Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

I've had one treatment so far for my acne with the Aramis laser (i don't know exactly what category this laser is under...i just know the name of the laser itself is Aramis). It pulses 3 times on each spot (well, it did the first time, but i think it goes up to 5 pulses next visit). Anyway, I was in such pain with this treatment, my eyes were watering through the goggles and down my face. I was told it would get better with each treatment as it only hurts on active acne, but my acne hasn't really cleared up all that much so i know the next treatment is going to hurt as well (i'm not expecting immediate results don't get me wrong i know it take a couple times, but with still having active acne it's still going to hurt). I have my next treatment on wednesday, and i have 3 left after that. I was just wondering if anyone knew any ways to lessen the pain of the laser? My doctor never offered a topical numbing anything, in fact she told me at first that the laser wasn't going to hurt at all (lies! haha). I really don't want to be in that much pain again for 4 more treatments at 20 minutes each time so any help would be so appreciated!!

:(. All i ca usggest is tell him/her that the pain you endured last time hurt really bad. and you wish to have a numbing cream/gel applied before your next treatment.

So I asked my doctor for some numbing gel before the treatment. funny experience. It also completely eliminated my pain, it only hurt on my nose. The funny part though was once I got home, I washed my face to eliminate the traces of gel left. The doctor had told me that the numbness would wear off in an hour. But after I washed my face, it starting tingling way more than it had been (this was 50 mins after my treatment). Then my entire face went completely numb, not like it had been before, now I couldn't even move the muscles in my face (and some had gotten on my lips so i couldn't move those either). Luckily I have a sense of humor and found it hilarious. And it wore off two hours after that. Anyways, besides my funny story, the numbing gel worked wonders and only caused 1 blemish to show up (if it even caused that one....). I have 3 treatments left to go and now thank god they are completely bearable and hopefully will be worth it. :)