Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
indianace87

Can somebody recommend a good toner, that isnt overdrying

Can somebody recommend a good toner that will help keep my oil in control and also

minimize the appearenc and size of pores without overdrying my skin and in return causing it to be oiler.

currently i am looking at the biore triple action astringent and the neutrogena pore refining

any insights into the above 2 and anything better will help

thanx

proactiv makes a really good toner that doesn't overdry the skin. It also exfoliates pretty well because of the glycolic acid in it. I would recommend that

:angel:

Woah, the Biore Triple Action toner contains FAR too many irritants! Considering how it contains at least 3 different forms of alcohol, there's no doubt that it'd be immensely overdrying. The witch hazel and menthol are in there as well, just in case you want any MORE irritation.

Quite honestly, any toner that claims to "minimize pores" is most likely just drying the skin out. Harsh astringents can also lead to dehydrated skin later in life, possibly resulting in early wrinkles.

I would steer clear of any toner that isn't alcohol-free. The Neutrogena Pore Refining toner (even though it contains alcohol) or the Nivea Visage Moisturizing toner would be your best bets. They both remove any makeup and cleanser residue without irritating your skin. The Nivea toner, however, does not contain any alcohol - and that's a definite plus!

Personally, topical exfoliants (and not toners) have really helped to smoothen my skin and minimize the appearance of my pores. BHA and AHA topicals unclog the pores, thus making them virtually unnoticeable. :dance:

Hope I helped! :)

Have you tried out the green tea toner? I used a homemade green toner for the first time last night, and it left my skin feeling so smooth. Although I am not sure how well it works as I only used it once so far, it made my skin feel nice!

I agree that Proactiv Solution Toner rocks. I really wish Dan would make a toner instead of the Salicylic lotion he's coming out with (hey Dan, how about a salicylic acid TONER???) - toners balance the ph in your skin and exfoliate nicely too.

In a pinch I use plain old witch hazel. It's refreshing. soothing to the skin, and works well.

I find toners make BP absorb better. Toners are really an underrated product. Even the esthician Dan interviewed on this website said she uses a toner for ph balance. Plus they just make your skin look refreshed and nice. I'll always continue to use a toner.

I agree that Proactiv Solution Toner rocks. I really wish Dan would make a toner instead of the Salicylic lotion he's coming out with (hey Dan, how about a salicylic acid TONER???) - toners balance the ph in your skin and exfoliate nicely too.

In a pinch I use plain old witch hazel. It's refreshing. soothing to the skin, and works well.

I find toners make BP absorb better. Toners are really an underrated product. Even the esthician Dan interviewed on this website said she uses a toner for ph balance. Plus they just make your skin look refreshed and nice. I'll always continue to use a toner.

I've tried a lot of toners. The one that really leaves my face fresh and clean is the proactiv toner. Other toners sometimes makes my face feel not so clean.