I need some help with my regimen. Here it is:

Morning:

1. Wash face with cetaphil

2. dab on PC's 2% BHA liquid

3. scrap Dan's BP gel over my face

Night:

1. Wash face with cetaphil

2. scrap green cream lvl 6 over my face

Also, I shave but I do not have a firm place for it in my regimen. I either shave in the morning with king of shaves shaving gel before doing steps 1-3 or, around 8:30pm I'll shave (as I just finished exercising), and then wait a couple of hours before washing my face and putting on green cream.

The reason I need help is because I've been using green cream for just over 2 weeks, and everythings been going well except the last few days I've had REALLY dry skin, and it is starting to irritate my skin just to put the BP gel on (which never happened previously).

I think I am putting too many products on, and was wondering what I could cut out to reduce the irritation and drying. I'm not giving up GC but am afraid if I stop using BP or BHA my acne will come back, and I know while on GC many people experience a purging period.

Is it possible to cut out cetaphil? Or maybe I could use BHA and bp once every second day.

Thanks for any help.

P.S. I do use a moisturizer and apply it frequently and liberally, and even it irritates my skin (I use Dan's moisturizer).

Personally, my experience with BP was terrible! I use Paula's Choice 2% BHA lotion and wash my face with Cetaphil. Those are the only products I use on my face (sometimes I use tea tree oil as a spot treatment), and for now, so far so good. What might be irritating your face is the BP, since some people are very sensitive to it. Cetaphil is not the reason of your skin irritation since it's a gentle cleanser, but using both green cream and BP is way too much for your skin to handle. You should stop using BP, and stick to Cetaphil and BHA in the morning and Cetaphil with green cream at night.

Personally, my experience with BP was terrible! I use Paula's Choice 2% BHA lotion and wash my face with Cetaphil. Those are the only products I use on my face (sometimes I use tea tree oil as a spot treatment), and for now, so far so good. What might be irritating your face is the BP, since some people are very sensitive to it. Cetaphil is not the reason of your skin irritation since it's a gentle cleanser, but using both green cream and BP is way too much for your skin to handle. You should stop using BP, and stick to Cetaphil and BHA in the morning and Cetaphil with green cream at night.

Thanks for the response. I'm gonna cut out my morning routine for the next couple of days and see what happens. Hopefully the drying will go away. Then I'll try putting on PC's BHA along with cetaphil in the morning (while leaving BP out) and see how that goes.

I am currently clear so the only need for BP is to prevent new acne from surfacing. If that happens then I may leave out the BHA and put the BP on instead.

Anyway, green cream rocks. This stuff is doing wonders for my skin.