Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
dingdingding

Will never grow out of it?

I was hoping that I would grow out of my acne, but now I am 32, so no chance of that. I think it's harder when you are older with acne. When you are younger it is looked at as more normal.

I was hoping that I would grow out of my acne, but now I am 32, so no chance of that. I think it's harder when you are older with acne. When you are younger it is looked at as more normal.

I agree. I hate to think that I'm going to have wrinkles and acne at the same time.

well this is a depressing thread! :cry:

im 22 now! 23 next year, and the thought of never growing out of this is a horrible thought.

mines maintained by minoycline but im aiming to come off it soon and try something else cause it only maintains it, doesnt keep me clear.

Our generation is having a postponed date for growing out. Maybe so much that its after our death.

/thread.

I'm almost 28, starting to get acne at 23. Had accutane when I was 24, was clear for about half of year, but then acne came back. I think it's also depend on the cause of your acne, I think mine is mostly caused by stress, and I think as long as stress stil controlling me the acne will never fully go away.

'In a lot of ways it's nice just to come here and see other people in the same boat because I seem to be surrounded by people with perfect skin in my day to day life! '

This is exactly how I feel too! I feel like a complete anomoly because I just think why me! Why on earth is it me who has acne and not everybody who I see everyday. But then I come on here and realise I'm not alone.

I'm 24 and when I think about it, I realise I've never expected to ever outgrow acne. It's been with me for so long. It wasn't on my face as a teenager, but all over my back and shoulders. I got quite bad teenage spots, perhaps what you'd call mild acne. Then, all of a sudden when I was about 18 my bacne cleared up and seemed to migrate northwards to my face. I'd call it moderate acne because it was localised to my lower cheek and jaw area. This is still the area which is affected now, but BP seems to be 'controlling' my breakouts. I'm so scarred though which is a daily struggle.

Someone said about a quote that 85% of people suffer from acne. I reckon this is referring to 'spots' rather than bona fide acne as we know it, afterall all spots are acne. So yeah, even clear skinned people a spot once in a blue moon. As for Cameron, I'd kill for her acne! I've seen her in mags with a few spots but never any scars. The only scarred celebrity I can think of is Elizabeth Hurley, she has a few pockmarks on her cheeks, but again I would gladly swap epidermis with her.

Ok, ranted on there for a bit longer than intended! A topic that is very close to my heart as you can see!

'In a lot of ways it's nice just to come here and see other people in the same boat because I seem to be surrounded by people with perfect skin in my day to day life! '

This is exactly how I feel too! I feel like a complete anomoly because I just think why me! Why on earth is it me who has acne and not everybody who I see everyday. But then I come on here and realise I'm not alone.

I'm 24 and when I think about it, I realise I've never expected to ever outgrow acne. It's been with me for so long. It wasn't on my face as a teenager, but all over my back and shoulders. I got quite bad teenage spots, perhaps what you'd call mild acne. Then, all of a sudden when I was about 18 my bacne cleared up and seemed to migrate northwards to my face. I'd call it moderate acne because it was localised to my lower cheek and jaw area. This is still the area which is affected now, but BP seems to be 'controlling' my breakouts. I'm so scarred though which is a daily struggle.

Someone said about a quote that 85% of people suffer from acne. I reckon this is referring to 'spots' rather than bona fide acne as we know it, afterall all spots are acne. So yeah, even clear skinned people a spot once in a blue moon. As for Cameron, I'd kill for her acne! I've seen her in mags with a few spots but never any scars. The only scarred celebrity I can think of is Elizabeth Hurley, she has a few pockmarks on her cheeks, but again I would gladly swap epidermis with her.

Ok, ranted on there for a bit longer than intended! A topic that is very close to my heart as you can see!

Guest T.M.

32 here. Had it since I was about 17 I think, mild/moderate.

I still deal with it and I am 48. Even when I was on bc I still had zits but not like now. I think mine is hereditary and hormonal. I also work with kids half my age and have the clearest skin, not a pore, spot, zit or even a line or a hint of anything, just clear skin! SUCKS because they eat badly, soda, fries, ice cream, in general junk food. I never did because I always had a weight problem and didn't want to add any more to it. So now as I get older, I have developed eczema along with lines and wrinkles. Try working with those kids when I have a flare up and its flaring up now because my youngest one is heading off to college in a few days and the stress is killing me! not to mention that monthly time has brought a few spots to deal with too! Major STRESS. I will always have this no matter my age. Elf

god this is depressing to read!

i've been hoping i'll 'grow out' of acne for at least 5 years, i'm 26 now.

i'm just starting accutane again on a low dose. the acne is less severe now but the psychological effects are huge as a decade of acne has seriously messed me up. i'm sure many others can relate.

anyway best of luck, i hope some of you at least will grow out of acne.

tim

I've had acne since I was 8. Yes 8. My third grade picture I have zits on my chin. I'm now 31. My acne was moderatly severe between 8th grade and around 25 years old. It improved since then and since I started my regimine about a year ago.. I'm really good. I still get a couple zits now and then and the occasional cyst. Right now I'm basically clear except for one big cyst on my chin. :doh:

My father just turned 63. He STILL gets pimples now and then and always has lots of blackheads. I (thank god) don't have much of a black head problem *knock on wood* but I'm expecting to have to deal with a few zits or the occasional cyst for the rest of my life.

I thought I'd answered this, but it must have been one of the other thousand such threads.

So anyway, my skin cleared at 40 within 2 months of changing my diet. My father had acne until he died in his sixties.

Our generation is having a postponed date for growing out. Maybe so much that its after our death.

/thread.

Hey you know what, there might be some truth to what you are saying. Just 100 years ago, the average life span was no more than 40 years. And now, it is like 75-80? Also the average age at which women are having kids has also increased. 100 years, maybe average first child was born at 14 or 15. So now the body cant afford to become "old" at 30 itself b/c most people dont even start having a family or kids before that age. I believe as long as your body is flowing full of hormones, zits are just a consequence of that.