Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
dragon10

does moisturizing speed healing of red marks and scars?

Posted

i think it does but i want opinions

Posted

bump

Posted

I don't know, but I kind of doubt it. If your face doesn't NEED moisturizer after you wash or whatever, then it isn't really doin you any good. But I heard that using pure aloe very gel is good for both redmarks and moisturizing.

Posted

I think so if your face is dry.

Posted

Yes it does. I didn't think so I didn't use one for a month and my face looked terrible. Everyone will say you don't, but considering you don't want your face to produce its own after the cleanser and whatever products you use, since it will overcompensate.

Posted

Moisturizing is way under-rated. ;) It's quite helpful for people even with oily skin as oil and hydration are two very different things. An extra bit of moisturizer does make the skin ever so much happier...visibly.

As to the effect on red marks and scars: I don't know, but it certainly won't hurt as hydrated skin is healthier and more able to heal and repair itself.

Posted

Moisturising definitely helps the skin to heal faster and makes it look healthier. As for it helping red marks maybe there is some connection as I don't use one nearly as often as I should and my red marks take awhile to fade.

Posted
Moisturizing is way under-rated. ;) It's quite helpful for people even with oily skin as oil and hydration are two very different things. An extra bit of moisturizer does make the skin ever so much happier...visibly.

As to the effect on red marks and scars: I don't know, but it certainly won't hurt as hydrated skin is healthier and more able to heal and repair itself.

Posted

Contrary to what people believe letting a wound dry out will not make it heal faster. My derm once told me that a wound heals much faster and more precisely when it is very hydrated. So i would imagine a little moisturizer would help aid the fading of red marks.

Posted