Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
wanabeacnefree

Somewhere to keep track of my regimen

WEEK 37:

SKIN CONDITION: Very good this past week.

SIDE AFFECTS: none.

PRODUCTS IN MORNING: Rinse with water in shower. Exfoliate with baby hairbrush. Dove Energy Glow moisturiser.

PRODUCTS AT NIGHT: Cetaphil Cleanser and ASAP moisturiser.

B5 DOSAGE: 10g plus 2 zinc tablets and berocca (B-complex) everyday.

DIET: 2-3 litres of water a day. Green smoothie most mornings. Vegie soups. No cheese, no pizza, no chocolate or other sweets.

SUMMARY:

Yet another great week :dance:

No new breakouts and I've managed to keep my diet in check. No cheese, chocolate, pizza or sweets.

So now I'm wondering if my clear skin is due to diet, B5 or minimal topicals?

I'm going to keep up with everything for the moment, especially my diet which is high in fresh vegies and low in carbs and sweets.

I will stay on 10g of B5 until my current supply runs out, probably in about a month. Then I might lower it gradually and eventually come off it.

WEEK 38:

SKIN CONDITION: One pustule on side of nose and a couple of whiteheads under my chin.

SIDE AFFECTS: a bit of diarrhea.

PRODUCTS IN MORNING: Rinse with water in shower. Exfoliate with baby hairbrush. Dove Energy Glow moisturiser.

PRODUCTS AT NIGHT: Cetaphil Cleanser and ASAP moisturiser. Aloe vera and ice on pustule.

B5 DOSAGE: 10g plus 1 zinc tablet and berocca (B-complex) everyday.

DIET: 2-3 litres of water a day. Green smoothie most mornings. Vegie soups. No cheese, no pizza, no chocolate or other sweets. Minimal carbs.

SUMMARY:

Had a business trip interstate this week, so it was hard to eat healthy.

Had a few new spots this week, probably due to stress and less vegies in my diet than previous weeks.

I have low fat milk in my coffee and have replaced sugar with honey.

Reducing my carb intake has helped clear my skin as well as feeling less bloated. I still eat bread during the day, but do not eat pasta, rice or potatoes at all.

I mainly have meat, chicken or fish with vegies for dinners.

I have stayed away from cheese, pasta, pizza and sweets.

I'm generally happy with my skin at the moment and will continue with my current regimen.

I believe my diet changes are the reason for my skin improving and will start to ween off the B5.

WEEK 39:

SKIN CONDITION: Currently no active acne :dance: but a couple of red marks from previous spots.

SUPPLEMENTS: 10g of B5, 1 zinc tablet and berocca (B-complex) everyday.

DIET: 2-3 litres of water a day. No cheese, no dairy (except low fat milk in my coffee), no pizza, no chocolate or other sweets. Minimal carbs.

SUMMARY:

I currently have no active acne and am obviously very pleased with this.

I'm adjusting well to reducing my carb intake (I used to crave carbs all the time). The only 'bad' thing I ate was a cheese sandwich on Thursday night, which so far hasn't affected me. I was craving cheese and gave in :wall:

I have started reducing my B5 dosage and plan to be off it in a couple of months.

I used everyday mineral makeup a couple of times this week, hopefully it won't break me out again like last time I used it.

Also, I only had 2 green smoothies this week, I'm just getting too lazy to make them now.

WEEK 40:

SKIN CONDITION: 2 active spots

SUPPLEMENTS: 5g of B5, 1 zinc tablet and berocca (B-complex) everyday.

DIET: 2-3 litres of water a day. Bad week for diet, had cheese, sweets, carbs.

SUMMARY:

I was running low on my B5 supplies, so I've cut my dosage down to 5g a day.

Bad diet and sudden reduction of B5 dosage was probably the cause of the new spots.

Although, I'm generally pleased with my skin at the moment.

WEEK 41:

SKIN CONDITION: no active spots, last weeks breakout is just red marks now :wall:

SUPPLEMENTS: 5g of B5, 1 zinc tablet and berocca (B-complex) everyday.

DIET: 2-3 litres of water a day. Stayed away from sweets and dairy, but had pizza on the weekend.

SUMMARY:

I have started to cut down my B5 dosage. I'm now on 4.5g a day and will continue to cut down every fortnight until I'm off it.

No active acne for nearly a week, although I'm waiting for the weekend pizza to resurface as acne this week :wall: Kinda gives a new meaning to pizza-face, huh? :lol:

My skin is fairly smooth, besides the scarring and I'm still pretty happy with my current status.

Need to get back into vegie soups and less carbs. The only cheese I had last week was on the pizza.

I also have been fairly stress-free of late, which I believe helps reduce my acne as well.

WEEK 42:

SKIN CONDITION: 2 active spots.

SUPPLEMENTS: 4.5g of B5, 1 zinc tablet and berocca (B-complex) everyday.

DIET: 2-3 litres of water a day. Stayed away from sweets and dairy, but had pizza on the weekend. Had plenty of vegies throughout the week.

SUMMARY:

It seems like Ground Hog Day with my diet lately. I blame the footy season :wall:

During the week I'm fairly healthy, but come Saturday and it's beer, pies and pizza.

My skin hasn't been all that bad considering the amount of crap I eat on weekends, must be the excess vegies during the week.

Had makeup free days yesterday and today.

Generally happy with my skin still...

I can't believe how great my skin is atm :dance:

I will probably breakout horribly now I've said this, but I just don't understand how I can be so clear when my diet has been shocking and my regimen hasn't changed :think:

The only thing I can think is that I have eaten more vegies of late and no cheese, except what was on the pizza last weekend. Also I'm half way through my cycle?

I have had less water, eaten pizza, KFC, chocolate, sweet biscuits, white bread, potato chips.

Saturday I ate a vegemite roll, a pie, pizza (gourmet) and a neenish tart.

Sunday I ate eggs benedict, potato chips, KFC twister, small potato and gravy and dominos pizza. I drank alot of beer and smoked a shit load all weekend.

Monday I had 2 slices of toast with vegemite, soup and bread roll, chicken and vegies, a bowl of spaghetti bolognese, 2 white bread rolls with butter, chocolate, 2 coffees, 1 1/2 litres of water and 6 beers.

Tuesday I had a chicken burger, pumpkin soup, bread roll, rissoles and vegies, chocolate, 4 coffees, 2 green teas, 2 litres water and 4 beers.

Wednesday I had pumpkin soup and bread roll, salad with tuna, spaghetti bolognese, chocolate, 2 sweet biscuits, 3 coffees, 2 green teas, 2 litres water and 3 beers.

Today I had chicken and salad roll, rissole with vegies, 1 slice of toasted fruit bread with butter, 4 savoury biscuits, 2 sweet biscuits, 4 coffees, 2 litres water and 3 beers.

I'm a firm believer in diet affecting acne, however unless my breakout is on the horizon, this week defies me? :think:

WEEK 43:

SKIN CONDITION: 1 active spot on jawline.

SUPPLEMENTS: 4.5g of B5, 1 zinc tablet and berocca (B-complex) everyday.

DIET: 2-3 litres of water a day. My diet continued on the path of previous post.

SUMMARY:

I stayed away from cheese again this week and had plenty of vegies. I believe this is working well for my skin as I am fairly free of active acne.

Reduced my B5 intake to 4g today.

Had a very stressful weekend and this coming week I will be premenstral, so am anticipating a baaaad breakout.

WEEK 44:

SKIN CONDITION: no active acne :dance:

SUPPLEMENTS: 4g of B5, 1 zinc tablet and berocca (B-complex) everyday.

DIET: 2-3 litres of water a day. Had alot of bad foods this last week, but in moderation.

SUMMARY:

My skin has been really good and easy to handle the past few weeks, hopefully this will stay like this.

I haven't really avoided any foods. I ate pizza, a cheeseburger, KFC, indian take away, white bread, pasta, rice, chocolate biscuits.

Although I've had cheese in certain foods, I haven't eaten cheese like I used to and I ate lots of vegies, had apples nearly everyday and drank at least one cup of green tea almost everyday.

I've also had plenty of sleep everynight.

The main thing is I have stopped worrying about my skin every minute of the day.

Are you sure you should stop B5 completely? I'm just afraid you will start breaking out again, and there shouldn't be any problem staying on like 4 grams a day...

^ No, I'm never too sure whether to come off it or not :shrug:

If you go back through my posts you will see how indecisive I have been the past few months.

I'm currently cutting down 1/2 gram every 2 weeks and it seems to be working well so far.

WEEK 45:

SKIN CONDITION: no active acne :dance:

DIET: 2-3 litres of water a day. Not much different from last week with the bad foods.

SUMMARY:

I don't know what has changed, but my skin is getting better everyday :dance:

My stress levels are at an all time high.

I haven't been sleeping well.

My supplements and topicals have stayed the same.

I have eaten more chocolate/sweets than usual.

I haven't really cut out any foods.

The only thing I've really stayed away from is dairy :think:

Maybe I'm finally just growing out of acne, I doubt it though...

WEEK 46:

SKIN CONDITION: 2 active spots

DIET: 2-3 litres of water a day. Diet...pfft, what diet?!

SUMMARY:

Wow! Nearly a year on B5!

2 new spots this past week were minor and manageable. One was between my eyes and probably caused by the pads on my glasses. I need to cleanse my glasses everyday or more.

My diet has blown out again, thanks to 2 x cheeseburgers not only on Thursday after work, but Friday aswell. I finish work at nidnight so these purchases were not dinner or lunch, but a sinful midnight snack :wall:

It's the winter months which blowout my diet. I crave, and give in to, comfort foods in the colder months. Bring on the carbs and that spare tyre!

To be honest, my life lately has not allowed for me to procrastinate about acne too much. I always thought stress upped my acne, but it hasn't really affected my skin in the past few weeks as I thought it should. Guess my theory on stress is wrong?!

My topicals are going well and I'm still cutting down my B5 intake.

I'm still happy with my current skin status :D

WEEK 47:

SKIN CONDITION: no active spots

SUPPLEMENTS: 3.5g of B5, 1 zinc tablet and berocca (B-complex) everyday.

DIET: 2-3 litres of water a day. I have eaten fairly healthy foods this week. But still had the odd chocolate.

SUMMARY:

Nothing has really changed in this past week, except that I cut down my B5 dosage by 0.5g.

I believe my skin clearing is due to cetaphil cleanser, less sugar in my diet and the contraceptive pill.

I still have a bit of reddness beside both sides of my nose, but nothing I can't cover up with makeup if necessary :D

I know my skin will never be totally smooth, but for now I'm happy being free of active spots :dance:

WEEK 48:

SKIN CONDITION: 1 active spot.

SUPPLEMENTS: 2g of B5, 1 zinc tablet and berocca (B-complex) everyday.

DIET: 2-3 litres of water a day. Besides dairy, I have not cut anything out of my diet. In fact I've gone overboard with sugars and carbs :wall:

SUMMARY:

I have a monster of a spot on the side of my nose. Which is now a blood spot, thanks to squeezing and picking before it's time was due.

My diet has been out of control with every bad food possible passing my lips :rolleyes: Surprisingly though, I haven't broken out really badly, just a couple of spots here and there. Nothing I can't deal with atm, but it still bothers me that I have acne like a teenager! I'm nearly 40 for god's sake!!!

I'm now on 2g of B5 a day and will stay on this dosage until my supply runs out, probably by the end of this week.

I'm over B5 and need to get my diet back on track :rolleyes:

WEEK 49:

SKIN CONDITION: no active spots.

SUPPLEMENTS: 2g of B5, 1 zinc tablet and berocca (B-complex) everyday.

DIET: 2-3 litres of water a day. My diet is still pretty average, but I'm starting to improve it again.

SUMMARY:

Today I started taking only 1g of B5 as I will run out in a couple of days. Then I will be off the B5.

I have started exercising again and am gradually improving my diet everyday.

My skin is improving also, with less reddness and breakouts.

WEEK 51:

SKIN CONDITION: mini-breakout on my chin

SUPPLEMENTS: 1 zinc tablet and berocca (B-complex) everyday.

DIET: 2-3 litres of water a day. I have only cut dairy out of my diet.

SUMMARY:

I am now off the B5 and suffered a mini-breakout on my chin, which is still clearing up after a solid week :rolleyes:

I have quit smoking :dance: , so I am eating everything in sight! :rolleyes: I am power-walking everyday though, so hopefully I won't put on too much weight from overeating. :pray:

Once I have my nicotine cravings under control, I can concentrate on getting my diet back on track...cut back on sugars and carbs.

I'm interested to see if my skin texture improves from not smoking.

SKIN CONDITION: a few new spots around my mouth and nose.

PRODUCTS IN MORNING: Rinse with water in shower. Dove Energy Glow moisturiser.

PRODUCTS AT NIGHT: Cetaphil Cleanser and Dove Energy Glow evening moisturiser.

DIET: 3-4 litres of water a day. Reduced dairy intake. Eating everything else...!?

SUMMARY:

I've been off the B5 and smokes for a month now. I don't feel my skin has improved.

I was sick for a week with the flu and didn't drink, smoke or wear makeup and my skin was fairly clear for that week. The next week I was back at work and I started breaking out a little.

I really have no idea what triggers my skin to breakout...might be time to visit a derm?

how do you think B5 faired for you after your experience with and without using it?

I too am a fellow aussie and am considering supplementing with B5

... SUMMARY:

I've been off the B5 and smokes for a month now. I don't feel my skin has improved.

I was sick for a week with the flu and didn't drink, smoke or wear makeup and my skin was fairly clear for that week. The next week I was back at work and I started breaking out a little.

I really have no idea what triggers my skin to breakout...might be time to visit a derm?

Just wondering how your skin is doing now and whether you ever had thinning of the hair or brittle hair with taking b5.

All the best ...

{DC}

B5 was great while I was on it, but my breakouts came back after getting off it.

it's magic

I never had hair problems whilst on B5 or after coming off it.

Update:

I have now been taking 50g minocycline for a few months and have not had a breakout since. Nor have I had problems with ingrown hairs on my bikini-line as I used to.

My skin is the best it's been since I got married in 2000 and was last on minocycline.

Although it's not a natural remedy, I'm very happy with the results.

Has it really been over a year since I've been on here?!

Not much has changed, but then I also haven't done anything new...lazy, lazy, lazy!

I'm starting to wonder if there is an ingredient in beer that flares up my acne :think:

I've been onto the red wine in the last year or so.

Anyway last week I had my first week in ages of beer, beer and more beer.

And Guess What! ......

I had the worst breakout in months!!!

Yes, stress did contribute, but not as much as the beer.

So....is it the yeast, hopps, sugar...blah, blah, blah???

Up & down go my skin woes...AKA acne :wall:

Anyway, I'm off to the doc's tomorrow to get referal to demo...finally!

Meanwhile I will steer clear of the beer ;)