Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
anthony12345

Anyone have interesting acne stories?

When I first got acne in the fifth grade, it was nasty red bumps on the back of my neck. However slowly but surely, as the neck acne went away but the forehead acne emerged. Now my head is clear but Im battling acne on the check. Anyone else have weird turn of events in their battle with acne?

I have. I was clear from acne for a year and then boom, last winter I broke out again in moderate acne and have been breaking out everyday since then (except for when I use Aqua Glycolic cleanser hehehe). The October or November before that, I didnt have a period for over a month and my face turned into a disaster :redface:

I forgot to mention that when my left cheek was emerging with acne, my right cheek with completely clear. I was like oh no... i have a feeling somethings going to happen. Luckily it has not been as bad as the left check.

I find that jane jones, if I go on holiday or even in a hotel on a training course in this country my skin gets alot worse. Why is this?

I went through a weird phase, where whenver i got a pimple on one cheek, a pimple would appear later that week on the EXACT opposite side.

Also, every winter, my skin gets almost totally clear of acne but it all returns in Spring, ie. September, ie NOW. Lol man i hate my skin

Hey Ben, this is an interesting (yet annoying) coincidence. Maybe we just have skin that is highly sensitized to climate change?

My skin also goes to shit after plane rides and washing my face in hotel bathrooms. Hahah ok maybe not that extreme but I feel paranoid whenever I'm unable to do my own skin regimine in my own house.

Well I was born and raised in Hawaii for 19 years. Then moved to New York for uni for a year, then to here about 5 months ago.

Wait why is Australia so crappy for my skin! I want to move! :cry:

I moved away for school and had like one spot every month or two months stayed like that until I moved home from university... and now trying to get clear is so hard! I only moved 3 hours, and the climate really isn't different at all. I was wondering about air and water quality differences.

Oh, plane rides are hell... Atop from the lack of sleep you get oil pushed out of your pores because of the pressurized cabin and your skin ends up oily and gross. I just stopped being a flight attendant after a few years, and this profession did not help my skin condition at all!! Am so glad I quit... and hoping that a regular lifestyle will help me clear up! :)

When I first got acne in the fifth grade, it was nasty red bumps on the back of my neck. However slowly but surely, as the neck acne went away but the forehead acne emerged. Now my head is clear but Im battling acne on the check. Anyone else have weird turn of events in their battle with acne?

Yeah I have two kids (3 and 2years, cuties lol) and my skin complete cleared up both my pregnancies! Then acne came back with a bang, but thank God i have it under control now with the help of Aqua Glycolic cleanser, it so rocks!

My skin also goes to shit after plane rides and washing my face in hotel bathrooms. Hahah ok maybe not that extreme but I feel paranoid whenever I'm unable to do my own skin regimine in my own house.

Whenever I travel my skin goes ballistic. There's not a whole lot of opportunity to wash up on a packed 12 hour flight from Los Angeles to London. What I'm going to do next time is whenever my skin hits that "12 hour wash again" time is that I'm going to use toner and swab it all over on the plane and then re apply BP everywhere until I can land and use the bathoom in the airport. (Shivers at the memory)

This one time, my friend and I went to a McDonalds to grab some McGriddles. I had two, and by the time I came home around one hour after eating them, I had developed over 10-12 new whiteheads and pustules.