Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Guest AcneProne_1977

SusTANE!

Guest AcneProne_1977

Hey Katy!

Thanks for the congrats!! :D

Wow, I'm so happy for you that your skin is so smooth!! I can't wait until my whole face is totally smooth. It's getting there!! The last few days, my face seems to glow more and is smoother in texture - which is starting to feel good and I hope things keep progressing like this! :) Yah, those poor acne-free people don't know what they're missing. ;)

You're being so good by not touching your spots... it's a bad habit of mine. I refuse to leave the house with a whitehead or anything scabby looking. I know it's bad, but I can't help it. I'm sure it makes it worse and extends the healing time, but I STILL do it. Silly me. :doh: But glad to hear that the regrowth thing is normal. LOL!

OMG - my ants are falling out too!! Some are ready (so I scratch them out... :naughty:), a few fall off on their own during the day and I have to sort of wipe them away (gross!) and the rest are coming up a tiny bit every day. This purging thing may be the grossest part of Accutane, in my opinion! Yuck. And you're right, they sorta look like dry skin.

Hrmmm, I think you're on 80, right? (Sorry, I guess I'm being lazy by not checking out that info in your log...:P) Yah, I think that's too much for you...

Can't wait till Sunday for DHW!!!!!

Have a great turkey weekend! ;)

Guest AcneProne_1977
Hey Malevolent (do you have a name?? ;P),

Yah my real name is "Ammar" , I am half english, half iraqi.. So I guess my parents chose to name me through my arabic half.. Some of my friends call me "Aimar" though, like the argentinian football player ;p. Heck, some of my friends even call me "Dope" hehe

Ya I am taking hair vitamins.. They dont seem to be doing much for my situation tho... Ima go cut it soon.. Perhaps when I am feeling better

Duh! I did know your name cause I thought it was original when I first read it. :)

Hrmmm, I think I'll refrain from calling you Dope. ;P

Guest AcneProne_1977
Hey Robyn, congrats on the one month mark :) I'm now one week in! May I ask roughly what day you started to notice a reduction in oil? So far the only side effect I've noticed that doesn't resolve quickly is the dry lips. They feel fine when smothered in carmex but just feel so odd otherwise...dry, but in a different way to how I usually get dry lips!!!

Hey Lora,

Thanks, I'm thrilled that I'm past the first month! :)

Sounds like you're going through EXACTLY what I did at the beginning of the second week. I was soooo oily and couldn't wait to dry out. I think I started getting dry around day 11(ish), then by week 3 I was super dry and now I'm a little dry in the afternoon...but otherwise, it's great - no friggen oil blotters at all!!!!!!!!! Unfortunately, I had 3 nasty breakouts...THAT was awful. Blah.

As for the lips, unfortunately they do get worse than yours are right now and are still VERY dry. It's the worst after I eat, I feel like I have no lips... they're tingly, burning and dry and irritated after I eat. Hrmmmm, you're right - it's hard to describe that feeling in the first week... not really dry, but you know they're "different" than usual, right?? It's hard to pinpoint and explain exactly what it feels like, I know!

YAY for your start of week 2!!

Thanks Robyn :) That's made me feel better about the oil...I just want it to go, lol. I bet in a few weeks I'll be complaining about being too dry though :D My skin is so erratic. It was really good last night but not so great today. Ah well, I'll put up with it for the end results.

Belated grats on celebrating one month! Glad to see you're taking this whole thing with such positivity. I wonder if I'll be able to do that once, and if, I will get accutane prescribed in 3 weeks time.

Going to follow your log closely and I wish you the best of luck!

Guest AcneProne_1977

Lora, glad I could help! :) Do you have a log as well??

NovemberNight, thanks - it's so nice to be past the first month! Sounds like you're not sure if you'll get Accutane?! Would love to keep up with your log if/when you start one. :)

Lora, glad I could help! :) Do you have a log as well??

NovemberNight, thanks - it's so nice to be past the first month! Sounds like you're not sure if you'll get Accutane?! Would love to keep up with your log if/when you start one. :)

Congrats on passing first month! lol, i wish i was there. Judging by your pics, your acne should be eliminated pretty soon, mine was much worse when i was a teen but now it's similar to yours since i turned 22. So happy i passed the teen years since my hormones were out of wackkkkkkkkkk.

Hey Robyn,

I don't have a log but was thinking of starting one. Maybe I will on Wednesday when I have a day off work. I kinda feel that I may have been slightly less oily the last few days but probably just wishful thinking, lol. Today is only day 10 though. What dosage are you on?

Hello!

Going to meet with my derm tomorrow AND take bloodwork! wohoo :D I've never been so excited to get stabbed with a needle!

How is month 2 going for you?? I bet you are looking absolutely fantastic!

Have a wonderful day, WW!

Heyhey,

I expect you'll overtake me, at some point. I don't reckon my daily dose will be any greater than 35mg, during this treatment...

Thanks for keeping me motivated, babe.

Guest AcneProne_1977

4tunate, thanks... but my skin's not any better now than it was in the beginning. I'm still breaking out which is fuckin' annoying!! Hopefully this will be my LAST major breakout! :) Glad to hear that your hormones have calmed down. LOL!

---------------

Lora, you should TOTALLY start a log...I'd love to keep up with ya!! I'm sure you'll start noticing less and less oil every day now...keep me posted!! I'm on 40mg. You?

---------------

Hey Ammar!! (Did I spell it right?)

Month 2 was going great for a couple days and now my face is all broken out again. Is it possible that this is still part of the IB? I mean, this is my 4th major breakout. Blah. Some-fuckin'-how, I'm still being positive tho. LOL!!

Glad to hear that you're getting drugs tomorrow!!!!! ;P

---------------

Hey DH! :)

Have you spoken to your derm about raising your dose??

---------------

Off to bed, fellow acne.org friends!!!! :)

Hey hey!

Another break out??? Ouch :( hang in there, this is nothing WW cant rise up against! hehe. Stay positive :D. Yup I should go pick up my drugs soon, I'm craving so bad!!! hahaha.

Hey Robyn,

I'm also on 40mg! I think I will have a go at a log tomorrow. A much needed day off work, and stuck in all day waiting for a courier, lol.

Guest AcneProne_1977

Hey Ammar!!

Yup, this breakout was my FOURTH since starting Accutane!! :(

I'm getting use to the breakouts, so they don't bother me as much... but they're still annoying and look like shit. Blah. This breakout is slowing down a bit and the scabs are falling off and turning into red spots - which is good. So, I'm hoping this was my last breakout, but it's my THIRD time saying this... so who knows??

I'm still trying to stay positive, but another breakout could ruin this for me - I really hope not!! :snooty:

Soooooooooooooo, you're on drugs again, eh?! LOL!!!

Hey Robyn,

I'm also on 40mg! I think I will have a go at a log tomorrow. A much needed day off work, and stuck in all day waiting for a courier, lol.

Hey Lora, can't wait to see your log!!

What day are you on now?

Yup, on drugs indeed.. !! hehe. I feel complete again.

Don't worry, you will stop breaking out eventually.. Don't let it get to you :) one must suffer in order to achieve! Right? Some suffer more than others, but it is those who come out stronger.

I will be cheering your skin on!!!!!!

Hey Ammar!!

Yup, this breakout was my FOURTH since starting Accutane!! :(

I'm getting use to the breakouts, so they don't bother me as much... but they're still annoying and look like shit. Blah. This breakout is slowing down a bit and the scabs are falling off and turning into red spots - which is good. So, I'm hoping this was my last breakout, but it's my THIRD time saying this... so who knows??

I'm still trying to stay positive, but another breakout could ruin this for me - I really hope not!! :snooty:

Soooooooooooooo, you're on drugs again, eh?! LOL!!!

Hey Robyn,

Hey Lora, can't wait to see your log!!

What day are you on now?

Melncalley: I just wanted to let you know how brave I think you are. I am the same age as you are, but I don't know that I could do Accutane again. I was on it in the Mid90's and it took quite the toll on me with all the breakouts and wanting to hide, but it did the job and I have not had acne as bad as I did. I did begin breaking out again (not like when I was a teen) and I did the Proactive thing, but that like you said, that is another story. I wish you the best of luck. Keep the faith, clearer skin is on the way....... :dance:

Guest AcneProne_1977
Yup, on drugs indeed.. !! hehe. I feel complete again.

Don't worry, you will stop breaking out eventually.. Don't let it get to you :) one must suffer in order to achieve! Right? Some suffer more than others, but it is those who come out stronger.

I will be cheering your skin on!!!!!!

YAY for drugs!! LOL

Thanks sooooo much for your encouragement and motivaton...it helps me to keep going!!! :)

Melncalley: I just wanted to let you know how brave I think you are. I am the same age as you are, but I don't know that I could do Accutane again. I was on it in the Mid90's and it took quite the toll on me with all the breakouts and wanting to hide, but it did the job and I have not had acne as bad as I did. I did begin breaking out again (not like when I was a teen) and I did the Proactive thing, but that like you said, that is another story. I wish you the best of luck. Keep the faith, clearer skin is on the way....... :dance:

Thank you, I hope my skin clears up soon!!

Why won't you try Accutane again if it worked that well?

Robyn!

I am happy that you are having a good day! Hopefully from now on all the rest of ur days will be great! My fingers are crossed for you :).. and my toes! hehe, even got a couple hairs crossed jus to spice things up a little!

Hehe I am so sleepy I reckon my bed needs me right about now!!

Have a FANTASTIC day and smile, woman! :].

Guest AcneProne_1977

DAY 37

I feel like it was yesterday that I started month 2, so I'm happy that it's going by quick! :)

I haven't had much to update lately... just a few things to add today.

I felt totally weird today. I almost felt like I was high (dizzy and lightheaded)! Not only that, but my memory and concentration are off lately. Is anyone else experiencing this? It's probably the 2nd or 3rd time it's happened so far. Very weird feeling. It's causing me to make mistakes at work, which is embarassing. :wacko:

I've been a bit more tired lately, haven't felt like going to the gym. I'm going to push myself tomorrow night and Saturday and hopefully that will renew my energy levels!

I've been sleeping really well, which is great!! :)

My last (fourth) breakout has calmed down. I haven't had a new active in a couple of days and the red marks seem to be fading (if only they faded WAY more each day, I'd be thrilled! seems like they fade about 2% each day). Most of the blackheads are gone and my skin is smoother (where there aren't any old healing actives). The redness has gone down a lot, I think it's the Aveeno Ultra Calming Moisturizer. I've been getting really weird zits that are hard and don't really come to a head. They seem to VERY slowly go away, but they leave nasty red marks. I have a bunch of these right now, I'm hoping they go away QUICK.

I've had a few lower back aches here-and-there, but nothing really bothersome. Joints are also achy here-and-there, but not too annoying yet.

If only my skin would stop breaking out, I could start dating again!!!!

Felt great today and had an awesome day at work (other than being high...LOL)!

Hope everyone's course is going well. :)

Ammar, Ammar, Ammar...

You sure know how to spice things up, dontchya?? ;P

Thanks again for making me smile - as usual!!

Have a great night's sleep... :)

Hi Robyn,

WOW!! can't believe your on day 37 already, its going so quickly for me too and so far its going really well, just collected my second month supply today!!

I'm also getting the light headed dizziness your experiencing, its really wierd, i feel kinda drunk and not with it!

Hope that wears off as i'm already called a Dopey Dora!! :)

I'm glad your breakouts have calmed down, i've also had a few off those zits that don't come to a head, i have the red marks left over from those now. I am using an oil on my face under my moisturizer that seems to heal these red marks much quicker! It has coconut oil, grapeseed extract oil, lavender oil and rose oil!

xx

Guest AcneProne_1977

Hey Sarah,

You've been MIA - I missed you! :)

LOL @ Dopey Dora! :lol:

What's the oil called that you're using? I'm always afraid to use oil in case it'll clog my pores and cause further breakouts...

How's your course going? You haven't updated in a while and I'd LOVE to hear how it's going!

Robyn

Hey there! don't worry about clogging pores.. give your skin as much moisture as possible.. I used a lot of JoJoba Oil during my dry times and it worked wonders!

This is the time to pamper yourself and your skin as much as possible!

Hang in there!! I'm here if you have any questions! Just drop me a line on MySpace :)

Good Luck!!

-Florencia ;)

Guest AcneProne_1977
Hey there! don't worry about clogging pores.. give your skin as much moisture as possible.. I used a lot of JoJoba Oil during my dry times and it worked wonders!

This is the time to pamper yourself and your skin as much as possible!

Hang in there!! I'm here if you have any questions! Just drop me a line on MySpace :)

Good Luck!!

-Florencia ;)

Thanks girl!!!! :)

How's your skin doin' M'lady? More importantly, how are you feeling today?? Still positive, I hope!

I will have to follow TucsonDixie's advice too, I am lazy when it comes to moisturizing!