Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
dragon10

Wow?! Applying moisturizer before applying minerals?

I tried this today and wow! it really makes everything so much better! but

after only 4 hours I started to get a little bit of shine :(, but before it made

my face so glowy..

anyone else agree?

UPDATE: nvm... i thought it looked good then

my mom asked are you wearing makeup? cuz of the glowish-shine

after only 4 hours I started to get a little bit of shine :(, but before it made

my face so glowy..

anyone else agree?

Yer always wear moisturiser before minerals! Maybe apply a little less, massage it in a little more, or maybe you can not fully dry your face after cleansing and let the moisturiser mix in with your damp face, so it goes alot longer with less moisturiser.

my face so glowy..

anyone else agree?

Yer always wear moisturiser before minerals! Maybe apply a little less, massage it in a little more, or maybe you can not fully dry your face after cleansing and let the moisturiser mix in with your damp face, so it goes alot longer with less moisturiser.

alright, yea I think i applyed a little too much moisturizer..

A couple other ideas for you ...

You might experiment with different moisturizers for under your minerals. Some that I used to wear would dry completely and not get my makeup goo-ey. Currently I use a heavy cream moisturizer (cetaphil cream in a jar) and I can't wear it at all under my make up.

Another suggestion - if you use cetaphil gentle face cleanser (or the walmart cheap equate brand which is what I use) - you can rub some of this cleanser on your face and rub it off with a wash cloth - leaving a very thin layer of moisturizer behind that dries beautifully for underneath makeup.

Lastly - I experimented once with mixing my mineral foundation in my hand with a tiny bit of moisturizer. Then I applied it to my face - it was light coverage - sort of marginally evened out skin tone. Not a bad look - ultra natural. I need more coverage than that - but if you want to be stealthy about hiding make up - it does work. :)

Good luck!

I wished mineral foundations worked better for me, but they never give me enough coverage. I do find, however, that when I apply moisturizer (and when my face is still moist from it), the minerals go on so much better and give much better coverage. (thats EM with a kabuki fyi) :)

The wrong moisturizer will make you shiny under any makeup.....I use a small drop of Lac-Hydrin Five & it's perfect.

couldn't agree more........i use a small amount of hope in a jar and, like souxsie, it's perfect.

I wished mineral foundations worked better for me, but they never give me enough coverage. I do find, however, that when I apply moisturizer (and when my face is still moist from it), the minerals go on so much better and give much better coverage. (thats EM with a kabuki fyi) :)

what formula of EM are you using? try the intensive formula and maybe switch to a flat-top brush. the coverage is much better.