Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
mermaiden

Getting over People's Opinions

I'm a lot better than I used to be, but I think I'm still way too sensitive to other people's reactions to me. Some guy started flaming me harsh last night on MSN, and I shouldn't care...but it affects me.

How do you deal with this? :boohoo:

Hm... u could send a picture of someone's ugly bum and email it to him, with the caption "Sure it looks better than yours"...

Teeh!

Want me to beat him up?? :ninja:

I already deleted him. I don't know, I don't usually insult people back. I tend to take the "high road" and not sink to their level.

Maybe that's why I feel so bad though? Because I never retaliate?

Hm, I used to take a lot of s&*^ and not say a word, but it always made things worse for me because I suffered inside from the lack of justice... Now I try to find a way to make things better for me, either by being responsible and sending a mature "leave me alone"-type message, or finding a way to do some revenge... teehee... ;)))

But I admire your kindness, you have a good soul. :angel:

i would just curse them out or say something that makes them feel bad. i must say it feels better to either make them feel guilty or shitty right back I guess i'm sick like that hmm?

I don't fight back not because I care about them (I didn't really know this guy) but because I think it'll just make me look like I'm getting upset and then they have won, essentially.

My problem is I overthink everything, including insults. So I always think the other person may have a point, or that I'm also in the wrong, or that it might have been my fault, etc.

How do I stop this? :think:

i find that when someones insulting me is i like to make fun of them i.e. if they say something insulting and when they're saying it they mis spell just say whats "...." supposed to mean?

that eventually gets them even angrier or annoyed and they make more mistakes and gives you more to make fun of until in the end they're spitting out incoherent sentences and look very stupid...

always works :D plus its very very good fun since you're guaranteed to find it funny and so will other people

I already deleted him. I don't know, I don't usually insult people back. I tend to take the "high road" and not sink to their level.

Maybe that's why I feel so bad though? Because I never retaliate?

Well if he is in range I give him the finger and walk away... If it's long distance hate, I just forget about it.... I have better things to do then worry about what some prick over the internet thinks.