 4-6: same as above, except leave BP on for 30 min before washing

Nights 7-9: same, but leave BP on for 1 hour

Nights 10-13: same, but leave BP on for 2 hours

So, after 2 weeks, you leave it on all night. If you aren't getting any irritation at this point, use the BP just once a day for 2 more weeks (the 1/3 finger), then bump up to twice a day (1/3 of finger). Then you would just be starting the DKR from the beginning point as recommended.

Thanks! I'll give the short-contact method a shot.

I haven't used any BP today or yesterday and my skin is much less red and has stopped burning. It's peeling though, kinda like a sunburn. eeeew! At least that doesn't hurt though.

My plan at the moment is to let my poor skin recover for a bit. Just cleansing and moisturizing until the redness and peeling are gone. Then will try the short-contact method.

Keepin' my fingers crossed.

Rebecca

So I went for several days without using any BP, just to let my skin recover. I swear my whole face peeled off. After a talk with one of the DKR product customer service reps, I decided to try using a pea-sized amount of BP, once a day for a week, and then slowly increasing. Well, I've done that two nights now. Just the tiniest bit of redness. No peeling. The DKR moisturizer isn't burning. That makes me happy, since the other moisturizers I've tried leave me feeling like a giant mass of grease, but the DKR moisturizer is nice and light. So far so good. . . Got exactly two pimples at the moment, which is phenomenal, considering I'm premenstrual. And one of those pimples is my own darned fault -- I got kinda carried away with the moisturizer and put it on my neck, even though I hadn't washed that area. :doh:

I swear, if DRK works for me, I'm going to put a giant banner for it on the front of my apartment and an ad on my car. And then I'm going to tell all of my friends about it and hand out free samples at high schools. Oooh, and I'll get a t-shirt advertising it. And I'll put DK in my will and name my first born after him.

Rebecca

So, I'm gonna need that banner. . . I have clear skin!!!!! :dance:

Here's what I did. Since I'm apparently really sensitive to BP, I started with just the tiniest bit once a day. Like the size of a pea. Even that caused some irritation, but I toughed it out. I only used BP at night, so I slept through the irritation. Then, REALLY slowly, I increased the amount of BP. I didn't increase until I stopped getting any redness at all from the amount of BP I had been using. I'm still not even up to using the full dose and it's been months. That's just fine with me, since it's working.

Moral of the story: If your skin is really sensitive to BP, don't just give up on the Regimen. You just need to start slower. You too can have clear skin! Yay!

- Rebecca