Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
snubiss

red marks left by acne....bleh ;[

Alright so my acne is finally STARTING to clear up...but there are tons of red marks on my face!!!

I don't know if they are scarred or what, but can someone give me advice on what to use to clear this up? I need some advice from people that have had good results with there products, please help!!

Here are some pics to show you what it's like....

http://i106.photobucket.com/albums/m250/snubiss/IM000438.jpg

http://i106.photobucket.com/albums/m250/snubiss/IM000437.jpg

Wow you're really hot! lol

Yup, those are typical red marks left behind by acne.

There are heaps of products out there which will work but so far there is nothing that clears them up in a few weeks...this sort of treatment takes months.

Try reading the glycolic threads, alot of people have had good results with the cleanser.

:)

I've got red marks too, they SUCK!

Take a look at my signature, thats regimen, I've been doing that for a couple of days now, we'll see how it goes, hoepefully I'll get some good results.

BTW You got really nice eyes :lol:

Mate i suggest investing in some concealer. My red marks are like 5x worse then yours but after a concealing sesh my face looks.......acceptable. With your red marks it should cover it up pretty well.

Yeah and it does feel wierd putting makeup on but you'll get over it

Alright so my acne is finally STARTING to clear up...but there are tons of red marks on my face!!!

I don't know if they are scarred or what, but can someone give me advice on what to use to clear this up? I need some advice from people that have had good results with there products, please help!!

Here are some pics to show you what it's like....

http://i106.photobucket.com/albums/m250/snubiss/IM000438.jpg

http://i106.photobucket.com/albums/m250/snubiss/IM000437.jpg

From what ive heard accutane will make it more red, plus accutane is for actual acne not just marks left by it.

Try bio oil, its worked for a lot of people, ive got a tub at home but it made my skin feel wierd so i stopped using it. Also heard Apple cider vinegar is good, again i have a bottle at home but i have yet to test it out.

concealer is the way forward my friend <----- This i can vouch for

Hey I hate mild accutane when I decided to try accutane. I just wanted to get ahead of my acne and it seemed like every new pimple I got meant another redmark to add to the tally. Without beating acne, I could never start my battle against redmarks...to say the least, accutane was the best move Ive ever made regarding my acne and my self esteem. I know it has varying reults on people but I came out A o.k. as for the redness, do you mean redmarks or actual redness of the face?

ehh, red marks by previous acne.

but I still get a few pimples at a time, and want them gone =[[

so a friend suggested Accutane, and I wanted to know if it was safe??

Accutane should not be used for a few pimples. Accutane should be used for severe acne problems and when other treatments have failed. It will not help with your red marks. Any product with an AHA (i.e. glycolic acid) will help. A retinoid may help. Both of these things chemically exfoliate the skin.

Look into Retin-A-Micro. I have been using it for about a month now and it is slowly and surely clearing up my redmarks...

Also use Bare Escentuals (Bare Minerals) (non-liquid) makeup, get the right color for your skin. It is going to take many months to clear up your redmarks, and makeup will be your friend there to help you out in the process.

Since you still have active acne in addition to red marks, check out Neutrogena® Advanced Solutions Acne Mark Fading Peel .

Paula's Choice Beta Hydroxy Acid products that is left on the skin during the day and night may further address your issues. Note: people have had varying results with each of Paula's formulations. I use the gel and have had good results.

IMO your acne and resulting redness isn't as severe as others I've seen. As such, you should try OTC products (which can be very effective) prior to resorting to the stronger prescription products.

Good luck.

Accutane can be safe, it varies on different people. I had to get my blood drawn to test for liver damage twice and that was it. This was just a precautionary test. Accutane was very safe for me and Ive had no emotional side effects or physical side effects. I use Retin a at night to keep my acne in check and it works wonders for me! BTW I had less acne than you when my derm prescribed me Accutane. I told her I was fed up trying this and that to see what worked. I knew Accutanes repuatation for getting the job done and it didnt disappoint.